It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a Break! He Isn't All That Bad.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

BP happened on his watch and more Military have committed suicide on his watch than ever before in history, he has dropped the ball worse than any president I have seen in all my years watching.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Let's not forget that he did vote to expand the patriot act.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Hey all...

I am writing this in regards to the current political race in the USA. I am writing this from an outsider's perspective on your situation and the candidates in general, so please hear me out.

Many people here would prefer Ron Paul to be President (as do i). Unfortunately however, our wishes have not been fulfilled, and everything seems to be all but lost. Romney or Obama? This seems to be the question of the day...

People rag on Obama for driving the USA into the ground, but the truth is, it was already heading there. Your crash was inevitable...it was unfortunate that Obama had to bear the brunt. Many people here criticise Obama on aspects such as the work force and homeless/work-less rate. Tell me, could you do better? All of you are sitting there looking at Obama, criticising him for every thing he has done, yet you yourself have no idea how hard it would be to change things in a country that was already crashing.

I have another point to raise. Many of you are very unhappy regarding the bills Obama has signed into law. Things like the NDAA, limiting the freedom of the people. I have one thing to say. Take it on the chin and move on. Australia has had similar laws for a decade, nothing bad has happened, it isn't the end of the world. I think a lot of you are over acting...

Moving on to Obama's latest speech. I believe it was great, he captured the emotions of the people and raised interesting topics. He knows how to get a crowd moving.

I agree with Obama and the points he has raised. I know a lot of you would be rolling your eyes at this, but if you actually looked at Obama, his expressions, his body language...he believed in what he was saying. I could actually see a glimmer of hope in his eyes...his eyes reflected in the lights, he was pretty emotional.

With this, i ask of you. Would you really want a warmongering psychopath who is Romney over Obama? If Romney wins, i have no doubt that we'd go to war, i have no doubt that your country will get driven further underground. Romney is not the USA's messiah. He is not the only way out.

I believe that the USA should vote for Obama. Put up with him just one more time, the world will be better off.

Wait I have seen multiple anti-Ron Paul threads, as well as many many anti-America threads...from this poster.

Why is that he has any power to incite a belief from any side?....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF

Wait I have seen multiple anti-Ron Paul threads, as well as many many anti-America threads...from this poster.

Why is that he has any power to incite a belief from any side?....

May i suggest you research before commenting...because you are not correct. Yes, i have created anti-American threads in the past, but i have never badmouthed Ron Paul, i do not know where you pulled that information from. To be fair, the last Anti-American thread i made was created before you even signed up to ATS. It was regarding their Cold War mentality, and that wasn't exactly hate provoking...

Why is it that i am allowed to incite a belief from any side?

Simple. As a citizen of an allied Nation, i am not subjected to the same every day propaganda as the American public. I can see things for how they really are. The truth is that if Romney wins, you can bet your life that Israel will attack Iran and we will all succumb to warfare. He fully supports Israel and is endorsed by them as well. At least Obama has the balls to say no to whomever he feels like.
edit on 8-9-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I agree with you in the sense that he is better then Romney.
Not to sound overly mean but I think Romney is a robot demon
out to destroy Earth in the name of money and greed.
I don't trust that guy ONE BIT.
(It is mind boggling that people actually fall for that guys BS)
I think he's scarier then Bush and that is saying a LOT!
However, Obama isn't THAT much better.

My personal belief is either A. Obama had good intentions in the beginning but
as soon as he got into office, the TPTB told him to sit
down and shut the f@#k up.
They said your "change" and "hope" message
was cute and all but that's not how we do things here.
He then soon realized he truly had no power.

Or B. TPTB had it set up from the beginning.
Obama was purposely brought in to distract the public.
They knew the public was fed up with
the republican party(and the government in general)
at that point and what better way to get people's attention
off of the Bush administration and the lies and deceit they brought?
(Not to mention the joke of having McCain and Palin as the republican candidates
There was NO WAY those two were getting into office and TPTB knew that

Bring in the young,black inspirational Democrat. Bring in the new "Kennedy" that promised to
pull America out of the hole it was in.
Meanwhile TPTB knew damn well he wouldn't be able to pull America out.
They knew the financial market was collapsing and s@#t was about to get real bad.
It was a perfect distraction and a great way to shift blame onto the new guy.
Now it seems people have forgotten the absolute hell the Bush administration
put us all in.
Obama was set up for failure from them beginning.
There was absolutely no "hope" for the guy.

Now that said, Obama said many things which later he turned his back on.
(This may have been out of his hands)
There has been more drone strikes during his term then Bush's 8 years.
yet he was supposed to not be a war president.
There have been more federal raids on marijuana dispensaries even though he
promised to keep the feds out and let the state take over.
He turned his back on gay marriage. And on and on on
At the same time the republicans have shot him down every single time and refuse
to work with him so it's not all his fault.

It's unfortunately that America has to pick the "lesser evil". It sucks a@# that we don't
have a candidate that genuinely represents the American people and tries to uphold
the constitution. I'm afraid those days are gone. We're never going back.
Once that door is open, it will only get worse. Greed has set in and our government has turned
into one big corporation. Every politician gets bought out and big business gets away with
literally murder. The puppet show we see on either side only keeps the people distracted.
The line between both parties keeps the people fighting with one another.
This is by no means an accident.
They're doing a damn good job keeping the people separated.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I can tell you a few things about Obama that causes me to hold him in such low regard. For starters, the fact that he signed into law the NDAA - legislation that gives him the power to have U.S. Citizens indefinitely incarcerated with no due process. When he signed that bill into law he claimed that he did so reluctantly because he was uncomfortable with the fact that the indefinite detention provisions applied to U.S. citizens however it was subsequently revealed that it was the Obama administration itself that specifically requested that U.S. citizens be included. Obama went ever farther than this though in requesting a provision be included that would specify that even persons who had been tried in a court of law and found to be not guilty on all charges could STILL be held indefinitely at the whim of the President and based on nothing more than suspicion. Fortunately this provision was noticed and struck from the bill before it was made law but the fact that Obama would want this power and that the Congress would even consider - let alone approve - such an unconstitutional power grab is hard to stomach.

This would be bad enough on it's own but Obama also believes he has a legitimate right to have American's assassinated - again with no due process or oversight. To date, he's ordered the murder of three American's that we know of and this includes a 16 year old boy from Denver, Colorado. Are you OK with that? The suggestion that we should just "take in on the chin and move on" is a very bad idea. When you tolerate tyranny you get...more tyranny. The solution is to refuse to vote for or support any candidate who views the Constitution as an archaic book of suggestions.

When running for office the 1st time around he stated, in response to a moderator's question in a debate, that the President does not have the authority under the Constitution to order the military into action without congressional approval unless the Country is actively under attack or under the threat of an imminent attack. Once in office though, he did exactly that. He ordered the attack on Libya without so much as consulting Congress, let alone getting its approval. This above and beyond the fact that contrary to his campaign promises to end the wars and bring the troops home - something he said would be his first order of business upon taking office and something he would have completed within the first 16 months of his administration - he instead prolonged and expanded the wars, sent more troops and is currently rattling the sabers in the direction of Syria and Iran. It seems that all of these wars were planned long ago too! General Wesley Clark relates being shown a defense department memo at the Pentagon in the days after 9-11 that laid out a plan for the U.S. to invade and topple the regimes of 7 countries in a 5 year period.

www.youtube.com...

George Bush's Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill also admitted that in the very first cabinet meeting after Bush was sworn in the President made it known that his top priority was finding a pretext to invade Iraq.

Obama also indicated that he respected State's rights and When he took office in 2009 he promised to call off federal prosecutors taking aim at medical marijuana in states where it's legal. Fast forward to today, and you'll notice that medical marijuana dispensaries are closing at a faster rate under Obama than under President Bush

Obama promised the most transparent administration ever. He promised not to sign any "non-emergency" bill "without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days" - a policy he called "sunlight before signing." That was also nothing but lies. For example, he signed the NDAA into law while vacationing in Hawaii and, as I mentioned above, lied about being concerned that the indefinite detention provisions applied to American's as well. And as far as transparency goes, let's not forget that just recently he invoked "executive privilege" in order to prevent the court from gaining access to documents pertinent to the "Fast & Furious" scandal that was perpetrated by his appointee Eric Holder.

I could go on but I'm heading out of the office. The bottom line is that Obama is a serial liar who has been instrumental in shredding the bill of rights and even, in the case of the NDAA and his infamous "Kill List," removing one of the most fundamental protections that separate a free and just society from a totalitarian police state. The critical importance of due process is undeniable as the Supreme Court reiterated when it "recognized the fact that`[t]he writ of habeas corpus is the fundamental instrument for safeguarding individual freedom against arbitrary and lawless state action.' - Brown v. Vasquez, 952 F.2d 1164, 1166 (9th Cir. 1991), cert. denied, 112 S.Ct. 1778 (1992).

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

NDAA signed by Obama which eliminates your right to a trial.

He isn't all that bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

He isn't all that bad.

I don't understand the big deal. Australia has had a very similar law for the past 10 years. You know, Intel Agencies are able to come and drag you to undisclosed location and keep you there for an indefinite period of time. The 'prisoner' will have no rights to a trial or a lawyer. No one but the agency will know where you are.

As far as the public is concerned, it hasn't been abused (even though we get the odd story of someone being dragged away).

Take it on the chin and move on...not everything is evil.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

People rag on Obama for driving the USA into the ground, but the truth is, it was already heading there.

The truth is, the situation that he was elected into was difficult .. and he made it worse.

Many of you are very unhappy regarding the bills Obama has signed into law. Things like the NDAA, limiting the freedom of the people. I have one thing to say. Take it on the chin and move on.

WHAT? Just 'take it' and move on? Maybe people where you are from just put up with being bullied, but here in America, we tend not to take kindly to our freedoms being taken away. Take it on the chin? No thanks.

Moving on to Obama's latest speech. I believe it was great, he captured the emotions of the people and raised interesting topics. He knows how to get a crowd moving. but if you actually looked at Obama, his expressions, his body language...he believed in what he was saying. I could actually see a glimmer of hope in his eyes...his eyes reflected in the lights, he was pretty emotional.

He's a good speaker and a good actor. That doesn't make him a good POTUS.

Would you really want a warmongering psychopath who is Romney over Obama?

Funny. You have no evidence to support Romney being a 'warmongering psychopath' .. but you have plenty of evidence that shows Obama never should have gotten that Nobel Peace Prize .. and that he has bombed more countries than Bush43 ... and that his 'bow to the Muslim Brotherhood' policies are putting this country in danger ... but somehow that translates to Obama being good and Romney being bad???

I'm not going to 'give Obama a break'. He IS all that bad. And if Romney gets in office (which I doubt), then I won't give him a break over his LUV AFFAIR with Israel. The day we start 'giving a POTUS a break' when he's obviously a screw up will be a bad day for America.
edit on 9/9/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

He isn't all that bad.

I don't understand the big deal. Australia has had a very similar law for the past 10 years. You know, Intel Agencies are able to come and drag you to undisclosed location and keep you there for an indefinite period of time. The 'prisoner' will have no rights to a trial or a lawyer. No one but the agency will know where you are.

As far as the public is concerned, it hasn't been abused (even though we get the odd story of someone being dragged away).

Take it on the chin and move on...not everything is evil.

Speaking from a strictly historical standpoint, Government has always been the people's worst enemy. It was Government that put Australians on their own little island over there to begin with. It was Government that gave us Nero, Stalin, Hitler, Mao Si Tung, King George (as well as the bloody and completely disgusting history of England's "royalty"), etc. etc. This passive acceptance throughout the world of Government doing whatever it wants while the people "take it on the chin" is nothing more than an example of why history continues to repeat itself. People simply do not learn. And by simply stating a historical fact to prove my point, I'll probably be labeled paranoid.

As far as the public is concerned, it has been abused. Just last month a veteran was taken from his home and locked up in a mental institution without trial or even reason. If people didn't make it a big story that guy would probably still be locked away in the looney bin being forced to take whatever "medication" they saw fit. Does this honestly sound like freedom to you? Should we all just "take it on the chin" when our neighbor gets taken away?

This is what Obama signed into law and he did it on new year's eve when he thought nobody was paying attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Moving on to Obama's latest speech. I believe it was great, he captured the emotions of the people and raised interesting topics. He knows how to get a crowd moving.

So did Hitler, unlike Hitler if you take away the teleprompter BO is as coherent as a gibbon.

A leader needs to be more than 'not all that bad' Not all that bad is sub-mediochre and this one has a secret so terrible that every family member who knew it is dead - (Am I the only one who finds that odd?)

He was elected because he looked best in a suit. So did the mayor of Los Angeles and everyone hates him too.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by antar

BP happened on his watch and more Military have committed suicide on his watch than ever before in history, he has dropped the ball worse than any president I have seen in all my years watching.

BP had nothing to do with Obama, but the Military suicides are alarming.

I wonder, what are the ethnic breakdown statistics on the suicides? Are soldiers struggling with the reality that their commander in chief is a minority? In order to lead men into battle, those men have to respect and admire their commander. If they don't, and can't do anything about it, because of the rule structure of the military organization, then that could have a tremendous psychological impact on the soldiers. The constant internal tension as the mind and emotions try to grapple with the reality that the person whom you instinctively dislike is giving you orders and has the power to put your life at risk and march you around the planet for his own ends, and political advantage, can't engender a warm fuzzy feeling in the soldier. So maybe the increase in suicides could be explained by that additional emotional turmoil introduced by an Obama presidency. If we subtract the number of suicides that used to be before Obama became president, from the totals in today's environment, and if those additional suicides are all ethnically explained by being of the non-minority group, then we could point fingers to Obama as being cause. Otherwize, it's hard to blame Obama for something other people decide to do to themselves.

edit on 9-9-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by antar

Obama is making soldiers shoot themselves?
That might be the most amazing charge I have seen yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
After much thought, all I can say is that I don't like Obama, Romney, Bush, Clinton, Gore or anyone else who gets on tv in front of millions of Americans looking for leadership and stewardship of the government that is proper and legitimate, to lie to them and rob them. And it's not just the ones whose name we know. It's the 535 morons in congress who enable them.

I have yet to see a politician I like. I guess Ron Paul would be the exception, but it isn't even really him that I like, it's his view on the role of the Constitution and governance based on the Supreme Law that I appreciate.

In the end I think that the American people need a reset. We need to identify and establish PRIORITY before we start talking about what sounds good. We don't have the money to afford NOT to prioritize. In the end everyone of us is going to take a hit on what we feel government should spend money on.

I'm in the military, but the military budget, especially when it comes to CIV contractors needs to be cut. DynCorp and Blackwater don't need to be doing the job that maintenance companies and inspection battalions can do in my field. That goes for every other MOS in the Army. We have well trained armed personnel we don't need mercs.

Congress needs to take a giant pay cut.

Public sector unions are going to have to be outlawed or have their influence severely reduced.

We're gonna have to close some bases overseas.

We're going to have to reduce domestic spending.

The federal government is going to have to start thinking real hard about entitlement systems and that's gonna piss a few of you lefties off. There isn't a magic bullet here. There is only mutual sacrifice on these issues. Reality sucks, even for me. But I am starting to accept that a few of the issues I saw as concrete simply won't be for very long as this continues to matastisize.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

Are you serious?

The Military has always had all ethnicities in command, there is no color other than red, white and blue when you are enlisted.

The deaths may have more to do with the type of orders given or just the stress of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Obama To Soldiers Overseas: No Voting For You!

I am not trying to change anyone opinion however thought you and others in this thread might want to read this.
news.investors.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

I have the same beef with any mainstream candidate, they are all meat-puppets. It matters not whether its name is Obama or Romney (or Harper in Canada, or any politican anywhere), its goals are determined by lobbyists and campaign contributors from other countries, corporations and of course the international banksters. There is no room for what is right, only who will pay.

If Obama or any politician had actual power and wanted to fix the US, they would have dissolved the fed, stopped all wars and concentrated on building the US rather than taking it apart. If these things would have been done, the US would be a far better place, much stronger economically and people would have hope. You can't make a country stronger by removing jobs through the removal of the manufacturing base, you just make someone else's country stronger and in relative terms, the US weaker.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

To get rid of lobbyist we have to shrink the power of the government which is something a lot of people at occupy wall street didn't seem to understand.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatOwl

reply to post by antar

BP had nothing to do with Obama, but the Military suicides are alarming.

I wonder, what are the ethnic breakdown statistics on the suicides? Are soldiers struggling with the reality that their commander in chief is a minority? In order to lead men into battle, those men have to respect and admire their commander. If they don't, and can't do anything about it, because of the rule structure of the military organization, then that could have a tremendous psychological impact on the soldiers. The constant internal tension as the mind and emotions try to grapple with the reality that the person whom you instinctively dislike is giving you orders and has the power to put your life at risk and march you around the planet for his own ends, and political advantage, can't engender a warm fuzzy feeling in the soldier. So maybe the increase in suicides could be explained by that additional emotional turmoil introduced by an Obama presidency. If we subtract the number of suicides that used to be before Obama became president, from the totals in today's environment, and if those additional suicides are all ethnically explained by being of the non-minority group, then we could point fingers to Obama as being cause. Otherwize, it's hard to blame Obama for something other people decide to do to themselves.

edit on 9-9-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

I can't believe you would use Obama's color as a reason for the soldiers suicide rate.Your commit makes it seem like soldiers are racist with no facts or statistics other then the suicide rate is higher under Obama, maybe the reason soldiers are committing suicide is because this country is going to hell, seen their friends die, seen things no human should ever see, fighting a poinless war, difficulty adjusting to civilian life, having trouble getting a job back home, ect. You sound like you work for MSNBC or watch it way too much, i'm getting tired of the race card getting brought up into anything relating to Obama.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The sad part to all this, is that alot of people feel
like they have to vote for one or the other, even if
they dont like them. Why vote for them at all?

The reason why these idiots are voted in, is because
palot of people just dont see the lies and the BS, or
they refuse to believe it.

Until they do, then these people will always be voted i

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

I have the same beef with any mainstream candidate, they are all meat-puppets. It matters not whether its name is Obama or Romney (or Harper in Canada, or any politican anywhere), its goals are determined by lobbyists and campaign contributors from other countries, corporations and of course the international banksters. There is no room for what is right, only who will pay.

If Obama or any politician had actual power and wanted to fix the US, they would have dissolved the fed, stopped all wars and concentrated on building the US rather than taking it apart. If these things would have been done, the US would be a far better place, much stronger economically and people would have hope. You can't make a country stronger by removing jobs through the removal of the manufacturing base, you just make someone else's country stronger and in relative terms, the US weaker.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

To get rid of lobbyist we have to shrink the power of the government which is something a lot of people at occupy wall street didn't seem to understand.

Oocupy Wall Street appears to be fully compromised with funding and inflitrators from both Soros and the Koch brothers. It has basically become irrelevant. Making lobbying illegal would be a much better solution and as I said in either this thread or another one, shock collars with built in tracking devices and head mounted video/audio recorders would be a good idea for politicians, international bankers and corporate heads ;-) Since we know we can't trust them, it's easier to monitor these known criminals that way.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join