It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEEKING MEMBER INPUT: ATS.5/3 - give your feedback -- UPDATES May 28, 2013

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If you need to add a sidebar for SEO (search engine optimization) purposes, then do what you have to do. I personally don't like the information overload with all the headlines that appear to the right of the sidebar. I know you guys have spent a lot of time on this new content management system, but whatever. I just joined and I think the layout is fine.

Back to SEO... I think the site could be better with it's silos / categories. The reason "ezinearticles.com" dominates the article niche is because they categorize their site better than all the other article sites (and ATS). How so? Well, look at my thread titled "how to see spirits." It's all about (keyword) "orbs," however there is no section on your site related to "orbs." You need all content on ATS related to "orbs" to be in it's own silo / category / folder. To be more specific, whatever the highest concentrated word is in an article, that is the articles main keyword and needs to be categorized appropriately. You could probably code this into your next content management system if you wanted to so new threads are moved automatically (or with a mods confirmation) to the proper silo.

Hope that helps, a little off topic I know, so what.

Peace.
edit on 1-10-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I do not like it.. I ONLY read the RESENT POST.. nothing else.. I do not like all the BIG chit in the middle of the page.. with titles ect.. I only want a line by line of what people JUST SAID..

But I am sure you do not care what I think anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yes, I like the idea even though I don't experience the app I still have appreciation for those who can. I have IE8. Also I'm with the other member who likes the firehose. Especially when trying not to make duplicate posts, it and the search does help somewhat. All in all good ideas.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

Clearly, you haven't seen all the posts in this thread, including the one that talks about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WOW I really LOVE the new old look!! I can't even give any additional input, I think it looks great just as it is. I'm sure your going to want to refine it but clearly your on the right track! Great job guys and gals or whomever the powers that be. You just keep making this place better and better...THANKS!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord
Another amazing breakthrough! It looks great, no complains from me, any change is good change in my eyes.

People just need to relax and accept change. We live in the modern days where things change in a blink of an eye. In the computer technological business this kind of things are always expected, the sooner the better sometimes!

Can't wait for the final product!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Good...but a few suggestions:

1. Customizable Left-hand sidebar- Make the frame width and size of font/icon selectable. Also...include a link directly to your thread and post replies right up on top.

2. Fix the colors- The old color scheme looked just fine. I personally like a little deeper gray and not quite so pastel colored on the text.

3. Bring back the boxed effect around the text on the homepage.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

YIPEEKIYAY looks great and easy to navigate. I know it is still a work in progress but it is very user friendly and still gives us sufficient choices to go to without feeling cramped and limited.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I kinda missed this format without even realizing it....

Just my opinion......

I also realize what my opinion is worth......so There!.

Even still....me likes!

edit on 2-10-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For what it is worth,

Right at the moment 'Home' looks totally epic.

New Topics looks awesome, but there is just something about it that is not as immersive, somehow, as the present New Topics format.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
it will take some getting used to but it looks clean

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I like this a lot, it's a hell of a lot smoother.

This has my vote.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I like it. It seems streamlined.

I'd like to see it customized to the user if possible.
A tab on the side that goes to threads being watched, favorite forums etc...
Also I would really like the messages and replies to be under "My ats" not tools.

Also where would those be from this page?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

wheres the firehose!!!!

its already hard to find being burried at the bottom of the home page but this new layout doesnt have it at all,

i think it is a very important feature with no real reason why it would be eliminated, at least, no honest reason......

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I REALLY LIKE IT A LOT!!!

Skeptic, would it be possible to implement a "bookmark Post" system in there? I really miss this tool and It would make life a lot easier.

Congratulations, very neat UI.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

looks awesome! love the new avatar, the Dude abides!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

SEPTEMBER, 30 UPDATE

We have a rather radical departure from previous ATS UI structure for our members to review.

It looks like this...

A persistent left-side menu column that remains fixed throughout all pages and scrolling.

You can review a functioning page prototype here:
Left-Side ATS Menu
(it's not yet designed to be fully responsive across all screens)
This menu system also incorporates some subtle feedback (the little hash marks) as to which menu options automatically load new content into the current page.

The page should be also be blindingly fast. The menu has images, but there are no graphics (and it's not an icon font).

I really (no really) like this from a UI standpoint. All current research into user interactions with cross-screen information (same site on phones, tablets, desktops) is pointing toward sidebar menu systems, and away from top-of-page menus. Please spend some time playing with the available pages, and let me know if this radical change is something that will benefit our users.

Thanks.

I think it is super-great. You really see all top topics easily. I like it alot.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

Agreed it does need a search function on the left...it seems you guys have it already coded too, so why not Beta it and see how it works out? Then make any useful changes from there.

I appreciate that you guys at ATS; decided to ask the communities thoughts...instead of just implementing.

edit on 2-10-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp grammar

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
well id say it's fine with or without the bubble wrap. but i hit the live feed new topics page anyway. the home page is a real waste of time LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So, is this sidebar replacing the Ribbon at the bottom of the page? I know when there was a problem with the "Current Topics" being accessed from the Ribbon being messed up, SO, you personally said you never use the Ribbon and it took you awhile to figure out what everyone was talking about.

Will the Ribbon at the bottom be gone? I really love this feature to access Current Topics. I keep topics open in my browser and when I close it and reopen it, it just opens those topics back up again. Never use the main page, don't care what it looks like. I don't even use MyATS. Will the Ribbon be staying or going and will it be easier to Log In to the site? Adding an option to log in/out to the Ribbon or the sidebar would be great, but you only have one link on each page to sign in which is annoying because I have to scroll up to the top to sign in, then find my place in the thread I had left off at again.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join