It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial law at the movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So, my bro and sis and I went to the dollar movie--the cheapest movie theater around us here in Tennessee. I've been going there all my life, growing up.

It's always been a generally free, nice place... Show up, play at the arcade, get your food, bring in whatever bags and whatnot you want, ect.

But on our last trip, I noticed a few things that have changed.

On every counter and wall, there are notices that state "We here at Karmike Cinema reserve the right to search every purse, bag, or container if we have reasonable cause to believe you possess a weapon. No weapons are permitted."

Also, there's an armed cop standing at the entrance to the back hallway where the entrances to the movie theater rooms are. I have never even seen a security guard here before. They have never had strict security at my movie theater--or even the other theaters in the area I've been to, the really stuffy, expensive ones.

It's the same thing as school shootings. They use the event to create a ripple effect, making an excuse to exorsize more strictness in the schools... and they're doing it to the theaters too.

Strange thing is, it was only a week or so after the Colorado shooting. I think next time I go see a movie, I'm gonna ask the officer exactly when he sealed the deal on his new job--before or after the Colorado shooting.

The clerk woman said the changes were because of the shooting. I didn't need her to tell me, though... it was obvious. The place is a lot more strict and uncomfortable now.

Tennessee is nowhere near Colorado. Our theater had nothing to do with it, and I am sure it's not the only one that's changed up.

What really strikes me about this is how soon it occurred after the Colorado shooting. I just find it weird.

They were pretty prepared.

Anyone else been to the movies lately...?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Nah just an overexcited owner. I have been to the movies 3 times in the last 2 weeks and the only thing I saw odd was a "No Weapons Allowed" sign on the door coming in. Although that didn't really surprise me much after Denver and all.

join