It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars and Stripes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The "Grand Old Party" seems to have forgotten the protocol, or at least the inference for it, when using stars on any kind of images or graphics it is using for its party. And this is distressing, because if this kind of behavior is disregarded, the inference would be to ask what else are "they" disregarding in reference to the United States of America.

For one, the use of the 3 stars on the GOP logo and banners of its website is simply ignorant and illustrates this party's lack of attention to detail and being ignorant to simple matters of protocol which spell-out this very clearly.

STARS POINT UP, NOT DOWN:

When the flag is completely folded, the stars point upwards, which remind the American of his national motto, "In God We Trust".[55][57][58] After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a tricorne hat, reminding the American of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States.

When folding the flag, each fold has a meaning, not officially now, but it was implemented once but from protest the Pentagon quit forcing the interpretation. But the inference is there that it is indeed meant to infer.

Of the 12 folds of a flag in a funeral, Wikipedia states:

"Fold Twelve The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.[55][57][58]

So, again, GOP, exactly why are you ignoring this inference, when it plainly has been in use for decades if not centuries? Americans want to know.

Care to enlighten the public on why the GOP use inverted stars, which do not infer homage or respect to "In God We Trust," because the reverse-use of which would infer that you trust some other deity other than God? Enlighten us please. The GOP's lack of respect is very disturbing even if it doesn't have any religious connotation, which any use of the stars or flag which is improper, does signify this disrespect.

FLAG PROTOCOL

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

These are the things that really matter in an election to run a country, really?

I would be more interested in what policies are being put forward, mind you does it matter.... in a democracy you have a choice... of 2 people, and 2 people I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. Think of the thousands of potential great leaders there are and then look at the 2 people you have to choose from.... crazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Thank you for your comment. I can appreciate your agonizing decision on which to choose-from out of the two.

But, if critical details as this are not remembered or adhered-to, would you want this type of candidate in office?

That's your choice. But attention to detail is important, as it is lacking sorely in our citizenry and official offices. The lack of "care" is significant and vigilance is needed each day to ensure that we are not "misrepresented" in gross proportions.

I'm not telling anyone how to vote or choose, just illustrating a point.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Did you vote in 2008? If so, then you "agreed by consent to be governed," by that vote. Whatever happens does not matter since you agreed to it by consent.

As for not trusting them as far as you can throw them is irrelevant since you've already consented.

If you didn't vote, then perhaps you have a legitimate grievance.

If you would like to change it, why not run for office and make new policy?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Thank you... I understand where you are coming from and it is a valid point and good spot.

I think I've passed the point of caring now, whoever is put in power is not my choice.

Good post btw... I'm just being apathetic.

Edit to answer you second post: Even if I did have my own policies I wouldn't get the funding to run for POTUS... I don't have the necessary contacts and I have to put food on the table before I can put food on the table for others.

IMO the leaders of parties are 'chosen' from a certain pool.... one that most people are not swimming in.

edit on 3-9-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Even if our ship will sink, this is a test of character. Those who are uncaring and unwilling to make the best of a bad to worse situation will look back and know that indeed this was a test of character and they have failed.

top topics

join