It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not Now, WHEN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am independent, I have voted both Republican and Democrat. I have supported RP recently although he hasn't clearly defined the rate of change in Fed governance and Military withdrawal to my liking.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and telling him about the GOP corruption (He pretends to be in the know but only watches MSM). I was telling him I won't vote for Romney because of GOP shenanigans and he expressed his concern of “If we don't vote for Romney, we will split the party and have 4 more years of Obama. I tried to reason but I am a slow thinker and as usual it didn't come to me until tonight.

Before I go on, I must admit for maybe a whole day, I thought I would vote for Romney because he really seems to be a caring person. Then I realized 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss'. Same direction, different path. Both with powerful corrupt machines behind them. Then there is “who is really the boss”.

I am a mother and a grandmother. I can recall other years where others and myself have said, but if we don't vote for X then Y will continue.

X and Y are corrupt. But we close our eyes because we are worried about the “next 4 years”. How about the rest of your life? How about your children and grandchildren?

If you don't like the choices but are voting for one over the other because you will be stuck with someone you don't like less than the other you don't like ,then I say again, IF NOT NOW, WHEN?

I REALIZED THAT IF WE ARE VOTING FOR THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS AND FAIL TO SPEAK UP FOR WHAT WE BELIVE, REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS, WE ARE VOTING FOR OUSELVES THE NEXT 4 YEARS, AND IGNORING THE FUTURE OR OUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN. It is only a concern for us, right here, right now. Changes are slow and hard fought. BUT IF WE DON'T DO IT NOW, THEN WHEN? In 4 more years we will be saying the same thing.

End of Rant.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I like your rant, now i live in Australia and pretty much the exact same thing is happening here, The centre left party takes over for a few years, wastes a whole bucket load of money, backflips on their promises, leaves the country in a wreck, the centre right party comes in, vowes to bring the budget back into surplus, they cut heaps of jobs and services, they actually do bring the budget back to surplus then the public turn their back on them because they arnt socially progressive. its just like a revolving door. Australia desperatly needs someone like Ron Paul because we cant go on like this aswell. I have been watching the Presidential race here in Australia and i have never seen so much bias and censorship in my life! its crazy! i thought we lived in the free world!

anywho end of rant

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I choose now!
I don't have any other choice.
Do any of you really have another choice???

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Now is the only thing that is real.

Why choose? The choice has been made for you and broken into pills. Either pill leads to the decision that has already been made.

Quit playing along and quit voting. It really is pointless.

If we change our perspective, we may find ways of changing our outlook, by fighting back somehow by dissing the system.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Unfortunately mankind has not evolved beyond the point of requiring a government. Governments require leaders. Fortunately we can chose ours. Unfortunately, there is always going to be some level of incompetence and corruption at almost all levels. Politics is always a game of give and take. The country needs corporations and the jobs and products they supply. Therefore the government and corporations need to work together. I think both parties are too focused on placing blame for the current situation rather than actually trying to fix it. I think I just don't care anymore. I am not voting this year.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Lol what kind of kool aid were you drinking to think that Romney was a caring person?

The guy is as fake as they come, his yacht is registered in the cayman islands and flies the cayman island's flag. He does not give a crap about you or me or the middle poor/class.

Not voting will not change a damn thing as there are plenty of sheeple out there to vote. We deserve the current government that we have, because we sit here and come up with these threads every day but we never do anything. These threads will continue and we will continue to get shafted
edit on 9/2/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
aussieliberty90

I have been watching the Presidential race here in Australia and i have never seen so much bias and censorship in my life! its crazy! i thought we lived in the free world!

So, seems Australia is just like the US.

Thing is we have to DO something. I know no one of importance, have no influence, so where does that leave us but at the voting booth. We have to Speak up to family and friends and on forums or however, somewhere, anything.

deadeyedick

I choose now! I don't have any other choice. Do any of you really have another choice???

Well, seems some would think so.

That is my point, we do if we choose to in whatever way possible.

TimesUp

Now is the only thing that is real. Why choose? The choice has been made for you and broken into pills. Either pill leads to the decision that has already been made. Quit playing along and quit voting. It really is pointless. If we change our perspective, we may find ways of changing our outlook, by fighting back somehow by dissing the system.

I agree the decision has been made, but to not allow your voice to be heard in some way is irresponsible. It may not got far but at least you spoke.

So what perspective to you propose to change?

At this point, seems to me the only way to dis the system is to work within the system. But I, as are others, are always open to suggestions.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Exactly! we DO need to speak up and show the public what we are capable of doing, i do happen to know people of importance due to my days in one of Australia's major political parties. I believe in Australia we can make a difference and hopefully over the next 15 months leading up to our next federal election, we are able to start to shape Australia's political outlook! We are reinvigorating the libertarian party within Australia (the Liberal Democratic Party LDP) and hopefully people come on board because we cant go on and on and on like this, politics is a game and we can play it just as well as anyone else.
edit on 2-9-2012 by aussieliberty90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I was listening to MSM. Shows how easily you can be swayed if you don't have an alternative source like ATS or others.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Lol what kind of kool aid were you drinking to think that Romney was a caring person?

The guy is as fake as they come, his yacht is registered in the cayman islands and flies the cayman island's flag. He does not give a crap about you or me or the middle poor/class.

Not voting will not change a damn thing as there are plenty of sheeple out there to vote. We deserve the current government that we have, because we sit here and come up with these threads every day but we never do anything. These threads will continue and we will continue to get shafted
edit on 9/2/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

I disagree my friend. If we vote now there is not much we can do. But if enough of us don't vote... Well imagine what will happen when someone comes along who deserves and gets our vote... Then things will really change...

new topics

top topics

join