It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US unemployment benefit applications drop 12,000 to 365,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They present it like "that's all" and that 365,000 people is all whom lost jobs, yet it was 350k per month for the last like 2 years.. It's wild!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

That's what I mean

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
They present it like "that's all" and that 365,000 people is all whom lost jobs, yet it was 350k per month for the last like 2 years.. It's wild!

365,000 FRESHLY FIRED moms, dads, sons and daughters IN ADDITION TO the tens of millions already let go and on unemployment.
edit on 6-9-2012 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Could I then assume your prison rate went up by 12'000 to feed some corrupt judge :-)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
pure hogwash

in two more weeks the 'revised' figures will be released

delayed first filer unemployment applications is the hidden reason..

the apps are withheld until the newly unemployed get their Food-Stamp awards first...
only after they get a bigger Food-Stamp award will they file for unemployment 'income' which will then reduce the FS monthly award some months after the initial FS benefit was awarded.
i call that smart budget management by the laid-off workers!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
pure hogwash

in two more weeks the 'revised' figures will be released

delayed first filer unemployment applications is the hidden reason..

the apps are withheld until the newly unemployed get their Food-Stamp awards first...
only after they get a bigger Food-Stamp award will they file for unemployment 'income' which will then reduce the FS monthly award some months after the initial FS benefit was awarded.
i call that smart budget management by the laid-off workers!

I call it a huge economic mess orchestrated by Obama while playing over 100 rounds of golf.

- Over $5 Trillion added to the National Debt during the last 4 years !

That is a disgrace.
---------------
23 Million Americans unemployed. That is a disgrace.

--------------
Obama's solution: Tax the Millionaires & Billionaires because it polls well.

That would only raise $80 Billion but who cares???

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Wow great analogy.

I share your beliefs on the matter. I fear that the end result is inevitable and reports such as the one posted in the OP are just meant to be an attempt at persuading the masses of this illusionary improvement in the economy.

Well done my friend

thanks amigo, yeah the rotting meat analogy seemed appropriate to our elected officials.

i think a lot of people view our current situation as just another slump in an ongoing sine wave of life that we have lived through and heard of in the past. problem is this isn't just another slump, it's the end result of decades of corruption and raping of the world population for the top 10% of society. this time they have no way of papering over the problem because frankly the paper is running out now and fewer people are believing their lies.

i'm not a fan of Islam but i have to give them kudos for one thing and that's making it forbidden to lend money for interest. most of our world economy revolves around credit and interest paid for basically doing nothing but transferring digits from one institution to another.

here we are as working class people and we have to play by the rules while they make the rules and play by none, how long will that go one?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

i'm not a fan of Islam but i have to give them kudos for one thing and that's making it forbidden to lend money for interest.

No matter how much you pretty up the exterior, in the case positive statistics, the internal climate is still festering and weakening.

I always found the concept of "interest" baffling. I get the concept of it, but to me its iherently destructive. You keep creating money out of nothing....eventually that bubble will pop as it has done in other industries and welcome back to the stone age, economically speaking

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Here's the real joke.....they don't count the people that were laid off in small bushiness and the people that ran out of benefits!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by SangriaRed

Agree.

I know plenty of people, working paycheck to paycheck. I also know plenty of people unemployed, and cant claim unemployment benefits anymore.I wonder what the TRUE rate, of unemployment, really is. I wonder how many on ATS are part of that crowd.

my gut feeling tells me that the true unemployment rate is probably closer to 28%-32%
edit on 6-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
yeah, they will read out those numbers and claim it's because the job market is improving.

What's actually happening is unemployment is just running out for many people and they can' file anymore.

Don't let the numbers twisting fool you.

Unemployment has not gotten any better,in fact for certain age groups it has gotten worse.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was laid off from a crappy job 2 months ago. It was kind of a blessing since I was working with pesticides and people that really didn't have any concern for our health. Anyways, there were several of us laid off. It was a corporate mandate that required downsizing of payroll. All of us were told by our terminating supervisor to file unemployment and get the ball rolling, yada yada, so forth and so on. Well we were all denied unemployment. I've appealed the decision because they laid us off, there was no misconduct so we should have had no issues getting it. My theory is the employer is denying all unemployment claims regardless of cause and the state just goes along with it. Why would they do this? Because most people can't wait 2+ months to get unemployment. Most of my buddies took 2-3 part time jobs and aren't planning on appealing the unemployment. The employer wins because it's fewer claims against them and the state wins because it's less paid out. It's a shady, underhanded way of dealing with working people.
My point is that those numbers are easily manipulated. I'm not in those statistics nor are my former co-workers.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
At what point do you just say # it? If the entire global money system collapses and that makes the USA unable to pick up the pieces then I guess we deserve it anyways huh? I mean, its just ridiculous that we as a country cant ATLEAST produce enough # for ourselves to live on our own, we have to import all our food and products in order to survive. What good is America if we cant even feed our own nation. we have to rely on a money ponzi scheme to rip other countries off so we can get canned pesticide peaches for 99 cents instead of 1.50.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Haha... that is laughable. Its only because everyone's extended benefits are running out. I'm sure dem's will reference that as progress. Sad thing is, an alarming number of hollow eyed morons will take the hook,line, and sinker.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

You might be right.

Whats the rate in the inner cities, and the rates for minorities?

50%?

Just sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join