It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Sensation: Man loves his sick cat - builds him a Castle!

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Garnishing almost 200,000 hits since he uploaded this on the weekend, Billy Browne has taken the liberty of building his beloved pet Rufus a Cardboard Castle as a way of expressing his love for his best mate whom was recovering from an ear infection.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

From his Introduction on YT............

A present for my cat 'Rufus'. He began to resent me due to painful ear drops to fix an infection. I would return from work and he would run from me! Now the ears are better I wanted to do something to show my gratitude for his putting up with my torture. Rufus loves boxes as all cats do so this is what I made for him. The music is from my brother Ollie's band, 'Parallel Lions', I hope you don't mind me using it bro. Enjoy. (here is a link to the music parallellions.bandcamp.com)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
slap a few cheeseburgers around the place and it would of really hit the internets button

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This cats got a for real honeycomb hideout.

We all know who the real master of that house is.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i have to build one for my cat!
that actually made for a real good video s&f and a like on youtube

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I love it!I don't have enough room in my place to make one that big,but I am going to make one for my Sabrina.Thanks for the idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Cool video, made me smile.
The cat castle could have been a little better though... Perhaps make a maze leading to a treasure of catnip. I bet that would occupy the cat's attention for quite a while

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Awwww! Thank you, Sublime, for the smile

See! Love thrives on heart felt gestures: not money and diamonds.

S&F for a fresh as Spring air thread.

J

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Awe cute!

My old cat Lily LOVED boxes. She would have loved a box castle, her favorite box was always the Yahtzee box. She was twice as big as the box so she just hung half in and out of it. It was funny but she loved boxes.

The kitty I have now doesn't seem too interested in boxes. She is more interested in my pillow!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

haha these two remind me of my Husband and his cat Pippin.
Pippin is so devoted to my husband, he frets when he goes away for work and as soon as i hear my husband come home everyday, all i have to say is "dads home" and Pippin runs to the door to meet him

Here is a short slideshow of them.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

The degree of "unconditional love" that our little mates display is overwhelming to me. I work at sea for 4 weeks at a time and when my wife even mentions "daddys coming home", Minnie (shih-tzu X) gets all flustered and runs to my side of the bed and jumps on my pillow in acknowledgement.

When I walk through the door she goes berserk and giving the wife or kids any hugs etc has to wait - but we all enjoy the display of love anyway.................as an aside, she is now acutely aware of the 4 week swing cycle and starts to do the pillow thing (without my wifes teasing encouragement) within 24hrs of me coming home - my wife loves it!!!

God bless our little mates

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why did i just smile.

Now on to the person out on the street. They could use a few of those "boxes" you know.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Thats great that he put the time, energy and resources into a cat. Awww.

Help some human beings maybe?

edit on 12-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I made one of these against my livingroom wall on a whim for our silly persian kitty earlier this year; she absolutely MUST explore any new thing, and then sit on it for a while, and of course loves boxes like he said.

She was a little hesitant to get into what I called her "luxury highrise", but once she was in, she loved it.

Large boxes and tape aren't the must fun building materials ever, but the goofiness of your cat's head popping out of the top like a furry jack-in-the-box is priceless.

Who knew I should have videotaped it lol

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sweet! Cats LOVE boxes. See, you don't have to spend a fortune to make a cat happy. Roll up a little ball of tinfoil and they go nuts.LOL I have seen where some cat owners chage their entire homes for their cats. They build holes in the walls and make ramps and shelves all over the place.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That was very sweet. I have known people who were much more partial to animals than people, some to the extent that they would rather help animals than people. I am sort of that way, mainly because to me animals seem helpless once they've been pets, and they cannot communicate when something is wrong like people can. But I am sure that there are many people out there who care more for animals than people. But you cannot get mad at anyone who is like that, considering a person cannot control who they do and do not care for, who they love, hate, etc...You can only swing your feelings to a certain extent.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
when the revolution comes, I am going to have the most crazy, dangerous weapon that will be unstoppable

I call it the cat claw

1. Create cat-sling that hangs off right arm with small opening for cat's head

2. Take one crazy ass tough as nails wild cat

3. Place crazy ass cat in arm sling

4. Present vicious psycho-cat towards unprepared foes

Version 2 will include a gentle 'cat launcher' release strap that will propel flying psychocat towards foes

Go my flying monkeys!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That vid actually bought a tear to my eye.
If I watch it again it may well decend into a full scale blart.

Cats just like my Greebo.

join