It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops Deploying to Persian Gulf ahead of schedule

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

when I heard (about a year ago) that they were cutting troops I was like.
WTF. THERE'S SOME SERIOUS TENSION GOIN ON. WHAT ARE THEY DOING?
like. what ARE they doing? they did it for a reason.

but yes, our troops are spread thin.. draft perhaps?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes the Stennis is departing ahead of schedule. There have been numerous threads about it.

It is going to replace the Enterprise which is scheduled for decommissioning on 01 Dec.

The Eisenhower is on station after replacing the Lincoln back in July.

The Lincoln arrived back in Norfolk on 07 Aug.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

The sheer cost of maintaining the assets at that location makes it so that events should unravel faster from now on, this buildup can not be maintained much longer without a good reason to back it up.

Since the only reason to decrease the presence would be a decline in "threat perception", it becomes obvious that it is all part of some strong-arm type of action that must be conducive to a US supported outcome.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I don't think this is the time politically that anyone..Obama, his friends, would make the choice to go after Iran right now. It would be bbbaaaaddddd for them to make that decision when other Powerful Countires are standing behind Iran right now and have warned against it.

If anything...they need a false flag...a reason for everyone to say....charge. They don't have that right now. IMO

Didn't I see a news article that says Obama warns Iran that if it goes to war w/ Israel to stay away from American bases...could a base be in trouble of???????

do you honestly think that iran would hesitate to launch a nuclear strike on israel?...they have openly said they want them annilated off the face of the earth...one nuke landing on tel aviv and it's all over my friend. the country is the size of delaware, you figure it out. what is with the hatred of jews on this site? is everyone wanting the islamists to take over israel? or what would be left of it? israel is constantly attacked, and has been in a constant state of fear for over 50 years. it only has a population of 8 million people, about the size (in population terms) of the san francisco bay area in california, it's not some large country like turkey, iran, or iraq, with tens of millions of people spread out around the country.
edit on 3-9-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Politically, they have already won. Romney and Obama are the same evil... their only threat was Ron Paul and hes out of the way now.

Game on

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
GAME ON?
My thoughts as well......There little chance of turning this ship in time to avoid a Head on with the eyetollyas.....
Isreal snaps at the leash like some rabid dog....and even The Saudis have thrown their typical caution to the wind.....
They are in it to win it now.....Irans a done turkey......
Bibbi he figures a month should flatten the place and ruin the infrastructure sufficiently to keep iran busy repairing the toilets for many years to come....never mind building bombs.....
What, if any will the backlash be i wonder?
Here i think False flags will be used to put fear and compliance into the hearts of the feint, as well as cow the fiercest anti gov boys....
And if we try to stop these barstids they declare the old martial law number they seem poised to do anyways....
The window is closing for an attack, however , and the election is possibly hingeing on such a move.....
The only thing now is the timing.....and id give the Stennis a week or so to get shook down and in position.....
After that there will be a three week prime time window......imho.....
So we will be in the thoes of it before a month is out....??
Strange to contemplate how many lives will snuff and how many others will be irretrievably destroyed so very soon.....
Id say there is a slim chance of a 9/11 type counter attack....but over here in lalaland itll seem like a big CNN special.....just like Libya....what a set up we are getting.....when things get really #ty the US people are mostly just gonna fall of a cliff ......Only YOU know how ready YOU are....but how about yer neighbours?
Its very possible we may lose a few cities before it ends.....to Iranians?naw.....
To a FF maybe....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here we go again.....

It might have already been mentioned. Stennis is replacing Enterprise. Ike just got on station, early this month., Lincoln should be on it's way home if not home already.

So you have 2 carrers, as normal, in the region. You will briefly have 3 between the Stennis/Enterprise change over. They can/could keep Big E out there a few extra weeks, and it wouldn't surprise me if they do until the election, since Israel is playing coy about what they might do during election time in regards to a strike.

But otherwise this is usual rotation.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by tracehd1
I don't think this is the time politically that anyone..Obama, his friends, would make the choice to go after Iran right now. It would be bbbaaaaddddd for them to make that decision when other Powerful Countires are standing behind Iran right now and have warned against it.

If anything...they need a false flag...a reason for everyone to say....charge. They don't have that right now. IMO

Didn't I see a news article that says Obama warns Iran that if it goes to war w/ Israel to stay away from American bases...could a base be in trouble of???????

do you honestly think that iran would hesitate to launch a nuclear strike on israel?...they have openly said they want them annilated off the face of the earth...one nuke landing on tel aviv and it's all over my friend. the country is the size of delaware, you figure it out. what is with the hatred of jews on this site? is everyone wanting the islamists to take over israel? or what would be left of it? israel is constantly attacked, and has been in a constant state of fear for over 50 years. it only has a population of 8 million people, about the size (in population terms) of the san francisco bay area in california, it's not some large country like turkey, iran, or iraq, with tens of millions of people spread out around the country.
edit on 3-9-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

Well aren't you some ignorant piece of work?

Iran does not want 'Israel' wiped off the map. They want the Israeli Government (who have bullied their way through the Mid East since the 60s) gone.

Also, they don't 'hate the Jews' or anything like it. They hate the Zionists. Heck, Iran has the LARGEST population of Jews outside of Israel in the region and one of the largest world wide.

You clearly do not have ANY clue what you are talking about so it would be best if you just left.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
that is alot of fire power ,just for posturing...check it out but times this by 3 or 4
picture of abe lincoln battle group

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've taken the liberty of answering for that guy.

Originally posted by Trajan
Well aren't you some ignorant piece of work?

Very mature. Starting out your claims by insulting.

Iran does not want 'Israel' wiped off the map. They want the Israeli Government (who have bullied their way through the Mid East since the 60s) gone.

Translations (to their famous "Israel must vanish" speech) aside, I truly wonder how are they going to achieve getting rid of the Israeli government other than combat means, and how are they going to use these combat means while they are pretty far away - oh right, long range rockets.
Somehow I doubt that in the case of war, civil places won't be targeted by the rocket range of Iran. Or are you actually convinced they are going to lob a single missile at the Knesset in order to try and kill as many government members as possible in one hit?

Also, they don't 'hate the Jews' or anything like it. They hate the Zionists. Heck, Iran has the LARGEST population of Jews outside of Israel in the region and one of the largest world wide.

They have the LARGEST NK population of Jews, who are highly opposite to the existence of the Israeli state. No wonder they are so welcome there.
Disclaimer - the subject has been beaten to death and back a crapload of times by myself alone on ATS.

You clearly do not have ANY clue what you are talking about so it would be best if you just left.

YOU clearly have no idea what you're talking about, else you'd know better than to mention NK due to the simple fact that their ideology is basically going to make a quick shift once their supposed Messiah arrives, and once that happens and they express their support for a Jewish state in Israel (complete opposite of what they are doing now), I'd like to see Iran's approach towards them.

So yeah, if you have no clue what you're talking about it's best that you just leave.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
that is alot of fire power ,just for posturing...check it out but times this by 3 or 4
picture of abe lincoln battle group

I'd have t go look at a list, but that looks bigger than a normal CBG. They either have added on a destroyer squadron, Reserve ships, or allies are steaming with that group. There are also 4 subs. Most carrier groups have one, maybe two, depending on mission.

I think that picture is in Wiki under "carrier battle group"....but it still looks like a few to many ships.

BUT, your about right, that times 3.....

edit on 5-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: more info

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsblownbackbaby
reply to post by wWizard

What are you talking about it being hearsay? There is the link to the local San Diego newspaper, the carrier left yesterday. Geez.

Some people seem so "heck bent" on being skeptics that they will begin to type their emotive response before clicking a link or thinking a think. I've always found it irony worthy of laughter, that many of these are so adamant and pre-judgmental in their views, it begins to resemble FAITH -- a thing most skeptics scoff at with disdain.

And yes, it has looked like something's been brewing over there for a while....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Soon enough you will have our resident navel expert come here and tell us this is just the swapping out of Carriers for refueling. And that this is all normal. To be honest he has been right many a times in the past. As has been stated before this is just the regular trade off, so that there is always a two carrier presence in the gulf at all times. I would be worried if it gets there and becomes a parking lot, but I'm sure as in the past one will arrive, and one will be on it's way to give the men and women aboard a much needed set of downtime.

But as I said if it becomes a parking lot and not just a change over, then I feel we should be worried, till the all speculation.

SaneThinking

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join