It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak hints the US would join Israel in Iran strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Defense Minister Ehud Barak appeared to hint on Thursday night that he believed the United States would join Israel in a strike on Iran to prevent the Islamic Republic from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Speaking at a pre-Rosh Hashana toast for activists of his Independence Party at the Tel Aviv Fairgrounds, Barak noted the meeting that he had earlier in the day with Adm. James Winnefeld, vice chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, and said they dealt with all the developments in the region, but especially Iran.

Source: www.jpost.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It's a shame that all anyone talks about is war. Even the useless, pathetic UN doesn't seem to care. No-one (except on ATS) even begins to broach the subject of peace and solutions that don't include blowing the snot out of some country.

Romney, Obama, in this aspect it doesn't matter. It looks like war.

Damn shame.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Barak said that thanks to American generosity, Israel had been able to improve its situation defensively, noting advances in the Iron Dome, Magic Wand and Arrow antimissile systems.

So people want to complain about American citizens getting food stamps or welfare, but it's ok for us to arm another nation with the assistance of our "generosity"?

This is complete bull!

My money should be reserved for my fellow Americans that find themselves in a tough spot.....not to arm a foreign nation so they can start a war with other country.

Can I get a refund?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It doesn't necessarily mean war, however it does look like it. They could be doing this to show Iran that the US would be right behind them - and destroy them.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Maybe someone should seize Americas and Israel nuclear stock piles .. while at it why not demand these countries shut down their entire nuclear projects as well ...

Why always the fighting with our governments perhaps it is time we the people of this world start to demand a referendum on such an issue ... My government does not speak for me I do not wish for war unless absolutely necessary like such cases as Hitler.....

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

If only we could put the genie back in the bottle a thousand times over, I'd be the first to help stuff the little bastard of Atomic technology back in. For all the misery and pain it's caused vs. the benefit it's brought, the world would be so much better without any of it.

Now I don't know about Israel and nukes. Personally, I think their developing them with South Africa on Carter's watch was just about the worst set of events to ever transpire for long term Middle East peace. It's left the whole world with a very awkward position in convincing other nations that it's not nice to make nuclear weapons. Ugh....

As for the U.S. though... Umm... Unless someone has a way to get the numerically superior nuclear forces of the Russian Federation and the far smaller but still mighty potent little stockpile of China's away from them both....America's won't be going anywhere either. The concept of deterrence may "not count" in the Middle East, but at the Adult Table, it's still the best, last chance for keeping global peace, IMO.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Barak said that thanks to American generosity, Israel had been able to improve its situation defensively, noting advances in the Iron Dome, Magic Wand and Arrow antimissile systems.

So people want to complain about American citizens getting food stamps or welfare, but it's ok for us to arm another nation with the assistance of our "generosity"?

This is complete bull!

My money should be reserved for my fellow Americans that find themselves in a tough spot.....not to arm a foreign nation so they can start a war with other country.

Can I get a refund?

I am totally with you on this. It's not that I hate, nor even dislike Israel; they are our allies. My issue is affordability and shared responsibility. You see, the USA can not afford such unidirectional partnerships, in which the USA plays the role of provider; and it is someone elses turn to take responsibility of protecting the Jewish nation (The USA certainly didn't create that fiasco unilaterally).

I hate to even publicly type this, but sometimes I feel like the USA plays the role of the rich, old single person and Israel plays the role of young, desperate gold-digger.
edit on 9-9-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow.

How stupid do they think we are? We all know they lied about WMD's to invade Iraq. Now they think they can do the same thing again!! Jeeez!

And the great irony? It is the US which is breaking the international convention on nuclear non proliferation. Article 4 of that treaty specifically states that countries have the right to use nuclear power and build nuclear power stations. It also states that those nations who already have such power should assist those trying to invest in it if they are "in a position to do so".

So for the US to bomb any country trying to create nuclear power for peaceful purposes, or to stop them getting the materials they need to do it is braking the treaty. References below

Article IV of the Treaty states:

1. Nothing in this Treaty shall be interpreted as affecting the inalienable right of all the Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in conformity with Articles I and II of this Treaty.

2. All the Parties to the Treaty undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of equipment, materials and scientific and technological information for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also co-operate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world.

Source : www.twf.org...

Google for it and you will find many other articles of the same ilk.

Iran has also permitted inspections of all it's sites as per it's responsibility under the same treaty.

It is the US and the UK and Israel who are breaking the treaty. And they are trying once again to hoodwink us into another illegal war on the blatant lie about WMD's. Yet again. How stupid do they thing we are?
edit on 9-9-2012 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Can I get a refund?
you, me and millions of others !!!
some of us have been demanding such since Viet Nam --> with interest would be nice

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

And what are Irans reasons for placing their bunkers deep underground and trying to cover up?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PetesPloota
reply to post by Shamatt

And what are Irans reasons for placing their bunkers deep underground and trying to cover up?

And what is your proof they have done this? Other than the same government that lied to us about WMD's in Iraq that we all now know did not exist?

ALSO!!!! (From another thread) “We, as before, see no signs that there is a military dimension to Iran’s nuclear program. No signs,”

Source
edit on 10-9-2012 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Here is just one example that Iran is trying to cover up some of it's activities and it is not from the US government but from the IAEA.
occupycorporatism.com...

Also I read your "source " link and and if you read the whole article you will see that it says :

Quote:
"The IAEA said last week that Iran had doubled the number of uranium enrichment centrifuges in an underground bunker in a few months, showing it continued to expand its nuclear program despite sanctions and the threat of an Israeli attack. The new machines are not yet operating, it added.

It also said that in the last decade, it had become “increasingly concerned about the possible existence in Iran of undisclosed nuclear-related activities involving military related organizations”.

Nuclear proliferation expert Mark Fitzpatrick, director of the International Institute of Strategic Studies think-tank and a former senior U.S. state department official, said that on one level Ryabkov’s remarks were in line with Western views.

“If … he means (Russia sees) no evidence that Iran is aiming to cross the threshold from capability to weapons production, then Ryabkov’s statement is the same as the collective view of the United States and its European allies.

“But Ryabkov goes too far in giving Iran the benefit of the doubt when he says Russia sees no signs of a military dimension … Maybe he means that the evidence is not yet confirmed. But there are certainly ample ‘signs’,” he said.

“Surely Russian intelligence is not so blind.” :End Quote

top topics

join