It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Republican Or Democrat doesn't matter The Real America Is Doomed !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Read this last night on cnbc.com. This morning the article was no longer on the front page. I had to track it down on a search engine. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American it does not matter. The working American is screwed and it will only get worse.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 9/12/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All Caps Title.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here's the thing...until a majority of Americans ( like 95%) wake up and realize that they're being used as pawns, things politically will always be mess. Until the people realize that we're the only ones who can do anything about it, it will always be a mess. The people, yes, the people created this monster.
Take for instance, the State of Illinois...why did we not vote Brady in instead of Quinn? Quinn has destroyed this state from the word go. Every single day, it gets worse and farther in debt. Until the people in the State of Illinois wake up (Chicago...eh hem) this state will forever be in a world of you know what.
It's people who own the government, but apparently 95% of them were absent on the day they taught government.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
For those who don't have time to read the link. It shows how the middle class in America is disappearing only to rise in the same countries our jobs were outsourced to.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Preach Brother!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

If we entirely give up on voting then we've willing surrendered the last power to bring change and positive outcome entirely. I agree the system has major problems....but apathy is the largest part of what caused the situation to reach this point.

Doubling down on what caused this, through bitterness and cynicism instead of apathy just insures we truly have no chance to improve it and 'they' have won.

Do we want to simply hand them a total and complete victory without so much as a fight? It seems to me that staying home on Primary, Caucus or General Election day is doing precisely that.....where as, if our pathetic 40-50% voting rates were 70-80%, whatever the population did focus on would be almost impossible to cheat or fraud. it's a numbers game in the end...and giving up OUR numbers gives up the game by default.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

In short, America's middle class is being gutted by a variety of complex and interrelated factors, and this economic pain is increasingly evident to those at the center of it.

We have American companies that are not loyal to the people and make huge profits by selling garbage back to us from outsourcing jobs to other countries and who also in turn pay huge amounts of money to put maggots in office. Those maggots in office do not look out for the people but rather help protect their leash holders interests and those maggots Rob Peter to pay Paul [National Debt] as usual, the only difference this time around is that that Debt is so large and Peter hasn't even been born yet.

With those maggots spending future tax dollars [National Debt] before Peter can even take his first crap he'll owe the Government something like over 35,000+

edit on 12-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No one really wants to be the leader the nation needs. If someone did step up and start making changes for the better. They would just be paint as the villain by MSM and any corporation that had anything to loose and that would be on the lesser end of things.
Not saying someone shouldn’t step up, just saying it would be a very hard, unforgiving road and possibly deadly to any friends or family of anyone that did.

edit on 12-9-2012 by ObjectZero because: forgot an "s"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There are other alternatives than Republicans and Democrats if they don't suit you.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The problem is WE are to blame.

We have allowed this to happen by not keeping the politicians in check.
We watch our tv and let the opinion mills that pass themselves off as real journalism and news.
We have lost our testicular fortitude to question those in power and hold them accountable.
We watch as they slowly teach our children that resistance is futile in our schools, that are nothing more than idiot factories. Where only the basics are covered and critical thinking is not only frowned upon but punished.

Those of us that are aware of what is going on are called conspiracy theorist, tinfoil hat wearers and nut jobs.
The idiots both in the Occupy and Tea party movements still think a protest will get their way and they can elect paid off pawns that campaign on their views only to find out that it was all an act to get them in to office.

Einstein defines insanity as doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome.

A few weeks ago I attended a meeting with some preppers that were also involved with the tea party movement.
They were talking about how Romney was going to be better than Obama and things would get better.

I wanted to vomit. I couldn't resist so I asked the 62 year old business owner if he had ever voted before? He said, "of course I have". I then asked him to answer my next question with just a yes or no. Has voting for the person you supported and having them win an election made your life better? He wouldn't give me a yes or no answer because he knew damn well it was no.

To vote is not enough. They have to be held accountable when they mess up. Unlike you or I since they make the laws they are above the law. It is that way from the federal government right down to the local government.

The fact is we are all slaves, and we are all in denial. Watch the videos in my signature and wake up.

Get armed with knowledge and educate others. We don't need 90% to wake up we only need about 30%. A good 50% of the people will just go with the flow while the other 20% want to protect those in power for their own greed.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Yeah I know. But the system is set against anyone who really wants to help our country. You need over a million dollars just to run in a state election. My point is that - all this "Republicans this and Democrats that "stuff has to stop. Both parties sold us out. And all we do is fight among ourselves while they get fatter.
edit on 12-9-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

There are other alternatives than Republicans and Democrats if they don't suit you.

You should tell the MSM that.... because the Sheep only know its one or the other.

No 3rd party will ever win the presidency. The 2 choices that the electoral college has are related by blood. Its all a sham, a game, a delusion. You can't vote for the POTUS
Wake up.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's an up hill battle with roller skates on.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Doubling down on what caused this, through bitterness and cynicism instead of apathy just insures we truly have no chance to improve it and 'they' have won.

Yes "they" have WON and it's the conservative authority worshiping party that threw in the towel even before the fight started by embracing the military industrial complex and wall street instead of the people.

We are now in a fascist corporate controlled country where money talks and BS walks. Deregulation of the banks and energy companies fostered by the GOP sold America out to the corporatist. If you think voting will make any difference; I've got a bridge to sell you!! Probably a reference you are to young to comprehend.

Third party.........don't make me laugh; the corruption is so pervasive that even Ron P. or Gary Johnson would be bending over for the neocons before they were ever sworn in. Just like the Tea Party did.

If you think PNAC is a thing of the past....did I mention my bridge?

Here is the American "boss"....

home.earthlink.net...
edit on 12-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well it would matter if that so called Republican was Ron Paul but as we know, hes not a politician, hes a Statesman.

And he's been screaming about it for decades.

edit on 12-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Now there's the spirit !
2nd line

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well, I'll tell ya what..... Voting may or may not do much. Local counts may or may not be rigged...and I don't believe they are, actually. This year had me participating directly and as a part of the system you condemn outright.

NOT voting...won't allow for even the mere chance there is still life and effective change left in the system. It's admitting and accepting defeat as a state of affairs you'll do nothing to change or even try to change. Unless you are planning to take up arms........in which case, please be far from me.

Voting takes all of an hour..maybe even 2 if you're in a major city with bad poll conditions. In my little corner of paradise, it takes all of 5 minutes, not counting the drive of a whole 5 blocks. I couldn't stay home and look myself in the mirror the next time a complaint about the system formed in my thoughts.

I'm glad others can gleefully withdraw all direct and active efforts to bring change and still shave in the mirror. I can't. Different outlooks for different people, to be sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by olaru12

Well, I'll tell ya what..... Voting may or may not do much. Local counts may or may not be rigged...and I don't believe they are, actually. This year had me participating directly and as a part of the system you condemn outright.

NOT voting...won't allow for even the mere chance there is still life and effective change left in the system. It's admitting and accepting defeat as a state of affairs you'll do nothing to change or even try to change. Unless you are planning to take up arms........in which case, please be far from me.

Voting takes all of an hour..maybe even 2 if you're in a major city with bad poll conditions. In my little corner of paradise, it takes all of 5 minutes, not counting the drive of a whole 5 blocks. I couldn't stay home and look myself in the mirror the next time a complaint about the system formed in my thoughts.

I'm glad others can gleefully withdraw all direct and active efforts to bring change and still shave in the mirror. I can't. Different outlooks for different people, to be sure.

Keep voting and telling yourself it does something. Then, after you vote, you can just go back to ignoring all the corruption and keep telling yourself it's going to get better.

Let me know how that works out.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Actually, I am going to do a whole lot more than just vote. There is no point in even starting until after this election is over, so I'm not going to. However, starting sometime in December or January, I am going to be putting as much heart and soul into the move to see this system change in 2016 as I've ever put into anything in my life. I absolutely know, by talking to them, I'm not alone and I'm not the only one who came out of the Ron Paul disaster with the attitude of "NEVER AGAIN!". It's going to be different in 2016 and it's going to be different by numbers.

It won't come with guns, threats, intimidation or any other ugly method like that. It will come by numbers. Sheer numbers. Voting WOULD HAVE WORKED this time....had the numbers been there and the Caucus system not done what it's always done by intimidating the average voter into staying out of such "Party Business".

Well, we now face a choice between two nightmares and one only slightly better than the other. One only slightly more likely to see us get to 2016 intact. We face this nightmare, not simply because the deck was stacked against Dr. Paul but because the large numbers who came to show their support at an exciting and fun rally couldn't, wouldn't or didn't think they needed to be 'bothered' with showing up at the only place it MATTERED. The Rally was for Rah Rah nonsense and to make Paul feel good. The CAUCUS and PRIMARY was to make him President.

We got the feel good part down 100% cold. We, as a nation are still too confused or ignorant by design of TPTB of how our own system functions to meaningfully participate in the REAL side. Well... with some luck and 4 coming years of hard work, it's going to be different. It's going to be very different....and my taking the time to vote is only doing my civic duty. The passion and mission in life starts the day after America decides which nightmare is more tolerable.

With any luck, this will be the last nightmare we have to endure as a nation. Any other path is giving up without a fight...and I don't personally know how.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
Yeah I know. But the system is set against anyone who really wants to help our country.

No it isn't. You can do it for free with the help of social media. People even manage to get the whole country to watch even if the content is silly.
If "silly" is the key. Then make a silly video explaining why people shouldn't vote for the dominant parties, and then tell them about yours.

If it doesn't work, it means only one of two things:
1. You're not doing a good enough job. Thus democracy has spoken.
2. People are not interested in any other party. Thus democracy has spoken.

There is no need to blame the government. It is your job to use democracy, instead of acting as if under a dictatorship. In fact, not using your democratic rights, you will end up there.
Less whining, more acting.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
You should tell the MSM that.... because the Sheep only know its one or the other.

No I shouldn't.

You can do it for free with the help of social media. People even manage to get the whole country to watch even if the content is silly.
If "silly" is the key. Then make a silly video explaining why people shouldn't vote for the dominant parties, and then tell them about yours.

If it doesn't work, it means only one of two things:
1. You're not doing a good enough job. Thus democracy has spoken.
2. People are not interested in any other party. Thus democracy has spoken.

There is no need to blame the government. It is your job to use democracy, instead of acting as if under a dictatorship. In fact, not using your democratic rights, you will end up there.
Less whining, more acting.

No 3rd party will ever win the presidency.

Yes they will, if you vote for them.

The 2 choices that the electoral college has are related by blood. Its all a sham, a game, a delusion. You can't vote for the POTUS
Wake up.

You vote for the POTUS every 4 years.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join