It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV cameras being used in school toilets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I really don't think they should have cameras in the changing rooms, or junior schools. That's extreme and not needed IMO.

As for high schools I can understand that. It was the one unmonitored place in my school so thats where a lot of trouble went on. Kids were constantly vandalizing the place too and some.....animals were even smearing feces across the wall. Gets to the point where you NEED a deterrent. I mean they have cubicles anyway, and if the camera is say...facing the room but the urinal is just out of view that's not so bad. I'd hate to have someone watching me pee though.

Don't get me wrong this is very creepy and not something I would ever like to endorse but some kids in high school really ruin it for everyone else. Sex, drugs, vandalism....everything went on in those toilets.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I recently returned from my first trip to England and the CCTV got to me more than I thought it would. Every dark corner of the city smelled like piss and I'm sure the reason why is that is the only where people can pee unwatched.
It was disturbing not being able to scratch an itch without someone watching.
Cameras in bathrooms are flat out unacceptable. If I ever see one, no matter the country or place, I will be destroying it. You all should as well.
We did not evolve under cameras.
edit on 12-9-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Safe from being sucked into the ministry of magic?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There was a camera even in my high school toilet (around 10 years ago) we had a huge problem with graffiti etc at the time, one kid even wrote a teachers name on the wall with "poop"

I remember my friend breaking the camera while taking a piss and getting in trouble for it haha.

P.S I went to a boys school, bad idea, boys act like wild animals when there are no girls around to be embarrassed in front of lol.
edit on 13-9-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I highly doubt schools are doing a Chuck Berry.
They will just be keeping an eye on bullying, vandalism and substance abuse.

The toilets were always flooded on purpose every day when I was at school and contained at least one skiving kid during lesson, or at break a load of giggling marker pen sniffers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join