Hallucinations of spiders when you're woken up suddenly? anyone experience this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I was just google-ing about my weird problem assuming i will find none but to my surprise i found so many people just with the same problem. i remember seeing spiders when i was a child and i still see them sometime. now i also see elephants and dogs coming closer to my face

When i was a child i thought may be i have the powers of being a spider woman and hence i get such hints

and i still thought till today may be it has something to do with my previous birth until i get to see this and i am so glad i am not alone.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Have you considered you may be suffering from arachnophobia? I myself have this issue although I have a pet tarantula. For some reason black widows or any scary looking spiders scare me to death. It's a global phenomenon I believe. Terrible little creatures but they are part of the natural food chain. Scary though.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have had sleep awakening hallucinations for a long time, but just recently started seeing spiders upon awakening. They are more like the "scribbles" that another poster described. They start near my head and go off toward a corner of the bedroom wall, running very fast with their long legs. I do have CFS and do not sleep well most nights. I truly thought it was real and went to get some tissues to kill it the first time I saw it, only to find it not there. I stared at it for what seemed like minutes, before I got up and it never moved once it got to that corner. The next morning, the same spiders, only I watched as it ran and seemed to slowly disappear into thin air. I find these so-called hallucinations very disturbing. I also see people, hear sounds, music and sometimes yelling, but the spiders were a first for me. I am glad to know I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ha! I was probably one of those on the med help site! The best I could ever come up with is it was the brain, in a stupor upon waking, trying to make sense of eye floaters. And maybe combined with mild sleep apnea. o_O I stopped worrying about it then...it just stopped.

But yeah, the first half dozen or so times it happened, I was in a bit of a panic.

The best thing to happen was for it to occur early in my marriage and my husband was awake next to me when I awoke in a panic, seeing the spider. He was able to reassure me there was nothing there...prior to that, I had always been alone when it happened so, it was more disconcerting.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If I'm really extra tired ... when I wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night I'll be disorientated .. not knowing who I am, where I am, when I am .... but it'll focus in and be normal after 1/2 a minute or so. I can't say that I've ever seen spiders though .... that's really interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I have had sleep paralysis once or twice in my life. I remember one particularly frightening experience. I dreamt I was driving down a dark road and there was a large black spider in the road blocking it with red glowing eyes. It startled me enough to wake me up, at which point I could not move at all. I dont know if I drifted back to sleep or what, at some point I was awake and could move again. It was very scary.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
hi i just joined up, Last night was strange i experienced the exact same thing i was lying in bed trying to get to sleep and saw what look like a small black spider i whacked it away then all of a sudden it grew huge and turned bright red and was crawling up my quilt and it also looked like my quilt was moving in sink with the movement with the legs of the spider i hit it away hoping the vision would go away and all it did was run off then turn back and crawled back towards me. it really freaked me out so slept on the sofa with the light on they only seemed to appear when my light is switched off. oh and im getting tested for narcolepsy hallucinations are common in narcoleptics when falling asleep.
edit on 27-4-2014 by geordiephilip because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-4-2014 by geordiephilip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've experienced this three times this year. The thing is, I never remember waking up. I also can never remember if I was dreaming before I woke up. So that leads me to believe that it happens when you wake up before you start dreaming. You know how when you're not dreaming, and you're just in this vast nothingness and have no sense of time or awareness? My theory is that maybe we're able to connect to their reality when we're in that state of mind, and when we wake up and are still half asleep, we're still somewhat connected to their relm and that's why we're able to see them. Of course, that's just a theory, so feel free to argue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join