It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big creepy spider in my tree.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

HA then your worst fear has been realized because i encounter those little a-holes a few times a month, the camel spider is by far the most insane spider because never in my life have i had every single one i tried to take a picture of immediately charge, if you go up to it and look at it and you are not outside where it thinks it is hiding, they will go after you and it is the weirdest thing because they literally stretch their little arms out at you as their charging. NOT FUN, we got them here in Las Vegas thanks to our local AFB.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I once caught a little baby camel spider crawling across my barracks room floor.

It was way too small to have been brought back on the plane. There is a breeding momma somewhere around here.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Why do I keep clicking these threads? My skin is crawling wickedly right now. I hate spiders! I think ATS needs an off-topic "Spider Pics" forum with a disclaimer, "Are you sure you want this?" before opening the page.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
One more try...does this seem close?

www.arachnoboards.com...

edit on 9-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

If someone didn't mention it by now, these are ground dwellers. Not all spiders make HUGE webs not all spiders make webs at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Kill it! Kill It!!!!!!!!!! That literally gave me the chills. Now I'm going to have nightmares! Why oh why do I click on threads that have the word 'spider' in it?

These kinds of spiders do not bite. They do however get rid of a lot of harmful pests.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by aethertek

I was more tolerant of Spiders, to be fair, when I lived in California. There was only one spider there I had to worry about. The Black Widow..and contrary to it's downright evil reputation, it's not near as dangerous as it's made out to be. Oh, it's a nasty time, to be sure...but I found worse. It took the Brown Recluse for me to come to hate spiders so passionately......well, it's a near religion.
hate hate hate. eww eww eww! THEN.. Oh.. then I learned what a camel spider was....and someone is bound to bring a baby one back someday purely by accident..can you imagine ? NOW I know why people in the desert over there are just a little nuts. It's childhood with THOSE monsters running around.

eww.. No! Death to all spiders within my line of sight. (shivers)

Camel spiders are not dangerous spiders either! I bet they think we are ungodly ugly too!

Maybe if you try and wrestle on it could get you!.

Due to their bizarre appearance many people are startled by or even afraid of them. This fear was sufficient to drive a family from their home when one was discovered in a soldier's house in Colchester, England and caused the family to blame the solifugid for the death of their pet dog.[17] The greatest threat they pose to humans, however, is their defensive bite when handled.[citation needed] There is essentially no risk of death directly caused by the bite,[citation needed] but, due to the strong muscles of their chelicerae, they can produce a large, ragged wound that is prone to infection.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.camelspiders.net...
edit on 9-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Huntsman spider? Maybe displaced Brazilian wandering spider: Leg Span of 15 cm. I've seen these come into the US in boxes of bananas.
cdn.vyperlook.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am sorry but I have to say, your spider simply must LOOK that big to you from the ground!
here is the largest Web weaving spider in the world and yours is nothing like this Banana spider. Yours is surely a normal garden spider, we have a ton of them, I am in N. Ca. They are large
"
Not a tarantula, but certainly big enough! These are the world's largest web-building spiders and they build the largest and strongest webs, capable of catching small birds. The silk has been used by natives to construct fish nets.
"
www.bugman123.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whitewonder
Huntsman spider? Maybe displaced Brazilian wandering spider: Leg Span of 15 cm. I've seen these come into the US in boxes of bananas.
cdn.vyperlook.com...

His spider has a HUGE web!Webweaver.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I say live and let live. If the spider is not causing any issues then leave it be. The poor thing is helping by killing the flying insects around your apartment.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Don't worry people. I am not going to kill or otherwise disturb the spider.

As someone said earlier, they are awesome predators. And I enjoy watching them do their thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i believe that is a Shelob spider.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join