It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEEKING MEMBER INPUT: ATS.5/3 - give your feedback -- UPDATES May 28, 2013

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Very nice!!!
Definitely need the "myATS" option to check our messages and personalized areas, otherwise, it really is an awesome job!

A bit of "nostalgia" mixed with "new and improved"!

My left-brain says WOOOOOT WOOOOT and my right-brain chimes in

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I welcome it, my job being in the security department at 17hr shifts and being on a pay as
you go plug in stick, fighting to get a signal had me face palming before...

This loads in superfast it's a thumbs up for me personally

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Would it be possible to have a customisable New Topics section that allows users to show or hide topics from specific forums?

Also would it be possible to include a New Picks column (currently in New Topics) in the reformed Top Topics section? Or perhaps something for 'most flagged, past 12 hours' and 'most flagged, past 24 hours'?
edit on 1/10/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I am kind of on the fence about it. But mostly because I am usually resistant to change...I can't really say anything I don't like about it.Just a matter of me getting used to it really.

And actually,I admit,as I look at it more, I am liking it more.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I like it, can't wait to see it.

The left side menu is much more friendly to widescreen monitors.

Can't wait for rollout!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

don't like the way the sections "unfold" from the left... seems very cheesy, but the rest is a lot more clear and uncluttered... a plus...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The fact that you even ask for our feedback is a big
from me

ATS rocks !!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
The fact that you even ask for our feedback is a big
from me

ATS rocks !!

'Yes, it's the best site on the internet and let the whole damn world hear it!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Aside from important missing tabs such as "MyATS" "Tools" "Chat" and "Search" "Log in/Log out" I find it fast and awesome looking.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I like this proposed format. It is nice to be able to pick a class of topics and see the newest and/or most read/flagged/starred thread within a category. I also like how the titles are all given the same format; the current/recent change looks like a newspaper page and is more difficult to read through the thread titles, and consequently I don't care for it; this new proposed one is better.

The one thing I wonder about is the side bar. Why not just have these at the top of the page as a series of tabs; that way you could then have a third column of topics.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I like it but i think it needs to be a little more visual instead of just walls of text. The direction is a good one though

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I can't edit my post to change what I said. So scrap that.

It would be nice if you could up this editing time frame to 8 hours. Add another hour to it at least please, it feels controlling.

I'm trying out the new topics page and changing my mind now. I do like the different categories being different colours, I just didn't, don't like the peach colour on first glance I guess. I'm just allergic to that shade haha. Tangerine would be better. The aqua and the other blue is nice. I didn't check what colour metaphysics was, it should be lavender since its the meditation themes.

I think the forum headings should stand out more in proportion to the thread title. Like aliens and ufos or fragile earth isn't very easy to read or notice. I can see why some said they want the graphics or icons back. I don't really need all that stuff on this current layout but on this new one I think the forum type needs some prominence.

I like being able to see that page, whatever it is that lists all the threads in one forum so I can see what else might have been posted in fragile earth that isn't being flagged and being able to choose last reply etc. Will this be left in place? Sometimes the flagging is annoying because it hides good threads. It also makes some people just make threads to get flags and stars. I wouldn't miss flagging if it was gone.

The friend and foe rival thing should say this under their avatar in the thread or on their profile that you rivalled them or they are your friend.

There is a bit of a displaying error happening when I zoom out on my iPad. On the new topics page when I zoom out, it overlaps the nav side black part and blocks it. Not that it matters as one can pinch it back to normal quickly enough.

I like the ribbon at bottom of page and hope it will remain.
No idea what my ats is, never used it. I use the ribbon.

One thing I would like is when a member sends a pm I could click on their name and go to their profile. It isn't clickable . When I was having trouble replying PMs ( iPad issue in safari) I could only start a new message to do a reply and have to go around looking for one of their threads or posts to click on their avatar to send pm. I couldn't find send pm on their profile either. If its there I can't find it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I like it. Two thumbs up.

Some thread pages can get very long. Depending on what I am doing, many times I find myself having to scroll through a huge page to get back to the top.

I want it. When can I have it?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

It looks awesome! The only thing I'd add that I didn't see is a log in option in the left pane. Does it plan to be as fast loading as the prototype is? If so I LOVE it!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Go with it. I poked around a bit and if feels more user friendly to me. I'm sure that I'll find something that I don't understand at some point.

Overall though, I had a good test drive. I like it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

SEPTEMBER, 30 UPDATE

We have a rather radical departure from previous ATS UI structure for our members to review.

It looks like this...

A persistent left-side menu column that remains fixed throughout all pages and scrolling.

You can review a functioning page prototype here:
Left-Side ATS Menu
(it's not yet designed to be fully responsive across all screens)
This menu system also incorporates some subtle feedback (the little hash marks) as to which menu options automatically load new content into the current page.

The page should be also be blindingly fast. The menu has images, but there are no graphics (and it's not an icon font).

I really (no really) like this from a UI standpoint. All current research into user interactions with cross-screen information (same site on phones, tablets, desktops) is pointing toward sidebar menu systems, and away from top-of-page menus. Please spend some time playing with the available pages, and let me know if this radical change is something that will benefit our users.

Thanks.

YES!

I like it a lot.

It should have a button on the left menu that says "customize" and obviously you'd be able to customize most of the left side ATS menu that way. Id personally like ATS uploads, other topics, MyATS, Search...

as it stands now I don't even use the Home page. This other one looks much better. And it has all the info I want on it. News, and top topics.. Those are really the two top pieces of content this site has. And then mix that with a MUCH easier way for me to get into each seperate forum area (aliens, gray area, skunk works etc) it's perfect to me. I like how it looks and I like the feel of it. Seems like it gives me the level of control I would like to have, and better access to more info.

I love it.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
As long as there will still be a dedicated "My ATS" option for viewing updates to topics we've posted in, seeing messages, etc. I think it'll be great. Without that though, it will be extremely uncomfortable and confusing for me personally.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's a Thumbs-Up from Boy In A Dress... although making the
background pink, wouldn't be a bad idea!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Woaw' that looks a bit busy but I like it. Everything is right there, only one click away... Nevertheless I trust the "recent post" will not be affected by change. I find the "recent post" layout just perfect.
About this new "home" layout... great job, I can't wait!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I like it the way it is.

I don't like the new look.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join