It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a Break! He Isn't All That Bad.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by GreatOwl

Are you serious?

The Military has always had all ethnicities in command, there is no color other than red, white and blue when you are enlisted.

I'm serious. Why would it be a big deal that Collin Powell was black, if not for the fact that he was the only one at that level? The higher up you go the whiter the faces become, and this has been the tradition. It is the changing of the guard today, that makes things a bit different. I;m sure that there have always been low level officers of all backgrounds. But, every minority officer always had a non-minority above him, so that the men could always feel that the majority was still in charge. Psychologically, this means that emotionally the soldier could feel connected, even though his immediate boss was a minority, because he could always imagine going around his boss, and communicating with the higher ups who would understand him and empathize.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

It's pretty obvious you have no idea how promotion boards work. Either for officers or NCOs.

And if you didn't know it, it's called a CHAIN of command. You get promoted to certain ranks/positions based on the needs of the army/AF/marines/whatever and how much effort you put in to getting promoted.

The military is essentially the only meritocracy left in the US. You don't get promoted because you know someone.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
LEAVE OBAMA ALONE!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter
This is a joke, right?

You must not have been watching too closely because Obama is following bush-the-hun-junior's playbook as described by General Wesley Clark. He's overthrowing governments, mass murdering civilians and stealing resources. That alone should tell you that obama is a sock puppet. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just like Romney will be.

Sheesh ... I think I'll go puke now.

Uh-huh, uh-huh... yes... but will that be red or blue puke?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join