It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Won Third Debate!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am convinced that these polls are fixed. The spread of these things are pretty much the same on every single debate.

msnbc.msn.com...

I live in the middle of Alabama and on my local news broadcast last night they displayed the results of an online poll they took about who won the debate. The results were Kerry 92% Tie 3% Bush 5% with aroud 4000 votes. Somewhere in the Kerry Campaign there is someone calling for all the Kerry supporters to crash these online polls to make it appear as if Kerry is winning.

After the debate last night the pundits all pretty much agreed Bush did a better job. But these damn polls all show Kerry by a landslide its ridiculous.

Bush hit a homerun in the debate last night regardless of whatever poll you look at.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Of course all these polls are manipulated. By both sides of course.

DemUnderground & Freep both have lists of polls that readers will hit after the debates.

This was originally started by Freep who started the game 8 years ago, they've written entire guides on how to manipulate and screw with lots of different types of polls. It was largely a right wing practice until DemUnderground decided to level it out by posting their own lists.

Kerry won it. There's no doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Bush hit a homerun in the debate last night regardless of whatever poll you look at.

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. I will concede that he has improved greatly from the first debate, but my opinion is that Kerry had a slight edge on this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That's one slanted poll!

Most I've seen so far have Kerry winning it by a slight margin. It's pretty much a concensus, amongst pollsters, that Kerry has won the previous two debates...

If Bush gets re-elected, looks like he'll be another weird statistic...

First, for being one of the few elected who didn't carry the popular vote, and then for being elected despite having lost every debate! That would be sad indeed...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

: Originally posted by BlackJackal

This time Bush did well I think, But Kerry still won it IMHO,
I'm sure George is glad that was the Last debate.

[edit on 14/10/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We all have our opinions...

Mine is that Bush looked pretty terrible in the 3rd.
That scared look in his eyes. Man oh man...

Kerry won hands down.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Im looking forward to watching the debate, hopefully later tonight after a few J's we will switch to our faveroute light entertainment/comedy channel Fox news and with any luck will show us the "fair and impartial" highlights lol

I like the debate thing, and Fox news is priceless entertainment when nothing else on the TV have a look. (Any brits just remember the Day Today)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have to give to Bush, On the question, "Do you think being gay is a choice" He said, "I dont Know." That was his brightest point.

He really isnt that smart, he was very smug, it looked like it was a game to him.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The polls are rigged, the election is rigged, our freedoms are rigged, but yet in America we're still being told we're a democratic nation, maybe their right in a sense, America is a democracy if your looking at it through corporation's eyes, and corporate media's eyes. But when it comes to us folks, we're nothin' but a bunch of sheep asleep on the hay.

Sure keep voting for the big two parties, you think America will change if you keep voting both of em in every 4 years, your crazy. The big two have been slowly ruining this country for years, slowly stripping those constitutional freedoms off our backs.

I'm more concerned about what those two big chiefs want to do this country and to us citizens. What other things can they # up...

We got social security problems
Education problems
Institutionalized racism problems
Health Care problems
Civil rights violaton problems
Tax problems
Foreign policy problems
and they both seem to want to continue on the destructive path of social engineering.

Which is something you just cannot do.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Again, just because he didn't yell at his earpiece to stop interupting him does not mean he won, it just means he wasn't stupid enough, this time, to yell at it! I can't believe how low the Bushies levels of victories are to think that since he wasn't telling Rove to let him finish that he won. Yes, he did better then the last couple debates, but it doesn't mean he won! Here is a way to explain it...

Two guys race, Guy K wins by finishing in ten seconds. Guy B loses, by finishing in 3 hours. Now, next time they race Guy K finishes again in ten seconds, but this time Guy B finishes in just 2.5 hours. Does it mean he won the race? No, it means he did better. Next race Guy K finishes in 11 seconds. while Guy B finishes in 2 hours. Again, did Guy B win? No, he just did better.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Kerry IMHO is going to be in the unenviable position of being known as the candidate who won the dabtes and lost the election.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My analysis is as follows... (and btw, I'm pro-Kerry)

Both sides tried to make accusations that would stick to the adversary - Bush on Kerry's voting record and his tax-increase record, Kerry on Bush not being concerned about Osama Bin Laden and on the President's tax cut benefiting only the rich. As to whether those accusations stuck or not... one will have to see which way the undecided voters swing on Nov. 2.

On the attitude front, Bush seemed more soft-spoken, more in control than in the second debate. He managed to put John Kerry on the defensive a few times. He also managed to look genuine and friendly.

On the other hand, John Kerry looked positively senatorial, in command of his facts and of his knowledge of the way things work. He may have been less on the attack and have had a lesser contact with the audience than in the second debate, but he looked stable, calm, patrician in an almost Rooseveltian way. He also once again made sure that he used all the time allotted him to get the most information out - while Bush's pauses had a good dramatic effect, sometimes it looked as though he had nothing to say.

As far as mistakes or faux-pas are concerned... they both put their foot in their mouth at some point. Kerry should've refrained from referring to Cheney's daughter, as that will be seen as petty by a lot of more conservative-leaning undecided voters. As for Bush, his use of the "L-word" and his characterization of Ted Kennedy as the "conservative senator from Massachusetts" compared to Kerry is not designed to make Bush any friends among the more liberal-leaning undecided voters - and makes him lose more votes in New England and in the more liberal states of the West Coast.

Finally, body language - again, Kerry was active while listening to the President, and managed to convey confidence with his half-smiles and small head shakes while taking notes. On the other hand, Bush's facial language - although he did smile more - remained unreadable to a degree.

So I would rate them this way - on a 30-point scale:

BUSH

Contact with the audience... 5
Use of the facts - intellectual value... 3.5
Body language... 3
Use of the time allotted... 3.5
Mistakes or faux-pas... 3
Stage presence... 3.5

TOTAL: 21.5/30

KERRY

Contact with the audience... 2
Use of the facts - intellectual value... 5
Body language... 4
Use of the time allotted... 4.5
Mistakes or faux-pas... 3
Stage presence... 2.5

TOTAL: 21/30

I give Bush a small edge because of the contact with the audience/stage presence factor.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Kerry IMHO is going to be in the unenviable position of being known as the candidate who won the dabtes and lost the election.

OR won the popular vote, but lost the presidency.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This ear piece thing is ridiculous...

Did you guys ever think it was probably body armour??

If he wanted some kind of help from behind the curtains i'm led to believe that CIA and NSA agencies have alot smaller pieces of equipment for that kind of thing. What makes you think George Bush is stuck in the 80s??

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Aparently you havent read any of the other posts in that topic.

kix

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

yep ridiculous...he is deaf...he only listens to the voices inside his head....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I actually wasn't going to watch this debate, because I'm no longer an undecided, but in the end I couldn't keep away. All in ll I thought Kerry did better then Bush, I kept thinking that Bush looked sort of like a deer in the headlights, just a personal opinion. I did think there was a missed opportunity, by Kerry , when Bush said in the last debate, the reason we don't allow drugs from Canada, is we can't gaurantee their safety, this time he said we're working on getting flu vaccine from manufacturers in Canada. So in a matter of days Canadian drug manufacturers became safer?
Kerry appeared to be in better control an more relaxed, so I'd give him the win, not by much, but still the win.

link   

If he wanted some kind of help from behind the curtains i'm led to believe that CIA and NSA agencies have alot smaller pieces of equipment for that kind of thing. What makes you think George Bush is stuck in the 80s??

Not body armor.

Well, for one thing, his head is unprotected and on the back he is unprotected from about 5 vertebrae down from the base of the neck. Thats alot of spine exosed. I'll bet the podium was lined with Kevlar just in case, theres a reason they make them hollow you know.

His head is fully exposed whilst most of his body is hidden behind an armored podium, it's just not logical.

There were rumours that Bush has had a minor stroke and may have a sluggish left side, this could make the object a back brace.

link   

Originally posted by kix
he only listens to the voices inside his head....

wouldn't surprise me

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Otts my friend I appreciate your debate analysis. However if Kerry wins the presidency I may need your help in picking out real-estate up your way. And yes I am serious.

<<   2  3 >>

join