It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry "Drags" Cheney's Gay Daughter into the Political Fray

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i'm to sorry all you angry republicans out there, but if cheney is going march along with his party and try to restrict the lives of so many people just becuase of something I can only see as ignorant hatred..well maybe he shouldf explain why he has such a double standard.

"At a campaign rally in Davenport, Iowa, on Tuesday, Cheney spoke supportively about gay relationships, saying "freedom means freedom for everyone," when asked about his stand on gay marriage."

Cheney Does His Own Thing

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Did anyone think Kerry made a cheapshot at Dick Cheney and his gay daugher?

Isn't all of this political mudslinging considered a 'cheapshot'? Both sides are guilty of it and that is undeniable. But if you want to get into it Kerry was using an example to prove a point. Granted his argument is cleverly twisted:

If Bush/Chaney says that gay marriage is wrong, then they are going against there own family. If Bush/Chaney says that it is right, then they are going against their concept of family values.

Some times you really should make up your mind if you are the rock or the hard place. So to answer the question more directly, NO! What Kerry said is no worse then anything else in this pitiful election.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This election is fantastic,
We have three kinds of beliefs in this election. Those on the left, those on the right, and those that don't care.
Chaney made it clear in his debate, he follows the presedent, because of his leadership. If any of us dissect the issues. Are views would differ from issue to issue. But when you add them all together a compromise must take place. The only side bar to this, is single issue voters. IE..anti-abortion, gun control, gay marriage.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Mary Beth Cahill this morning on Fox News: "Cheney's daughter is fair game."

Nothing but a pre-planned cheap shot from Kerry. And before that, his ambulance-chasing running mate making the same cheap shot.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You know, I personally feel that those who are extremely politically entrenched in either of the major parties, don't really understand how much Kerry could have shot himself in the foot on this.

There are certain things that hit people's hearts...people's children being attacked is one of them. A parent, who kind of walks on eggshells through their children's upbringing, knowing full well that any number of "surprises" can hit you full-tilt at any given moment understands that there are certain things about the "person" they are assisting to reach maturity, that they really have little to no impact on.

Sexual orientation would be one of those.

Kerry's statement I SWEAR TO YOU, hit some parents right square in the heart. But not only that, him using the statement shows that in his mind, having a child that has chosen a gay/lesbian lifestyle is "black mark" on a parent....oh, what a hypocrite. what a nasty, low-down, child-bashing hypocrite.

I'm almost certain he's the antichrist.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Methinks the lady Dubya doth protest a little too much...with all that anti Gay Marriage rhetoric done soley as smoke and mirrors for the Bible Belt American Dumbed-Down Masses who like to use words like "Abomination" when it comes to males-lying-with-males-as-with-females (whatever that means) but do not know their Toq'ebot from their Mitzvot....if it penetrated them...

I am referring of course to the current holder of the office of the "President" of the US ....and his rather shall we say "chequered" sexual history since Yale...which if it ever did come out......well...!!!

Hmmmm..all those wisecracks about how "handsome" his interns are...makes one think....well, no wonder he wants to (shall we say) deflect some public attention away from, well, all of his "pubic attentions."

And poor Mary Cheney. YHWH the clan god of post Exilic Israel must really be at a crossroads about what to do with her---what with her daddy such an ardent supporter of killing "Amalekites" in Gaza, like the Extermination Policies of Deuteronomy chapter 20 and chapter 13 specify...

Come to think about it, Dumm-Dumm-Dubya is rather reticent too on Mary Cheney's lesbianism and what exactly to do about it (an excorcism perhaps?)...

And Cheney and his wife are both rather reticent (to a point) about Mary Cheney's lesbianism...at least they do not seem to be calling Dubya a numnutz to his face on TV about the gay marriage bill he seems to be dangling infront of the "I can't read a single word of Paleo Hebrew, but I believe every word of it because my Mommy tells me to" Bible Belt in the US....

I seem to remember the 2002 "snuffed dead-by-Anthrax-Powder" reporter Mr Stevens of AMI (American Media International of Boca Raton FL, you know--- the Parent Company of almost every one of those ridiculous "Elvis-Is-Still-Alive" rags you see on the grocery checkout stands in the US

e.g. The National Enquirer, the Sun,the Globe, the Herald etc. yes, yes !! they're all owned by the same "people".....only in America does even rag-"information" have to be controlled and censored by the same groups too !!)

had some (shall we say) "incriminating pictures of a naked Dubya" in his shall we say "Initiatioin" into Skull and Bones where he is llying in the buff in a coffin with (shall we say) a ribbon tied around his (shall we say) "little thingy" and also a few shots of him lying (again quite naked) in the same Skull&Bones ritual "coffin" with his "Bones Males Life Mate" in (shall we say )compromising positions (but we'll omit the word "Sodomy" here)...

Funny how Mr Stevens mysteriously shall we say "died" a few days befroe he was going to publish those snaps of Mr Bush when he was a drunk 21 year old going through his initiation ceremony...but with these pics, no wonder someone Snuffed the Stevens....

Or maybe ...there's more to the rumours of Mr Bush and other men than meets the ear in the US...

Now about whatever happened to Mr Steven's snapshots...I sure hope his estate kept the negatives...('course I'd dust them first before I'd touch them if I were you....!!)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
You know, I personally feel that those who are extremely politically entrenched in either of the major parties.....
.......I'm almost certain he's the antichrist.

He showed his true nature...he's scum.

- Yeah, nothing entrenched, unreasonable, excessive or just plain old OTT (over the top) about your views at all Valhall, right?

Bush's fanclub are very good (if rather transparent) about attacking their opponents individual strengths and for the very things Bush is vulnerable on.

Shame, for them, they tend to grossly over do it though....every time.

It just makes it all too obvious and removes the 'strength' of the tactic.

As for this issue regarding gay people Bush's hypocracy couldn't be clearer.....and anyone who really wanted to get into Cheney's family background could really go to town.

Having kids just to avoid a war....go check it, it's practically to the month....how low is that?

(no doubt Rove & Co. would love to be able to accuse Kerry of that)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- Yeah, nothing entrenched, unreasonable, excessive or just plain old OTT (over the top) about your views at all Valhall, right?

Oh...I'm sorry, where was the contract that said I had to sign away my convictions in order to participate on this board?

Or was there some recent mandate that if your views don't agree with sminkystinkypinky's you shouldn't be sharing them?

If either of these have happened...I totally missed it, right along with your point when you made that off-topic comment up there.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Oh...I'm sorry, where was the contract that said I had to sign away my convictions in order to participate on this board?

- No where. I just found your own excessive comments funny as you were commenting on others going OTT.

Or was there some recent mandate that if your views don't agree with sminkystinkypinky's you shouldn't be sharing them?

- Ooooooh, name calling now is it? LOL.

I just posted a comment. You could try calming down and relaxing a little.

If either of these have happened...I totally missed it, right along with your point when you made that off-topic comment up there.

- A lie down in a darked room for a while might help.....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
If you want to "drag people out" for political gain, don't act all upset when it's turned back around on you.

For one, the Cheneys daughter was already "out". The opposition to Gay marriage is a party platform and Bush/Cheney have stuck to thier guns on. I don't agree with it mind you, but at leasest they have stayed consisten on the issue. Your attitude on this issue reminds me of the group "Act Up" all rhetoric, and no substance.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh Boo Hoo. That poor little lamb, that Kerryman is evil for dragging this poor girl out of the closet. Urgh, I feel an F-Bomb coming on.

Shame on Bush, not Kerry. Everyone and their dog knows that Mary Cheney is a Lesbian, she is out and she is proud, as she should be.

What people should be more critical of is the Gay Marriage amendment that has caused Gay unions and same sex marriages to become a political football. All these people want to do is be happy with their partner and have a state recognise what they have for each othe but of course, us straights can't have that.

Why is it marriage is between a man and a woman? The bible says so? Well the Bible says alot of things, you know, execute your neighbour if he covets your wife, I hear the Government doesn't take kindly to that one. Tradition you say? Well it was tradition that we burned "witches" at the stake but we don't do that anymore do we. So whats the beef with the same sex marriage stuff? It seems that some people feel threatened by Gay marriage and see it as a devaluer to "straight" marriage.

Lets face it, if anyone needs a slapping on the Gay issue it's the Republican party. They have consistently trivialised Gay relationships and used it as a source of red meat to keep their base happy.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Amadeus, sminkeypinkey, others...

You can try deflect the issue by turning the Kerry/Edwards/Cahill cheap shot into a spin on hypocrisy, but it won't work. Bringing a candidate's offspring into a political debate is a sign of desperation and the mark of a loser. So go on and keep defending your boy's mud. It will only stick to him and his ambulance-chasing running mate. Fitting that Amadeus should bring up his library of reading material - that's where Kerry's/Edward's/Cahill's comments belong.

Valhall, you're right about the visceral reaction of defending one's child from injury of any kind. People that stoop that low are scum.

[EDIT: add 'debate']

[edit on 14-10-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
if anyone needs a slapping on the Gay issue it's the Republican party. They have consistently trivialised Gay relationships and used it as a source of red meat to keep their base happy.

- 100% correct.

In fact it would be frighteningly funny to contrast the 'grass roots' attitudes prevalent in the mass membership of todays republican party to the (attempt at) smooth words from the visible figures.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It strange, even the MSM talking heads claimed that this was over the line. Democrats who support Kerry will see nothing wrong with this. Others see it as a slap at the President and the VP. Why did Kerry and Edwards bring in family members into the debate? As far as I know, no one has said anything about Kerry's kids or Edwards' other than to praise them. It seemed like a mean spirited attack, and most Main Stream Media talking heads agreeed that this was a line that should not have been crossed. I do not approve of a lot of things that President Bush has done. I will be the first one in line to condeme those things I find wrong in the administration. I refuse to be a blind lemming like most of you Dems on this site. Kerry always Good, Bush always Bad no matter what.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If we all notice that it's the republicans that are making gay an issue around the planet. The homophobe republicans are the ones who caused this whole issue to be front and center in the first place.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Not so, it was democratic advocate judges who brought this issue forward. You obviously did not listen to the debates. I tend to agree with Rudy Guiliani on this issue and as he stated last night that this issue was a result of judges who intended to make laws instead of judging law. You seem to think that there are nor Gay republicans? are you sugguesting that a person's sexual orientation is a litmus test on his political choice?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here's the deal. It is obvious that Cheney's daughter is gay. She has not hidden it, and of course it's been brought up in previous debates. So it's not that Kerry was exposing some deep dark family secret. BUT, it was the intent of Kerry and his pointing out of the fact. When he brought it up, he was pretending to use it as a compliment to the "courage" of the Cheney family. But is was SOOOOOOOOO obvious that it was really meant to hurt Bush and the conservative people voting for him and Cheney, who oppose the gay lifestyle. Anyone who thinks Kerry was being genuine in his compliment is a FOOL!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Actually the judges are only listening to what the population is saying. The gay people wanted to get married so they tried to. The republicans freaked out and Marilyn Musgrave decided to write a bill to make it against the law for gays to marry. If I remember right Musgrave is a Colorado Republican.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
If we all notice that it's the republicans that are making gay an issue around the planet. The homophobe republicans are the ones who caused this whole issue to be front and center in the first place.

- 100% correct.

If they could get off of their high-horses every time someone different comes along and simply accord everyone equal rights there'd be no issue over this.

Why shouldn't gay people 'marry' or 'divorce' in a similar manner to everyone else? Why shouldn't they have access to the same inheritence rights etc etc for partners?

....because what?

As for the (again, typical, gross over-) reaction to Cheney & daughter?

I'd suggest this is a response from those who understand fully just how big a bunch of hypocrites certain senior republicans will be seen as when the public get a little reminder of how things are (in reality) 'at home'.

After all the dubious crap they've slung at Kerry and family over the last many months they have the gaul to cry like babies when a single instance of the republicans' (in general) and Cheney's (personal) hypocritical nature is revealed (yet again)!

Oh boo hoo hoo.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
"Lets face it, if anyone needs a slapping on the Gay issue it's the Republican party. They have consistently trivialised Gay relationships and used it as a source of red meat to keep their base happy."

I think both parties need a slapping. Democracy = mob rule, and they are all trying to cater to their mobs, not to do what's best for the country. The gay marriage issue is a good example. It gets voted down, so the supporters say it's because not enough of them voted or it was unfair somehow. If it were passed, those against it would say the same thing. If 51% of the people want one thing and 49% come out to support the opposite thing, then half the country gets screwed. They both preach to their own choir while winking at the opposing choir to try and bring them over.

As far as this issue goes, maybe he brought her up to remind the anti-gay types that there's a fox in their own henhouse. Maybe he brought it up to emphasize that even the 2nd in command's family is dealing with this issue. Maybe he meant nothing by it or his intent was more sinister. In the end it just doesn't matter. The Cheney's have made it a public issue and once that happens it's up for grabs. It's not like a young child was attacked. She's a grown woman who has made her preferences known. In the cause for gay rights, I think any publicity that's done without negativity is good publicity. I didn't see anything Kerry said as being negative or malicious. The terminology of hate wasn't there, nor was the suggestion. It was a simple statement. Perhaps bad taste, but I think without malice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join