It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Please dont get me banned for providing pictures of Babies body parts and asking if you justify that.

Its sick what has happened however its sicker that the media play this like he was more important than Hisham the Kabab shop owner that died in a drone bombing. All life has equal value and its priceless.

Yeah Americans get "shocked" by this news, but not when they torture prisoners and kill children.
edit on 13/9/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he passed away in a fire. he was not assassinated by ninja's

see the sign in the back ? "was a friend to all libyans"

credit to the awesome thread here

Like a modern day Teddy Roosevelt IMO.

Refering to the Panama Canal.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

These are staged photo ops. They are bringing nice looking people on to comment on msm as well today trying to defuse the situation from this side. I saw a pretty young woman interviewed and her head shook in the opposite of everything she answered and said. Her body language told the real story.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
Star and Flag to the OP for having the stones to start this thread, knowing the reactions of some. In my opinion, a lot of knee- jerk "righteous indignation"is going on here. I feel for the loss of any life, and the waste of human potential, be they American or otherwise. Truth is, America is receiving the blowback that should be expected by our continous meddling in the middle east that has resulted in so many innocent lives lost, its bound to happen.

My heart goes out to the family of the Ambassador killed, the same as my heart has allways been with the families of the hundreds of thousands or more in the middle east who's only crime was being born into a country targeted by the US

Thanks.

Although...I don't really deserve any special back-patting for simply acknowledging the reality around me and stating that we should take responsibility for our actions on the global stage. It's my duty as an American citizen and to my children to do so.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Exactly. If you punched all 10 million New Yorkers in the face...do you REALLY have a right to be all outraged and shocked that one or two of them punched you back?

Any rational person would have to think that sooner or later someone is going to come around and knock a few of your teeth out...right? What's so hard to understand about that?

All 10,431,000 had SOMEBODY that they left behind and feels like the US murdered their friend or family member. Sooner or later those responsible for this body count of 10 million CIVILIANS might just find themselves in somebody's sights.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Guy works for the US
Guy supposedly helps overthrow the gov't, which i'm sure were his orders/job
Guy deserves to be killed for following orders and because we killed babies while bombing Iraq, Afghan, and Libya.

Hmmm....
So if my boss goes to jail for any reason,
then i deserve to go with him
And hope and pray my company didn't hurt anyone in the mean time because i also will be held responsible for that??

You're a liberal aren't you? Well how about you ask your liberal leader Obama because most of this Libya stuff happened on his watch and he will take credit for the overthrow, but not for the senseless killing.

Seems liberal to me

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
was a false flag operation....truth is coming out

i know we all human beings are family and therefore i do not see borders or differences...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
If you feel that an American ambassador and his staff got what they deserved, then you are not fellow American of mine so don't pretend to be.

Pretend? You are all pretenders... with your allegiance to most terrorizing nation in the history of the world. Don't worry I wont loose any sleep not being one.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by crawdad1914
Star and Flag to the OP for having the stones to start this thread, knowing the reactions of some. In my opinion, a lot of knee- jerk "righteous indignation"is going on here. I feel for the loss of any life, and the waste of human potential, be they American or otherwise. Truth is, America is receiving the blowback that should be expected by our continous meddling in the middle east that has resulted in so many innocent lives lost, its bound to happen.

My heart goes out to the family of the Ambassador killed, the same as my heart has allways been with the families of the hundreds of thousands or more in the middle east who's only crime was being born into a country targeted by the US

Thanks.

Although...I don't really deserve any special back-patting for simply acknowledging the reality around me and stating that we should take responsibility for our actions on the global stage. It's my duty as an American citizen and to my children to do so.

Taking responsibility for ones own actions is what is right, decent and above all the only way not to deceive oneself.

However as you have pointed out for some to take responsibility for their actions would mean ending their lives or worse living in a state of fear and torture.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There are a few Anti-American's on this thread I see.
The Anti American's I speak of are the ones going against the founding father's wishes to avoid foreign entanglements. None of this would be happening if these Anti American's did not have their noses in other countries business where they don't belong.

Time to take some personal responsibility and worry about our own country more, than what is going on with other countries.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

Any further OFF TOPIC or ILL-MANNERED post will be removed.
Repeat offenders may be Post Banned.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Temporarily closing to allow members to see this Alert.

re-opened
2:51
edit on Thu Sep 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My friend of four years died in that attack.
How dare you say such hateful things.

massively.joystiq.com...
edit on 13-9-2012 by Maldavius because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by Maldavius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

That's quite a laundry list of achievements. You won't mind if I'm bit incredulous as to the extent of your education and qualifications honestly. I'd be more inclined to consider your point of view if you could provide the name of your Big 10 School. You don't have to, but if you did I'd publicly vouch for you.

Secondly, saying that you've been on almost every continent save Antarctica isn't as big as an achievement as you make it out to be. I too meet that qualification. That does NOT mean you have been in theater in the Middle East. You could have been to any number of countries in Asia to meet that very broad claim.

Third, if you condemn our Ambassador for his actions (and the actions of our government), you might as well condemn the French during the American Revolution as well. For that matter, I think you should just hand over your freedoms because obviously, from your point of view the colonists and the French were basically para-military plants meddling in the affairs of the British Empire. At least, that is how you are portraying the Ambassador and his actions.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by Nite_wing
If you feel that an American ambassador and his staff got what they deserved, then you are not fellow American of mine so don't pretend to be.

Pretend? You are all pretenders... with your allegiance to most terrorizing nation in the history of the world. Don't worry I wont loose any sleep not being one.

We have also liberated more people in the world than any other nation.
We have spent more money trying not to injure civilians than any other nation. (Smart bombs.) Every attack is cleared by those knowledgeabe in International Law before it occurs. Can you say the same for the idiots who blow themselves up in civilian areas killing innocent women and children? What the hell is that supposed to accomplish?

We give more money to undeserving nations than anyone else. Chances are, your country is getting money from us.

Those cowardly terrorists hide among civilians and then cry when civilians are killed. That is a setup against their own people. They shoot from civilian homes and fire mortars from backyards. They hide in the homes and bedrooms of kids and then complain when they are attacked.

Those attacking our embassies should have been shot by their own government. But they won't because they want power. Even the most insignificant male in the middle east wants power over their own family. Women are not treated as anything other than chattel. People who kill their own family members for the sake of honor are still living in the stone age. And supposedly that is what we are fighting for...a bunch of stone age knuckle dragging bullies who pick on and kill the defenseless for personal satisfaction in the name of Allah. A just an merciful God. If that is so, when they die, they will get their reward...facing 72 Virginians.

[Omitted for the sake of decorum]

With your response, I can see your original post was a lie saying you were American citizen. Chances are, you are able to sleep peacefully because American soldiers died to give you that security at one time or another.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Nite_wing because: Who really cares?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothCriminal22
I am celebrating anyone's death but I keep reading posts about people that are 'disgusted' with the celebration of someone's death.

If I remember correctly, those same people were the one's celebrating OBL's death...

Really?

Not me I don't do such things.

Don't lump me in that category.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join