It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama launches Medicare attack, bypassing unemployment news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Obama launches Medicare attack, bypassing unemployment news

With jobs being the main focus of American voters, and with all the reports being negative, it looks like the Obama Campaign is still trying their best to divert the attention away from the general economy failures.

I don't think it will work.

People have awakened from the Dream Nightmare !!

President Obama resumed his attack Sunday on the Romney-Ryan plan to save Medicare, this time referring to a study that he said shows skyrocketing costs for future recipients and further distancing himself from the dismal unemployment report released last week.

The attack marks the second straight day that the president has gone after the GOP plan, after the August unemployment report released Friday showed the U.S. unemployment rate dropped but only because more Americans quit their job search.

“Your costs would rise by the thousands and the insurance companies' profits would rise by the billions,” Obama told roughly 3,000 people Sunday at a rally at the Florida Institute of Technology, in Melbourne, Fla.

Strange........

Obama also said the plan by GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan would increase insurance profits by $16 billion to $20 billion and that he would not follow their plan to turn Medicare into a voucher system.

But Wait ...

Obama Moves To Copy GOP On Medicare

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How many threads on this topic do you need to start? With all the Obama/jobs/medicare threads you spit out in such a short period of time, it reeks of agenda.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

I just glanced at OPs post history and that seems to the case. Almost all Obama bashing. An obvious agenda.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Obama can say what he wants about medicare, but...... only one man has actually hurt it intentionally, and yes you guessed it, Barack Hussein Obama, who..... took 716,000,000,000 (716 Billion dollars) from it.

I know a woman who was just told by her dentist to go someplace else because he will no longer take medicare patients. Why you ask ? Because he won't get paid.

There you go.

This ball and chain goes where it belongs, on Obama. If I were him I wouldn't talk about it much, I would talk about hope and change.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Medicare has never offered dental insurance for regular dental procedures.

NEVER.

Source

The $716 billion is not a CUT but rather SAVINGS...and it is the SAME amount Paul Ryan boasted of in his own plan.

Source
Another Source

You all might actually do some good for your candidate if you were as interested in fact-checking as you are repeating spin-doctor rumors and allegations.

Besides that, the people that agree with you already agree for the same reasons you believe what you say to be fact and the people that know better because they have done their homework aren't going to be convinced.

Isn't that called 'preaching to the choir?'
A choir full of dead horses.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RottenBeauty

With no time left over for actual legitimate research.

Not to mention common sense rumination.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The most ironic part of all is that Romney just anounced he would be keeping parts of Obamacare. Creating the wiggle room he needs to, get this, not repeal it at all if he is elected. He is already talking about his new healthcare plan (likely same as the old).

I've been telling you guys he has no intention of actually repealing Obamacare.. did you listen. Nah of course not.

top topics

join