It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Energy is Unscientific and must never be taught in classrooms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

G doesn't exist, I keep hearing. So?
I thought there should be some proof before we write everyone off

The burden of proof lies with those making the claim...

Those claiming the existence of a god, a 'holy spirit' or indeed anything supernatural, have not met their burden of proof.

And until they do, no-one has any business believing or accepting those claims.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They also don't teach "there is no god" in a class room either. People aren't saying god definitely doesn't exist. For things to exist you need evidence to suggest they do.

Evidence for god: Not there

Evidence for holy spirit: Not there

Evidence for intelligent design: Not there

Evidence for dark energy: The speed of the universe spreading out is accelerating, which can be observed. We don't know what is causing this yet, but they are trying to find out. For now it is referred to as "dark" energy. Dark because scientists don't know the answer yet. Could dark energy = god? Maybe, but it definitely warrants further study.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

G doesn't exist, I keep hearing. So?
I thought there should be some proof before we write everyone off

The burden of proof lies with those making the claim...

Those claiming the existence of a god, a 'holy spirit' or indeed anything supernatural, have not met their burden of proof.

And until they do, no-one has any business believing or accepting those claims.

I understand and I agree. I can't prove the Father and will never try to speak beyond what he has cultivated in my soul. For now, me and some others will appear to be crazy, but it's a chance we're willing to take.
What do people have to lose by believing that there is a better day in store for the sons of light?
I have already staked my life on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I understand and I agree. I can't prove the Father and will never try to speak beyond what he has cultivated in my soul. For now, me and some others will appear to be crazy, but it's a chance we're willing to take.
What do people have to lose by believing that there is a better day in store for the sons of light?
I have already staked my life on it.

What if the Muslims are right?

You seemingly would have everything to lose, Allah and indeed most other gods don't take kindly to believers in their rivals....

What if you're wasting your precious time on this rock in the belief that there's better to come?

What if you live your one chance in this universe living a lie, a lie created and perpetuated by greedy men?

What if you could better use the time you had, doing the things you love and enjoy, making it a better place than you found it?
edit on 12-9-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Dark energy only explains the continued acceleration of the univers AFTER the big bang.

An alternative explanation to this observation would be that the Universe is a balloon and the Christian God (obviously no other) is blowing stuff inside it at an ever increasing rate. This might also explain why he doesn't have the time to actually do anything, like say feed starving children, cure diseases, or give us clean technologies. Oddly enough though, it's not mentioned in the Bible..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join