It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Animals Really Can Sense A Pending Disaster???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I searched for a post connecting these two stories together and found nothing about it.

DISCLAIMER: MODS, I believe I put this in the correct forum, and if not, please feel free to move to your discretion.*

I'll start by stating that I think we've all heard stories about animals sensing an upcoming danger or natural disaster. I've read about the recent major Costa Rica 7.6 magnitude earthquake last night. You can read about this quake here:

7.6 Costa Rica Earthquake

With that being said, I've also researched topics that are relatively conclusive that animals do have a "special sense" when something is wrong and begin to panic. This leads to unusual and sometimes fatal behaviors.

Please keep in mind as with some topics, we don't always have bonified, 100% proof, or scientific facts to back up claims. I am not offering scientific fact or evidence in this thread either, merely my opinion. I am purely stating what I deem to be correlating events that add to claims of animals sensing pending disasters.

There have been news stories lately of pilot whales beaching themselves on the cost of Florida recently and can be read here:

Pilot Whales Come Ashore In Florida

Also here:

Why Did Those Pilot Whales In Florida Beach?

Over the years many people have often thought that animals are a great source of impending dangers about to come. I'm looking for the thoughts from my fellow ATSer's. What say you folks?

Have a great rest of the week!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I work in the kennel at a veterinarians office and, yesterday, two dogs that were boarded all weekend with no problems,started this mournful wail. I couldnt help but think that something bad was getting ready to happen. I dont know if this has something to do with the earthquake but it just gave me chills when I read about the earthquake.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PaigeD

Very well could be. My dog was crazy last night for no apparent reason, then about 2 hours later...BANG! Huge storm blew in. I almost always know when either:

A. The wind will blow hard
B. A severe storm will roll in
C. It's going to rain

He doesn't like any of the above. When he acts out of normal behavior, I would bet money I can check the radar and something is headed our way. All day long.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Animals are more sensitive to the environment than we humans are, our old dog would go to the bottom of the garden and start digging if there was a thunderstorm on its way which you could tell by using your eyes and a barometer but the dog could sense it a hour or 2 before it really became visible to simple human detection

I doubt theres nothing ESPish about it just they have evolved to sense stuff that is a threat to them such as storms = chance of drowning/hit by lightning

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Chinese are monitoring snake farms 24/7 because they believe snakes are most sensitive to
impending earth quakes.
Here's a link to Snakes and Quakes
Maybe ATS members who have snakes can put together a quake prediction network too.
I think it would be cool to have world-wide web effort built around this.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

my mate was in Thailand when the tsunami hit and he said all the dogs had gone and all the lizards had stopped making there loud and annoying noise as all the sea water disappeared from the beach there was only people left standing there wondering what was happening ,,
just in case some of you have not been to Thailand the dogs are wild and roam around were ever they want and the lizards are just constantly making a loud screech type noise

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
about twenty whales came ashore in Scotland at the weekend,sixteen died as rescuers tried to keep them wet etc.
last Friday while walking down my street I was asked by a young woman if I was doing anything just now.she then asked if I was afraid of seagulls(must admit I thought she was a bunny boiler).I said not really,she then said that a seagull had flown into her hairdresser shop and asked if i could I get it out.
this thing was bloody vicious,lucky it was a hairdressers shop so i had plenty of towels to smother it in.
a few hours later while cooking and looking out the window I watched a pigeon fly into a neighbours open window.maybe they are all going crazy for a reason,if so then it seems Scotland is doomed!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I hope you all continue to share your experiences. I enjoy reading what other people witness. Animals are incredibly smart and I do in fact believe they can sense danger. Keep it up, thanks for replying guys!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PaigeD

It would be nice if you would let us all know where you are located

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Animals have been known for this since the beginning of time. Since most have senses that are profoundly superior to our own paltry senses...it stands to reason that they may indeed sense impending events.

Seems little doubt to me...I've seen animals seem to anticipate things far too often not to believe they can.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
One of my rabbits is acting up. For the last 3 days.
She is being aggressive to the other bunnies in her cage, which she is related to and has been fine with for nearly a year.
She seems to attack the other rabbits and then acts as if she is petrified and hides. I have had to separate her.

I live in London, UK.

Glad you made this thread, I had started to think this rabbit was going mad.lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
my dogs barked uncontrollably the morning of my wedding day..

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
most marine expert's say dolphin's and such are dumb as sh#t. i have to agree.
they can barely do what dog's do,

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
most marine expert's say dolphin's and such are dumb as sh#t. i have to agree.
they can barely do what dog's do,

Dolphins are dumb???? I believe they are one of the most intelligent creatures on earth. I don't think yo...scratch that...you don't know what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I am located in the United states, in southcentral Virginia. I might have been reaching about the dogs and the earthquake but it was much calmer in there last night.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
my dogs barked uncontrollably the morning of my wedding day..

maybe your dogs was warning you of the impending doom

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Great thread. Just love these true accounts. And honestly - animals know SO MUCH MORE than we ever will! Why shouldn't they know, well, more about the earth and it's actions.

Here on ATS I've a couple a threads posting about my dog getting giggy and then - earthquake and volcano action. I'm not saying 'been there done that' in a bad way - just saying I've been there done that to add to your post! S&F!

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Animals have been known for this since the beginning of time. Since most have senses that are profoundly superior to our own paltry senses...it stands to reason that they may indeed sense impending events.

Seems little doubt to me...I've seen animals seem to anticipate things far too often not to believe they can.

They aren't superior, were just so caught up in our oh so important life that we forgot how to listen and pay attention... I saw some people having piknik with their kids in a tim hortons parking lot with the chairs, blanket and all for f*** sakes... With the chairs and blanket and all... They occupied a parking space and the kids were playing around in the parking...

And thats not a single occasion neither my gf's boss had to kick some people out of their own parking thats right next to the Tim's one on several occasions this summer, all different peoples too... Not tourist neither...friggen local people...WTF mankind... Seriously...

This piss me off to no end not even 1000ft down the road there a nice and HUGE park with benches, trees and a 80x120 sand box filled with swings, slides and tunnels pretty much all a kid can dream of...

You can't stay in touch with nature when you can't gey away from Tim Horton... To throw oil on the fire im a native and this really infuriated me this summer i almost walked up to them to throwthem a bitch fit... Put aside the datn parkings thats unsafe for kids plus co2 gases wtf coulndnt they bring them kids to the park or really to picnic in the nature where u can really relaxe and teach your kids something...

edit on 6-9-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Same here , we have a black lab mix ( think with border collie ) & if any of what you mention is approaching she will hunker down in the bathtub & will not go outside till it's over .

We have very few earthquakes here , only a few & I've not felt them in our area so I don't know her actions with them .
John

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Austin Texas reporting in.
We live in the country, by the lake,
and our dog and local dogs were a bit nuts
the last couple of nights. More than usual certainly.

new topics

top topics

join