It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Attacking People in Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
An interesting case to say the least. One of the few documented cases of UFO's actually trying to harm people. Not counting abductions of course. Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Its the colares case

interesting indeed this one

on a sidenote i emailed this gevaerd guy to get more information but never got back a reply,it seems they have some % of disclosure down there which is weird considering the usa has some hush hush policy imposed on them.or most of these countries anyway
edit on 9-9-2012 by IMSAM because: to add more info

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I have heard of the case before. But I have never heard it really discussed in real detail. This is a pretty good doc, and it really is quite fascinating!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yeah it was pretty crazy of a case. Feel bad for the residents of that island where all the UFO's were terrorizing everybody with strange killing lasers.

My question is do you think it was a military op. or a extraterrestrial experiment on humans. And if so why would they actually aim to hurt the subjects and injure them with radiation type poisoning from the beams? Seems pretty evil to me.

It's interesting to me too that the UFO's were not the typical shape either but more like flying refrigerators that wold fly just above tree hight and hunt people in the surrounding woods and even shooting beams through peoples roofs to attack people in their beds. Very srtange and scary case.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Started the video just to see if I thought it would be worth the watch.... and it is. But I will have to finish watching later. My eyes are running together right now... need sleep.

Thanks for the video, OP. S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Good stuff, I'm watching it for the interviews and trying to ignore the narration and sinister overtones. Colonel Hollanda's death must have been a tragedy for his family and it won't be made better by TV shows suggesting dark murder. The events were published in newspapers at the time and written about by Brazilian, French and US researchers too.

Hollanda's testimony is problematic as what he said in 1997 isn't what he was reporting in 1977. They took photographs of UFOs and took reports and descriptions by locals of craft and human-like figures. They didn't report a first-hand encounter of a disc-shaped object passing overhead. Fascinating, perplexing and very bloody mysterious.

Bob Pratt's report and interview with Hollanda

Newspaper articles

Case files and plenty more

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Very interesting video, well worth a watch.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I see you didn't post your opinion about this case, so could you tell us what you think?

Now, a correction: the translation of the operation's name is not "saucer" ("pires", in Portuguese), it's "plate". Apparently, it was Hollanda himself that chose the name, because, according to him (erroneously), only in Brasil they call flying saucers "discos voadores", everybody else (supposedly) uses the word "plate".

One thing I never see referenced when people talk about this case: it was during a time when Brasil was under a military rule, at a time when there was starting a small change from the most cruel time (with many killings and disappearances of people against the regime) to a "softer" version of the regime, and at a time when Brasil was starting to move a little from a hard-line USA supporting role to a more internationally open approach, because of the need of getting oil for the Brazilian industry, with all the possibilities that brings.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Very interesting video, well worth a watch.

I second this although I don't really believe that this was a UFO.

Oh well, good OP, OP!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
so hollanda died and no one had the curiosity to check what kind of implant he had in his arm? in the interview it's clear that he has an object implanted

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I recall reading a rather detailed account of these incidents in one of Jacques Vallee's later books - I believe it was Confrontations. It also contains other examples of cases in which witnesses were injured in similar ways. Highly recommended. You can purchase a used copy on Amazon for $.04 (that's right; four cents) plus shipping.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
Its the colares case

interesting indeed this one

on a sidenote i emailed this gevaerd guy to get more information but never got back a reply,it seems they have some % of disclosure down there which is weird considering the usa has some hush hush policy imposed on them.or most of these countries anyway
edit on 9-9-2012 by IMSAM because: to add more info

A.J. Gevaerd is one of the top Ufologists in the world mate and it's thanks to him we have stuff like this out in the open

en.wikipedia.org...

Gevaerd has said that one of the reasons why ufologists do not let themselves be discouraged by lack of proof for their theories is due to the fact most of them believe in the existence of a government conspiracy to hide the truth from the people.[27] On 15 April 2004 Gevaerd's Brazilian Committee of Ufologists launched a campaign called "Freedom of Information Now!" with the goal of pressuring the government to release information on UFO sightings.[11]

And additionally:

In an August 2010 interview with Terra Magazine, Gevaerd commented on the Federal Government decree that the air force should send records of any UFO sightings to the National Archives, saying the decision was in response to the campaign by the Brazilian Committee of UFO enthusiasts for freedom of information. He noted that documents already released confirmed that UFOs had been sighted frequently, and said that the government had more than 12 tons of documents about these sightings.[35] Commenting on some initial documents released by the Air Force on 20 March 1996 sightings of UFOs in five cities in southern Brazil, he said "It's just the tip of the iceberg". The Air Force had said they would not release any secret documents. Brigadier Jose Carlos Pereira, in charge of UFO records, said "If an extraordinary phenomenon happen, obviously that will be kept under wraps".[36]

Brazil is a great place for the UFO subject and imo, I think something will happen there

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ah sorry everyone for no replies. I was working and all. I find this case interesting, as we don't really get as many confrontation cases in which the UFOs actually harm anyone. Granted, the two people who died were suspected of dying from a heart attack. But they were injured by the UFOs themselves. Now the case of the military intervening is interesting. But! I do not think it was a military op, as the military men were supposedly confronted by the "aliens," themselves. I think it is odd, however, that the researchers were only allowed to see a small percentage of the reports and pictures pertaining to the military investigation itself. Also, I am not a huge fan of strange coincidences. If there is some proof or evidence, which I am sure there would have been if anyone looked hard enough. You may be able to find something that indicates the captain (? right rank? His name and title has escaped my mind at the moment, the leader of the operation who spoke out) did not kill himself. That death is curious in itself, and could mean the captain knew more than he actually spoke of.

This case, and the subsequent military involvement by Brazil. Really gets me thinking. What files does our government have that it allows no one to see? And how much is the military actually involved in these things? And I GUARANTEE. People think UFOs are a threat. There is NO WAY the government deemed them not a threat and discontinued its UFO research programs. Officially they did. But I would bet my life there is a covert team or operation in America at this moment that deals with these kind of things. Makes me wonder...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

thanks

join