It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEEKING MEMBER INPUT: ATS.5/3 - give your feedback -- UPDATES May 28, 2013

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It's your site man, we just use it to Deny Ignorance......... CHANGE sort of like an avalanche coming down the mountain, go with the flow or get buried.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think it's fine. Change is good.
However, I have a an issue/question:

I ONLY use MyATS, New Topics and Recent Posts to navigate. I don't EVER use the Home page, Forums page, Hot Topics or Top Topics. So, the MyATS function is critical for me.
I notice that once I'm in a thread, the "old menu" (including MyATS) is across the top of the page. Will that stay the same? Or is it going to change to the left-menu format as well?

Otherwise, I like it just fine.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I like it.... love changing things up from time to time.

You guys have my support!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
hello all,

it looks fine, easy on the eyes too..go with it.

good job

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Love it Love it Love it!!! It IS blindingly fast and I look forward to it's debut! Thanks for asking.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i mostly use the real time new topics page and like how you can see it all in one shot. this has too much info i think. the headline usually is all i need to draw me to a thread. also, i dont like the idea of having to scroll through the page to keep up the page refresh.

the side bar is cool though. i would like to have a way to add my favorite forums to that side bar sort of like the myATS page. i dont want to have to go through a couple of pages to get where i want like in the past.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think it's fine. Change is good.
However, I have a an issue/question:

I ONLY use MyATS, New Topics and Recent Posts to navigate. I don't EVER use the Home page, Forums page, Hot Topics or Top Topics. So, the MyATS function is critical for me.
I notice that once I'm in a thread, the "old menu" (including MyATS) is across the top of the page. Will that stay the same? Or is it going to change to the left-menu format as well?

Otherwise, I like it just fine.

You and I do and thought the exact same thing.

Those are really most important to me.

Also, I'm not a big fan of navigation systems that take up a huge amount of real estate.

On mobile devices, a thumb flick returns you to the top of a page, but it seems under this new approach I'm going to have to work that thumb a lot to not just go up and down, but left and right too. That worries me-- particularly when zoomed in on text.

Will this approach be taken on thread pages?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

loving the new topic firehose.
and the "preview" of the thread is a great help

cant wait for the change over.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That sidebar is wonderful, and the way that all the different threads literally move out from a single point is a great visual experience and was a pleasant surprise. It looks cool on a desktop, it will look super suhweet on a tablet. Something I especially like is that the sidebar has various categories of conspiracy and mysterious topics, which is a feature I would like to exist like yesterday on the live version of the site. The page is much more balanced than the previous preview, which is great. No complaints at all, it's excellent!

I also think that it's worth nothing that the categories thing is a really great feature, I actually found a couple of threads on the test page that piqued my interest that I totally missed last night, so it already makes it easier to find threads of interest, just as a preview.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Loving the new look.

One point though. Page is a bit too busy. Shortening text segments will render them useless so I would go with titles only. I quite enjoy exploring a topic and being surprised by the content. Plus it would allow for other info i.e. posters name, star/flag count, reply count. Thats what I would be looking for. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I like it looks more user friendly to me. I like how you guys are always trying to make the ATS experience better. Keep up the good work, and thanks for asking.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Working pretty good, very snappy/responsive...
However, my eye's are aching for something to 'latch' onto, I just feel the thread headings being in the same colour (albeit larger) text as the content is making it a challenge.
Perhaps a white outline around the headline font text? Or brighter? etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Will there still be a "myATS" button (or a similar analogous feature)?

The new layout is fine, but as others have said, I'm a bit concerned that I don't see a myATS button on the left menu bar. I can't tell from your example UI if it will still include a "myATS" (or similar) feature.

I do still sometimes explore ATS by going through the forum pages and/or the home page, but mainly the first thing I do when I log into ATS is use the myATS feature. That way I can (at a glance) keep track of the threads I responded to, and can see the new threads in forums that I am interested in.

edit on 10/1/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I like the sidebar. I still, however, do not like the Metro layout. I was critical of it when it was first introduced, but I have to say this update is a step in the right direction. The sidebar breaks up the monotony of just seeing the "tiles". Something that still bothers me about the Metro layout is that the colors are too dark and drab, everything kind of blends together. I much prefer the color scheme of the forum itself, and I think if they matched it would help everything blend together better. The greens and blues are much easier to see than tan and gray, too. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
From the revisions I've seen, I like it. I see the general idea that me and some other members have suggested appears to have ben put into play - whether on our account or the intitiative of ATS-centralized PTB, I don't know, but it doesn't matter. It looks wonderful.

Now, the side-bar...it's an interesting idea, and I like the simplicity of it, except for one thing: WHERE'S THE MYATS BUTTON?!?!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that little option had a rather significant role...can anyone remember...?
Forgive me if I'm behind the prospective updates, but I haven't been back to this thread for a while. Is there another revision that includes the side-bar and MyATS link?

edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
nice side menu So liking it a lot,

uber fast., responsive and smooth from my firefox

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Alot better.

One the downsides with the current one is that you have scroll and read each forum to make sure you don't miss the ones you are looking for when you sometimes mix up their category. Alot better to navigate with the new look.

Now, allow us to upload a pic to change the general background and we will really me. Well, me at least.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
My eyes work way too fast and my brain is my idiot nemesis, grasping on to seemingly unimportant things like this...

I understand the need for dynamic page results, but the current trend I see across sites is not visually pleasing. At least this doesn't bounce the content around the screen building FB, Twitter, and the other usual suspects like some other sites I see.

I guess I'll need to learn to close my eyes for a second.

Connection speed for reference.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Am I the only one here having trouble on the iPhone?
The sidebar doesn't move out of the way and it takes up 1.5 inches of my 2 inch screen

If the sidebar will move out of the way - good
If it won't -unusable on the iPhone.

I do like it for a bigger screen

Maybe it just isn't fully functional yet....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Am I the only one here having trouble on the iPhone?

No. Since the original post mentioned it's not yet responsive for smaller screens, all smart phones will be having trouble with the menu.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join