It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC, zoning and public right of ways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Quite awhile back I authored the following thread:

Local Public Right of Ways to be Controlled by the Federal Government

Basically, the thread was about how the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) was taking over control of local public easements also known as the "public right of way". I decided to check the status of the issue and sure enough, the courts gave the requested authority to the FCC. A copy of the decision is in the following link:

FindLaw - CITY OF ARLINGTON TEXAS v. FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

One can read the Texas Municipal Leagues response on their website. FIFTH CIRCUIT UPHOLDS FCC CELL TOWER ORDER

Now we come to the "conspiracy", why is it that nobody is talking about this. Many people on ATS read Alex Jones, Rense and others; but, how come they don't discuss this, heck Jones is in Texas, where is the outcry over thus. Another question is why would the federal government even want to control local right of ways. Some people will say I am making something out of nothing, Texas does not think so and I have been in Transportation for just short of 25 years.

Here is what people need to understand, public right of ways are yours, they are your right to travel and your local government is responsible for keeping them open for travel or returning the underlying property to the owner. This is not true for highways where the underlying land is usually taken through eminent domain and the state actually owns the property.

So what is the problem, well, if the federal government can require how we are to use local right of ways whether they buy them from the local governments or not, they will cease treating them as right of ways and will instead treat them as ownership and can then determine what you can and cannot do on them. That is why the Texas Municipal League referred to it as a zoning issue.

I doubt many will read this thread, understand it or even care; but, for those who do, please consider the possibilities and read the links.

new topics

join