reply to post by LUXUS
Good thread, OP. Star and flag.
I have noticed the same things. People are definitely being dumbed down. Exam papers are getting easier and yet, children are not achieving higher
marks. Off course, the mind is being bombed all the time by propaganda through television, radio, music, fashion, advertising and trends. I call it
mind pollution. When the mind is constantly stimulated by these things, it is also incapable of using a larger percentage for retaining constructive
information, as it is already occupied with stuff; stuff that has absolutely no true value to human growth, yet manages to hypnotize into oblivion.
Totally unawares. Yes, the two go hand in hand.
On your second point, here are some more evidence of total lack of awareness in society:
1. People standing in a busy door entrance, blocking it by mindlessly sms-ing or in conversation with each other, completely oblivious of the crowds
trying to gain entrance.
2. Trollies in supermarket that are parked in an aisle in such a way that no-one can get past them, while the guilty shopper leaves the trolly there
for a 'little while' just to fetch something from another isle. Also, when selecting fruit and veggies, trollies are left in such a way that they
obstruct the passage of shoppers.
3. People are much less aware of facial expressions in others. Surely if you really look at a person while you speak to them, you will know so much
more about how that person feels in regards to what he is telling you. We seem to have lost the awareness to communicate with more than words. Looking
in the eyes, and seeing what is really there, can open doors of understanding.
4. There are so many examples of unaware, sleeping people on the roads!! People drive without communicating with each other. If I need to change lanes
in heavy traffic, I love trying to catch someone's eye in the lane to which I want to go, so that I can ask them, literally if I can please have a
space. You will be surprised at how many people simply sit and stare, unaware. There are literally millions of examples of people on the roads who are
unaware of life around them. Try communicating while driving, and you will be surprised at how good it makes you feel when a stranger has crossed your
path and there was a moment of strong connection. Saying thank you and please while driving, smiling and achieving a moment of pleasure through
communication with a stranger that you most probably will never see again, makes you feel great!
5. What about awareness of environment. Do people notice when the flowers open their buds, when the a sky turns exceptionally beautiful, when a dog
runs to the gate to greet passers by, when a child skips past with delight in his being, when the birds chirp out pure pleasure into the air..... on
and on one can go.
Zombies. That is the new word of the youth. They just don't realizing that many of them are already becoming it!
edit on 6-9-2012 by
UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)