It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cardinal says Catholic Church '200 years out of date'" lol what about...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Dead Cardinal has his last words about his institution being out of step with the times. I find that hilarious

First read the article

ROME (Reuters) - The former archbishop of Milan and papal candidate Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini said the Catholic Church was "200 years out of date" in his final interview before his death, published on Saturday. Martini, once favoured by Vatican progressives to succeed Pope John Paul II and a prominent voice in the church until his death at the age of 85 on Friday, gave a scathing portrayal of a pompous and bureaucratic church failing to move with the times.

Read on here if you wish> news.yahoo.com...

So what about all the monarchs around the world

Such as the royal families of England, Holland, Saudi Arabia, Jordan etc. and all there colonial era nonsense.

Then there is extreme 8th century Muslims.

How about north Korea and Cuba? Stuck in the dynastic era in the name of Marxism.

Or how about here in the U.S. being stuck in part in the gilded age with the GOP and the other part stuck in the Roman era with militarily conquests?

Makes the Catholic Church look pretty modern in my eyes.

At least they give a darn about the poor and their Pope lives in a modest apartment in Vatican City. All their administrators live modestly, priests, monks, bishops, cardinals down line from the pope.

Oh yeah the Mormons, don't forget them. The gilded age, Roman conquest, and BC living.
They have caveman living covered.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Brave words indeed for a man of Faith who was about to meet the real head of the Church any time. For his sake, I hope he was right in terms of how the little meeting before St Peter went. I'd imagine that wasn't a statement the Big Guy was going to be in the mood to hear 'out of context' about.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As long as it was about being economically progressive as all indications from the Bible seem to outline God's thinking that wealth and opportunity should "move from the middle out." - BHO I mean the Big Guy uses a meritocracy model for growing his Earth garden, the biosphere, using natural selection after all. I think though the Big Guy is most probably by all indications a social conservative.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You got me there.... Judging by the Old version of His Book, I'd have to agree. He never struck me as the warm and fuzzy type that the New version was written to correct his image to show. I have a feeling, in all seriousness, if the Big Guy were to come back right now, a couple things would happen. First, the Pope would run out to greet him just to get the butt kicking of all eternity for what was done to His Church over the years. I'll bet this isn't anything like intended.
Second though, I do believe folks who think they know Him as a kind and forgiving sort would be in for the kind of shock a person never gets a chance to recover from. Just my hunch....

Perhaps this Cardinal had a decent meeting and a warm reception after all.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Brave words indeed for a man of Faith who was about to meet the real head of the Church any time. For his sake, I hope he was right in terms of how the little meeting before St Peter went. I'd imagine that wasn't a statement the Big Guy was going to be in the mood to hear 'out of context' about.

Well, he's going to be severely disappointed on Judgement Day. The Church doesn't change. In Revelation Jesus gives many warnings about churches making concessions and compromises with the wicked and adopting their ways, but i suppose this cardinal fellow never read those letters to the 7 churches.

The Compromising Church Revelation 2:12-17

12 “And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write,

‘These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”’

Dang, i guess we know where Satan's Throne is, the head is in Rome and the legs are in Pergamos (Pergamum) in Turkey (Ottoman/Islam Empire).

[Antipas was boiled alive btw]

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Cardinal Martini was on the 'short list' for Catholics who looked at prophecy ... the 'short list' for those speculated to be filling the Malachy prophecy ... the last pope being a 'bad pope' A lot of folks figured he'd be elected and be bad for the church.

Side note ... the church isn't '200 years out of date'. The Catholic church is the one who came out stating that ET is probably real and that evolution could happen ... both of which doesn't change FAITH. They are actually ahead of other faiths in some areas.

new topics

top topics

join