Hallucinations of spiders when you're woken up suddenly? anyone experience this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I was just google-ing about my weird problem assuming i will find none but to my surprise i found so many people just with the same problem. i remember seeing spiders when i was a child and i still see them sometime. now i also see elephants and dogs coming closer to my face

When i was a child i thought may be i have the powers of being a spider woman and hence i get such hints

and i still thought till today may be it has something to do with my previous birth until i get to see this and i am so glad i am not alone.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Have you considered you may be suffering from arachnophobia? I myself have this issue although I have a pet tarantula. For some reason black widows or any scary looking spiders scare me to death. It's a global phenomenon I believe. Terrible little creatures but they are part of the natural food chain. Scary though.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have had sleep awakening hallucinations for a long time, but just recently started seeing spiders upon awakening. They are more like the "scribbles" that another poster described. They start near my head and go off toward a corner of the bedroom wall, running very fast with their long legs. I do have CFS and do not sleep well most nights. I truly thought it was real and went to get some tissues to kill it the first time I saw it, only to find it not there. I stared at it for what seemed like minutes, before I got up and it never moved once it got to that corner. The next morning, the same spiders, only I watched as it ran and seemed to slowly disappear into thin air. I find these so-called hallucinations very disturbing. I also see people, hear sounds, music and sometimes yelling, but the spiders were a first for me. I am glad to know I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ha! I was probably one of those on the med help site! The best I could ever come up with is it was the brain, in a stupor upon waking, trying to make sense of eye floaters. And maybe combined with mild sleep apnea. o_O I stopped worrying about it then...it just stopped.

But yeah, the first half dozen or so times it happened, I was in a bit of a panic.

The best thing to happen was for it to occur early in my marriage and my husband was awake next to me when I awoke in a panic, seeing the spider. He was able to reassure me there was nothing there...prior to that, I had always been alone when it happened so, it was more disconcerting.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If I'm really extra tired ... when I wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night I'll be disorientated .. not knowing who I am, where I am, when I am .... but it'll focus in and be normal after 1/2 a minute or so. I can't say that I've ever seen spiders though .... that's really interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I have had sleep paralysis once or twice in my life. I remember one particularly frightening experience. I dreamt I was driving down a dark road and there was a large black spider in the road blocking it with red glowing eyes. It startled me enough to wake me up, at which point I could not move at all. I dont know if I drifted back to sleep or what, at some point I was awake and could move again. It was very scary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join