It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamworld[2014WC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I always liked September.After the long,hot summer the breeze of autumn was always welcome.
I wish i could feel that breeze right now.

But let me start from the beginning.
September 2012:
The world was on the edge.Global economy was falling down,the usual suspects were pounding the drums of war,people were going mad and the conspiracy theorists were placing bets on the next big disaster.

Then the dreams started.

People from all over the world started having dreams about a world with no technology,no weapons,no wars.From every corner of the globe reports arrived daily about more people having these dreams.
By the end of Novermber the dreamers decided that their dreamworld was a message from God or gods or aliens(you know how these things work) and they wanted to see it happen.They started contacting the goverments,people in power and even the church.
Noone was listening.
Everyone thought that this was some kind of trend,shared on some facebook page.But the dreamers were increasing in number and the decided that they should do something about it.

They gathered on a secret place and they came up with the plan.

December 21st,2012:
The dreamers chose this day to bring their plan into life.Overal the day was dull and boring.Another Friday that wouldn't come to an end.Some were looking in the sky waiting for the aliens to show up or planet X to collide with Earth.

And then the unexpected happened.

Through every television and computer a message came.
"By midnight local time,you must find shelter.By midnght local time the world,as you know it will come to an end.By midnight tonight lives will be lost,cities will be destroyed and we will make our dreams a reality.The best places to hide are underground.You have until midnight tonight"

I remember the panic.The goverments were trying to ease people's minds,by telling them that this is nothing but a nasty joke.Everyone was trying to abandon the cities and find a bunker or a cave or something to hide.The truth was that noone knew what was going to happen.Some just remained where they were and refused to fall for the prank.And then the first clock struck midnight,somewhere in the East, and the first nuclear device went off and destroyed everything.
And as the next in line timezone was reaching midnight,the chaos and the panic claimed the lives of thousands.

December 23rd 2012:
More than 5 billion people died.No goverment managed to find the bombs before they go off.Everything was so quiet.

September 2014:
I can't even begin to calculate the loss of life during the past 2 years.The sickness,the mutations and the constant pain in the eyes of the survivors breaks my heart.

We still live underground.The planet suffers from the nuclear winter and it will take years,before we'll be able to live on the surface again.We take short trips above,but there's nothing there.The dreamworld is not there.The dreams stopped after the holocaust.I miss them.There is doubt among the dreamers.
"What if we did it all wrong?"
"Why the dreams stopped?"
A voice in my head whispers,that it was all necessary.In order to create,one must destroy first.

But we did it.We have a world without wars,without weapons and without technology.
And when we see the sun again,it will be the world that we dreamed about.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
is this a short story you made up?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'd bet a large poutine and a vanilla milkshake that it is.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
is this a short story you made up?

Yes.It's a short story for a contest that's running on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'd bet a large poutine and a vanilla milkshake that it is.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It is tragic, your story, but I liked it very much. I hope your not following in the great science fiction writers and writing of a to be real future. We do tend to self-fulfill don't we.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you.
The future is fluid and it's up to us to make it better.Things look bad,but i have great hope that humanity will eventually stop destroying everything(including uorselves).

new topics

top topics

join