It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unofficial Real Time Presidential Debate Thread

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There was a sign behind these two guys being interviewed after the debate that read:"Bush's policies do not equate to Jesus's teachings "

lol.

Deep

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Did anyone think Kerry made a cheapshot at Dick Cheney and his gay daugher? Couldn't he have addressed the issue at hand without dragging Cheney's family members into the fray? Edwards did the same thing and Cheney was more than gracious.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
All one has to do is watch the interaction between George and Laura, vice John and Teresa. No comparison.

Yeah...its amazing what some acting classes can do for someone!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My my, the case against Kerry is getting really bad...

- He's a liberal
- He's a traitor
- He didn't do anything in the Senate
- He's a coward
- He likes the French
- He's a bad husband

link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
There was a sign behind these two guys being interviewed after the debate that read:"Bush's policies do not equate to Jesus's teachings "

Oh, that is so profound!

link   
I am with you curme but I am still waiting for the polls and like some said they acted like the typical presidential candidate for election, any of them can be or act like a president.

link   
This may be dumb, but notice that both were wearing similar ties, as well as Peter Jennings? What's up with that?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
One of the good things about these debates has been the chance to see Kerry and Bush as "men" and not just candidates. After these last 2 debates I am more compassionate towards Bush, he really strikes me as an open, honest, person aware of his failings.

Kerry, however, hardly ever seemed to speak from his heart, it was all processed and weighed before he opens his mouth.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Kerry, however, hardly ever seemed to speak from his heart, it was all processed and weighed before he opens his mouth.

Really!? I didn't see that way at all....it all comes down to perspective...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

One of the good things about these debates has been the chance to see Kerry and Bush as "men" and not just candidates.

Oh yes...they were so natural in front of all those cameras and millions of viewers and potential voters. Surely they would not be acting to show how loving they are? Or would they...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Read that Curme, THAT is what I meant by "SCRIPT"..

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

One of the good things about these debates has been the chance to see Kerry and Bush as "men" and not just candidates. After these last 2 debates I am more compassionate towards Bush, he really strikes me as an open, honest, person aware of his failings.

George connect with people? Say it isn't so...

Precisely why George Bush will be reelected.

p.s. He won the debate tonight.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Of course they are acting for the camera, I am not talking about hugging wives on the stage and shaking each others hands afterwards, superficial antics like that.

I am talking about their answers to questions like abortion, God, and leadership. In those bush spoke, it seemed, from his heart. Kerry spoke what he thought the voters wanted to hear.

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Oh yes...they were so natural in front of all those cameras and millions of viewers and potential voters. Surely they would not be acting to show how loving they are? Or would they...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Is there anyone here who thinks posters on this board can objectively decide a winner to this debate? We are ALL partial. Bush supporters will say Bush won, and Kerry supporters will say Kerry won.

The question as to who won is moot.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ok, just because Bush didn't yell at the earpiece does not mean he won, it means he didn't wear an earpiece this time.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
On the world stage Kerry's head hugely outvalues Bush's heart any day.

Thank God the debate silly season is over and the business of election fraud can be recommenced.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
GWB gained what can now be called a "Reagan moment," referring to the debate with Fritz Mondale, when Reagan promised not to make an issue of Fritz's youth and inexperience and Fritz could not help but laugh heartily.

When GWB answered the question about dealing with strong women. GW said something about listening and standing up and not scowling. Kerry had one of his few genuine moments.

[edit on 04/10/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
what's better when it comes to a political office?

doing what the people want and being swayed by their opinions?

Or

doing what you want and believe, regardless of what the people want and their opinions?

anyone?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sorry is not the man is the decisions he has made in the name of our nation what it got me to be voting the other side. Bush looks very warm and fuzzy but is like a snake it will strike as soon as he can get away with it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Grady - wasn't that with Carter in 1980?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join