It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans are bad for the economy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Only in a government dependent's wet dream would that ever happen. The Republican party freed the slaves, abolished segregation and passed legislation to enable the disabled to become more independent (ADA). It is the Democrats that want everything to be free except people (using other people's money).

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Today's Republican party is not your grandparents Republican party.

2nd

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
who created the federal reserve?

democrats.

how about
the income tax?
social security?
medicare?
medicaid?
welfare?
foodstamps?
the department of non-energy?
the department of no-education?
democrats.

all of which are complete failures, and create dependency.

now who spends too much money?
democrats....

the democrat party is the party of GOVERNMENT.

Here we go again........hahahaha

"all of which are complete failures, and create dependency."

I believe that statement is just inaccurate and wrong.
I by no means agree with you on that. Social Security
is exactly that, security.
I know many folks who are solely surviving off of SS. Folks who worked
their ass off and did not take advantage of the system. Folks that weren't lucky enough
to be trust fund babies or had the wonderful opportunity to be wealthy.
Without SS they would be on the streets.
But I guess you're just better then those poor folks and have got your s@#t together.
I'm glad you're wealthy enough where you don't need to use any of those poor people's programs.
Hurray for you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're NEVER going to convince the other side.
People are so prideful and stubborn that most will never admit their party is wrong.
(even if there's evidence to suggest otherwise)
They live on Denial Island.
I've learned that most don't like to admit they're wrong.(or their party is wrong)
They would rather cut off there fingers then swallow their pride.
I can see points on either side.
Personally, I think most politicians in office are out to destroy
the world all in the name of greed,money and power.
There used to be a difference in parties. Not anymore.
I still think republicans take the cake for being
more ruthless though. Just watch the most recent RNC.
Not only are they ruthless but they turned their
back on their own party.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Today's Republican party is not your grandparents Republican party.

2nd

You certainly should have told Robert Byrd that. You know ... since the parties "switched" and all that jazz ...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 3-9-2012 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
If Republicans are at fault for all economic problems in the last 50 years how do you explain...

Jimmy Carter?

The rise of Ronald Regan?

Who was it that signed NAFTA again?

Who signed us up for GATT under the WTO?

Point is, I can go on and on and on about how Democrats have done us no favors, but the truth is it would not matter one bit. You are obviously all wrapped up in blaming one side over another that no matter what I say, prove or show you- you will probably refuse to acknowledge that our economic woes are a result of bad policy brought on by BOTH parties.
edit on 3-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

What about Carter? He created 10 million jobs and had a national debt of only 930 billion. Reagan took over and thanks to his voodoo economics left a debt of 3.12 trillion. The national debt went up 186% under him.

edit on 3-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You had me at the threads title.

Greed, Power, makes the USA go around now. not doing the right thing.
Puppet Presidents, R.R, G.B.sr and G.B jr let the big business get away with every thing in the 80's early 90's and 2000's
Lobbist, oil companies, along with low/small fines for companies that screw the American peoples envirements up,
fastfood additude/thinking towards everything, wanting it yesterday thinking is killing livelihoods

Both sides of the isle have their problems but the idea of trickle down money from the rich doesn't work.

there are more people closer to poverty from the middle class then ever before.
Wars that we couldn't be won. Because the people that we were/are there to protect still don't want us there.
Policies that have no reason but to keep money in the hands of people that don't know how to manage it.
The Fed. Res. that won't open their books don't help.

oh if I didn't have Soc.Sec. Dis. Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare and Foodstamps where would my 2 daughters and I be ? on the streets? in a shelter? split up? jail? or worse?

I had worked from the time I was 16, until my injury in 2009 I'm now 44 , so without these programs alot of people would be without the very daily needs to live includeing me and my kids.
I don't know who said these programs were wasteful of whatever.
without them the US would be worse off then it is now.
if I were you I'd be thankful these programs are in place. or there would be alot more money spent on jails to house the millions that are on these programs

I read somewhere that it cost $40,000 a year to house a prisoner, I think it could be more or less not sure.
I'm sure not useing that much in aid from these programs a year. I get less then 1100 a month for my SSD
I would be better off working a minum wage job 40 hours a week, but I can't even wash dishes regularly so how could I work a job?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

as people get more educated the Republican party will eventually die out

Why do you think the republicans want to get rid of public education and make everyone have ten kids they won't have time or money to educate?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Another thread with people attacking each other between Republicans and Democrats. I though it was well known that they are two sides of the same coin. Just attacking at different angles and leading the blind people to the ATM with PIN in hand....STOP IT! We need real ideas to break the spell and move forward....DEMS = CROOKS REPUBS = CROOKS

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What is it with thread after thread on ATS of all places, buying into the left vs right theater enacted by those behind the scenes?

We discuss this all the time, but apparently people ignore it when making threads. There is no true left vs right problem. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans will fix our problems with the current state of our government. It's a facade, a show, pure theater so those who don't truly understand what is going on will blindly get sucked into the fabricated left vs right argument, while both sides represent the same interests and the powerful elite running everything behind the scenes.

How is it that on ATS, where we regularly discuss who owns the politicians and the media, some seem to forget at a drop of a dime and jump right back into blaming the other side?

It's getting to be ridiculous.

The people caught up in bashing Obama or bashing Romney, thinking they're doing good, are really one of the biggest problems we have going as a country, as the fight they think they're so courageously fighting, isn't even real, and they aren't helping anyone aside from those pulling the strings behind the scenes, who control both sides of the aisle.
edit on 3-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Banks are unhealthy for the economy, it has nothing to do with the politicians anymore and hasnt' since the removal of Glass Steagall.

Mind you the banks have always been unhealthy for the ecomony IMO and have been since the inception of the money changers over 2,000 ago.

The first part is true.
The Glass-Steagall Act, while sponsored by 2 Democrats, was also repealed by a Democrat, Bill Clinton.
But that was back in 1999... why didn't Republicans re-inact it when they had the chance?

The second part is a bit problematic.
Where do small and middle-class businesses get loans if not from the banks?
No middle-class growth means no growth at all.

OT:
Democrats lost me when Obama came to Berlin and had the nerves to critizise our economic recovery plan, while his own numbers were in the toilet.

On the other hand, today's Republicans do not care about numbers either, which is very odd for "true conservatives" IMO.

Everything seems to be about "freedom" and "American exceptionalism" now, while it's debatable (to say the least) whether both still exist.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Republicans=democrats. Nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Seriously both sides are just as bad. Your precious democrats are no better and no worse than the republicans. The problem with politicians is politicians! None of them have their noses clean, none of them are any good for the people. The two party system will be the death of us all! Please don't be so shortsighted as to think that the democrats are any better than the republicans just because some of the things they claim they stand for are the same as which you stand for. In the end they are all the same damn thing and they have little to nothing to do with the people.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Borrowed this illustration about the illusion of choice from another thread:

Source

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I don't consider myself a Democrat or a Republican but I honestly believe the Republican party is what's holding back the U.S. from achieving so many great things.

I'm just astonished that a party that is so ignorant about Science can remain relevant in the politics of the U.S. I have no doubt in my mind that as people get more educated the Republican party will eventually die out or at least be confined to small areas of the U.S.
edit on 9/3/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

You can't be serious. Obama has gutted NASA, does nothing but expand the welfare state, that is not exactly advancing science. Obviously, Obama has been a complete failure.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Bush de funded NASA and ended the shuttle program, google it of you don't believe me. obama has had to make cutbacks on NASA because the country is broke. the reason more people are on public assistance is that the economy is terrible. but he inherited a catastrophe. what should he do, let then starve in the streets? I guess that's what Ayn Rand would recommend, right?
edit on 4-9-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
I am sick and tired of Republicans talking about how they will "fix" the economy, when they are responsible for most of the economic downturns of the past 50 years.

edit on 3-9-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

You have just demonstrated a very good point. A partisan point. It's always about Dems versus Republican. Neither decides to accept another party's plan. There is no compromise, no working together. That is why we are failing as a country. Dems are free-spenders yet you attack Republicans. We have to work together and stop nit-picking just because we claim different parties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join