It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Equality / Voice of America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I really hate for this to be my first post, as many people may form an inaccurate opinion of me and my beliefs as a result, however, while watching the DNC tonight, I was shocked by the ratio of minority to "majority" personalities depicted in the "candid" crowd shots.

A bit of disclosure before I continue: I am a man who was raised republican, by two parents who paid their own way through college, have formed their own pathway, have created their own wealth from nothing, and are against the new age entitlement movement. Having said that, I am fully capable of forming my own opinion, and regularly do so. I enjoy a good debate, especially one relating to election year politics.

Continuing on, I am a fairly staunch constitutionalist, and have been for many years, granted I can't say pre-Paul, as he has been running for office nearly as long as I've been alive. I do appreciate the things Dr. Paul states, as well as the underlying message he promotes, though.

I hate to make a post saying, "F the media!", but unfortunately I feel it's in order. The amount of bias toward the American minority was impermissible tonight, you'd have to be blind to miss it (if you are in fact visually impaired, more power to you for seeking out an online forum and voicing your opinion, please do so).

Am I the only person who noticed a strong biased toward the minority voter tonight? Again, I am genuinely curious as to how staunch republican and democratic voters view tonights debate.

Open discussion follows:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by booyakasha092

Open discussion follows:

No it doesn't
Welcome to ATS, and welcome to the introduction thread.
the thread discussing this already can be located here

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks bro, nice welcome.

Not my first forum, but my first time being treated as a dick at forum. Congrats.

EDIT:

From somebody with as many posts as you, I would've hoped for more input than literally pulling my last 3 words to comment on. You should be acting as an advocate for ATS, not putting new people down.

Welcome to forums.
edit on 4-9-2012 by booyakasha092 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by booyakasha092
Thanks bro, nice welcome.

Not my first forum, but my first time being treated as a dick at forum. Congrats.

Wow. Angry. You posted a discussion based thread in an intro forum. Can't do that here.

Welcome, btw.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am a little upset because I was hoping for more input from someone as senior as him, toward someone as rookie as me. I genuinely do appreciate your welcome though, and thanks for the link, insight and cool-headed approach. Wasn't trying to be foul...thought I was posting in a "new to ATS" thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by booyakasha092

ATS is a shark tank and there is ALWAYS blood in the water. If you have questions, by all means, ask. But don't expect softball pitches on this site. We have skeptics, nay-sayers, extremists of all stripes and moderate folks who temper the tone.

It's a wild ride but there are rules.

Edit to add; the intro forum is a meet-n-greet. No topics other than the individual here. You can post practically anywhere now, after 20 posts, you can create your own threads.

But there will be a mod here shortly to give you links for all the rules and stuff.
edit on 4-9-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have no problem with your reply. Someone who replies such as yourself, with constructive information, is welcomed to someone as new as me. It is genuinely accepted. Granted, I was following forum rules: Not a 1-liner, not a quote, no shorthand, nothing plagiarized, and I did my best to state my cause (disclaimer and all with my politically charged opening).

I understand my comment could've possibly been accepted in a generic DNC thread, I was looking to seek out more of the rookie voice though...hoping more had sought out this forum in response to the televised speeches tonight. No harm, or post mongering, intended.

I appreciate your input. Mods can close thread (FYI).

top topics

join