It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is not a deep thought thread, perhaps it's best labelled as a Public Service Announcement. The staff at National Review have compiled a list of reasons why Obama shoulld be pink-slipped. Yes, National Review is a right wing publication, but the value of this piece, or perhaps I should say editorial-list, is available to everyone.

For Conservatives, it is a humorous and serious (I don't know how they do that, but they do) reminder of the President's first term in office and the things he's done which lead many to want to show him the door.

For Liberals, it provides a fairly painless view into what Conservatives are for, and where Obama disappointed them. It's a view into the Conservative mind. (I'll save you the trouble. The Conservative mind is: racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, greedy, destructive, tyrannical, war-mongering, supportive of the NWO and secret Societies, ignorant, uneducated, brainwashed, bigoted, and superstitious.) Ok, given all that, look at the list and see what else you can get from it.

If you don't understand some of the reasons (and I don't) just ask, some poster will help out. But give it a look, if just for the laughs.

Here's a sample:

3. Because Julia needs to get off her lazy, federally subsidized butt, get a real job, and pay for her own damned birth-control pills.

34. Because the Small Business Administration estimates the price of current regulations at $1.75 trillion annually — a bigger burden than the corporate income tax.

51. Because Nicholas Thompson, the vice president of polling firm The Tarrance Group, while discussing public views of Obama, said that “there’s a lot of people who feel sorry for him.” We should help them out.

62. Because Americans deserve the opportunity to see which White House pet will ride atop the Romney presidential limousine.

63. So you’ll be able to criticize the president again without being called a racist.

78. The fact that the stimulus spent $9.38 million to renovate a train depot that has been closed for 30 years.

92. Because he demonizes Wall Street bankers.

93. Except his first chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel of Wasserstein Perella.

94. And his successor, Bill Daley of JP Morgan.

95. And his successor, Jacob Lew of Citigroup.

168. Firing Obama would make wedding registries safe again.

185. The average annual deficit: $1.3 trillion. Revenues from repealing Bush tax cuts for the rich: about $40 billion. Math is hard.

199. Because the average American works until July 15 to pay off the cost of government.

243. Because Fisker Automotive is offshoring (Mitt can explain) its manufacturing to Finland after Obama “invested” our money in it.

277. The Obama DOJ does not consider putting a GPS tracker on your car a “search.” The Supreme Court disagrees, 9–0.

293. “In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world,” said the alleged leader of the free world.

359. Canada today seems well governed in comparison.

363. We’ll get to watch Ed Schultz go crazy. Crazier. Whatever.

379. Because then maybe the Dalai Lama won’t have to leave the White House by a back door, next to piled-up garbage.

425. When a drone crashed in Iran: “We’ve asked for it back. We’ll see how the Iranians respond.”

484. Because Thomas Edison must be avenged.

510. One day after telling debt-ceiling-negotiation participants to “leave our political rhetoric at the door,” Obama says at a town hall that Republicans are treating the debt ceiling as “a gun against the heads of the American people to extract tax breaks for corporate-jet owners.”

537. 392 speeches in 2009.

538. 491 speeches in 2010.

539. Thinking his mistake was failure “to tell a story to the American people.”

583. If he could have “any superpower” it would be to speak a foreign language.

584. Because the vaunted intellectual speaks fewer foreign languages than George W. Bush.

612. So Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas can once again enjoy an Egg McMuffin in peace.

653. We don’t need a “civilian national-security force.”

675. He throws like a girl.

You can find the whole list here:
www.nationalreview.com...

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thanks Charles for the opportunity to laugh a bit when we get riled by the way things are these days.

sad eyed lady

I'm looking forward to seeing other posters favorites.

59. “Let me be perfectly clear.”

Same exact words I heard from Claire MacCaskill's office via email response before she/staff told me a whopper.
edit on 9/4/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

241. The Constitution.

Sums it up.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know it's a shameless, self-promoting bump, but this article is too much fun to be buried so quickly.

35. Because his neck must be hurting from keeping his chin up in the air for nearly four years.

36. Because Cass Sunstein boasted about an “unprecedentedly ambitious government-wide review” of regulation that saved only $2 billion per year, or 0.1 percent of the cost of regulatory compliance.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Perhaps people are in denial and just don;t want to hear anything negative about Obama

Excuse me for adding on of my own, forgive me if I skimmed over it and missed these.

690 Michelle Obama Has Spent $10 Million of Our Money on Vacations Over Past Year.

691 Michelle Obama's 26 Servants Cost Taxpayers $1.75 Million A Year ...
(That averages out to $67307.69 per person). So generous she truly is someone else's money).
Let's make her Queen!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Good post Charles1952. If liberals lead by example instead of hypocrisy, they would actually have my respect.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Dear sad_eyed_lady,

Whatever your eyes are like, mine brighten up when I see your posts, thanks.

691 Michelle Obama's 26 Servants Cost Taxpayers $1.75 Million A Year ...
(That averages out to $67307.69 per person). So generous she truly is someone else's money).
Let's make her Queen!

Suddenly, servanthood looks pretty good. Oh, wait just a minute. It just hit me. I'm a little, shall we say, "round?" You're going to have to pay me more than that to eat grass and do jumping jacks all day long.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Dear RELDDIR,

Thank you, very kind of you.

What I like about the list is that they are accurate criticisms, but done with a mocking humor. You could easily make a whole series of bumper stickers from them. Or, maybe a 15-second commercial from each one. That would mean very close to three hours of ads that would help the Romney campaign a lot.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

join