It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leicester couple pelted by raining yellow plastic balls.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hi.

The article has a date of August 21, 2012, they claim this happened the Sunday before so I guess that would have been August 19th.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Dylis Scott and her husband Tony were in their garage on Monica Road, Leicester, on Sunday when the balls fell from the sky during a storm. Mrs Scott said they started hitting the car and garage door and "shooting at me".

In January it was reported that 3cm diameter blue balls came raining down during a hailstorm in Bournemouth, Dorset.

On Sunday Mrs Scott said she had gone inside after she heard thunder while she was painting outside. "Suddenly all these little tiny, bright yellow balls came down with the rain, and they were hitting the car, hitting the garage door, and shooting at me," the 70-year-old said.

So they aren't sure what they were but according to the couple the balls dissolved in the rain which is interesting. here's a pic.....

Not sure I'd be holding them with my bare hand but maybe that's just me being paranoid.

So have you guys heard about this or know what these little balls are?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Nice find OP
Hope it gets tested and we find out what it is
S&F

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
That looks like Air Soft ammo.

2nd

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is there any chance that the storm produced a funnel at some- point nearby that picked up these yellow balls from somewhere and its all just a crazy coincidence. I wonder what they are made of, the really do look plastic.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

That's what I thought, something for a pellet gun. Would that type of ammo dissolve in the rain though? I thought the pellets were usually hard plastic or rubber.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Could be they were picked up by the storm I guess it happens.

That's what I was saying about touching them with my bare hand. I would want to know what it is before I started handling the stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That's one of two things. Either ammo, or a horrific, brightly colored candy. The latter would explain dissolving in the rain.

Are there by chance any candy factories near the couple?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Air soft pellets? Thats what they look like.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If you have a radioactive element in the air after an accident.....nuclear reactor....and that deadly radioactive element has a half life of say 48 hours. You would release pellets into the clouds containing the fallout and those pellets absorb the moisture in the air and turn into jelly balls...holding that hot particle for a day or two until the jelly ball deteriorates and natural decay takes over.

It appears those beads hit a cold spot which went to hail, and they failed to absorb moisture in the clouds to absorb the deadly hot particles (radioactive) they were intended for.

If you ever find these falling from the sky, put them in a freezer. And pray what was above you in the atmosphere blew away.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
There ARE airsoft BB's

Why is this in the news?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I call BS
Show me a pic of a partially dissolved ball, none of the ones in the photo are smaller.
Show me a pic of them on the ground outside at least.

Either some kid next door was firing an automatic airsoft into the sky or its a hoax by the photographer who took the photo.

IMHO

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by criticalmindseed
I call BS
Show me a pic of a partially dissolved ball, none of the ones in the photo are smaller.
Show me a pic of them on the ground outside at least.

Either some kid next door was firing an automatic airsoft into the sky or its a hoax by the photographer who took the photo.

IMHO

Look for the story about the gel balls falling in England. There's pictures in that thread here. Also....look up the story about the odd yellow floating into Alaska and covering everyone's homes, cars, trees. There's pictures in that thread here too.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think it's called Tellerium 132, the short lived radioactive hot particle they are trying to catch with those balls and tie them up into the gel unto the half life expires. 48 hours I believe it is.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Either the guy works in the basement for the dis- info police....or...he's sleeping. lol

I'll definetly be following this story....I bet it has something to do w/ radioactivity....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There are biodegradable airsoft bb's.
edit on 8-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I think it's called Tellerium 132, the short lived radioactive hot particle they are trying to catch with those balls and tie them up into the gel unto the half life expires. 48 hours I believe it is.

Proof?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What Next?......Rivers turning Blood red????.....give us a break.....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Already happened, lol, in China (I think), there is a recent thread on it here somewhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2012 by 12voltz because: asdfghjkl

top topics

join