It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad ends Summit with call for world peace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The Non-Aligned Movement Summit ended in Tehran with a message from Ahmadinejad calling for world peace.
Maybe if he cooled down his rhetoric against Israel, we could get closer, so I guess we should take his words with a grain of salt. But still good to see a leader say words we can also hold them too.

The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran ended late Friday with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad pledging global peace.

"The important political message by NAM to the international community is the message of friendship and peace and its readiness to tackle global challenges," said Ahmadinejad in his closing speech as new NAM chairman.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Although this is better than a Death to America and the Zionists!...type of statement...the problem is that this guy is a SOCK PUPPET for the OLD RELIGIOUS GUARD. They even considered removing him there for a while but make NO MISTAKE....this guy HAS NO POWER!

The people with Power in Iran are 80 to 90 year old Religious Fanatics and the danger is that as they near Death...they may want to take a shot as Israel or the U.S. and believe me...they could care less how many of their own KIDS DIE if they tried to close the Strait of Hormuz or worse...declared that they have developed a Nuclear Weapon...TRUE OR NOT.

In either one of these scenarios...the U.S. will be forced to go in. That would be a shame as Iran is about 11 to 12 months away from a regime Change and Pro-Democracy Movements are close to this change. We cannot allow Iran to Goad the U.S. into a WAR for the sole purpose of a last ditch effort by the Iranian Leadership to cast the U.S. as an Invading Force thus possibly rally the Troops. There has been Secret U.S. Military to Iranian Military Talks going on for a while and just like in Iraq...the Iranian Military Leadership does not want to become a Target of the U.S. Military because some 88 Year Old wants to see a WAR before he dies.

Iran's Military is being given the option to STAND DOWN in the event the Old Guard orders the Strait to be closed...and Iranian Admirals do not want to be the sacrificial lamb as they would be OBLITERATED at Sea by the U.S. Fifth Fleet. Plus since any Nation that attempts to close the Worlds Oil Lifeline...cannot be left in power with Nukes...the U.S. would have to seize all Iranian Nuclear Sites as they must be dismantled not Blown Up like Israel keeps talking about. The U.S. has FORBIDDEN ISRAEL to Bomb these sites as this would poison the whole Middle East.

WAR can be avoided...as long as there are no incidents before the inevitable Change of Power. But if they attempt to close the Strait...all bets are off. But this is why these Secret Military to Military talks must work as Iran is no match for even ONE U.S. Carrier Group and unless the U.S. Military decides to tip it's hand and use Non-Nuclear Air Dropped EMP's....Iranian Death Tolls could be catastrophic! Plus since the Iranian Military is loaded with Conscripted KIDS who don't want to be in the Military in the First place...such large numbers of dead Iranians would not sit well with either the New Iranian Democratic Leadership as well as with U.S. Citizens. It would be a Blood Bath.

Despite Iranian Leaderships statements of Bravado...this is like a PEE WEE Football Team playing a PRO NFL TEAM. There would be little HONOR in this kind of WAR. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
He is all over the map this guy. I do not agree with the previous poster who said he is a sock puppet. He is not a tall man, generalizing, he has a big ego, I doubt he listens to many people. He does charge back and forth between reasonable good guy and raging maniac so fast I get whiplash. I don't think he can decide if he wants to be loved and respected or feared and hated. Maybe he is acting all nice, cause he is getting ready to bite. I don't believe him, particularly when he is nice.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

In Iran...the Power Resides with the Old Religious Guard. They are the ones that put this Sock Puppet in Power and they are the ones who control a Highly Paid Population Control Force that is designed to infiltrate the Pro-Democracy Movement and Beat close to Death any Protesters.

Iran with a population that is over 70% under the age of 30 Years old...is computer savvy and will eventually take over Leadership. The miscalculation of the Old Religious Guard is in it's thought that if they develop Nuclear Weapons...and these will be Old Style Truck Sized Fission Bombs...that it would deter a U.S. Military Invasion...it will not.

Still the U.S. does not want to destroy the Iranian Military as they could become a protector of a Free Iran. Against the U.S. Military...they have no chance and they KNOW THIS. This is why there are secret Military to Military talks going on as Iranian Military Leadership want no part of a WAR with the U.S. as they will be the First Targets. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

In Iran...the Power Resides with the Old Religious Guard.

I understand that is your position, I respectfully disagree. I believe in the past, post Shah that was true.

As to war with the US, I have no clue. I do not want war and I believe the majority of the Iranian people do not want war. I know they do not want Ahmadinejad either, and are repressed, abused and killed because of that

This thread is about if peace is possible with such a leader and does he mean it when he speaks of peace. How will he proceed to demonstrate his sincerity?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Although this is better than a Death to America and the Zionists!...type of statement...the problem is that this guy is a SOCK PUPPET for the OLD RELIGIOUS GUARD. They even considered removing him there for a while but make NO MISTAKE....this guy HAS NO POWER!

The people with Power in Iran are 80 to 90 year old Religious Fanatics and the danger is that as they near Death...they may want to take a shot as Israel or the U.S. and believe me...they could care less how many of their own KIDS DIE if they tried to close the Strait of Hormuz or worse...declared that they have developed a Nuclear Weapon...TRUE OR NOT.

In either one of these scenarios...the U.S. will be forced to go in. That would be a shame as Iran is about 11 to 12 months away from a regime Change and Pro-Democracy Movements are close to this change. We cannot allow Iran to Goad the U.S. into a WAR for the sole purpose of a last ditch effort by the Iranian Leadership to cast the U.S. as an Invading Force thus possibly rally the Troops. There has been Secret U.S. Military to Iranian Military Talks going on for a while and just like in Iraq...the Iranian Military Leadership does not want to become a Target of the U.S. Military because some 88 Year Old wants to see a WAR before he dies.

Iran's Military is being given the option to STAND DOWN in the event the Old Guard orders the Strait to be closed...and Iranian Admirals do not want to be the sacrificial lamb as they would be OBLITERATED at Sea by the U.S. Fifth Fleet. Plus since any Nation that attempts to close the Worlds Oil Lifeline...cannot be left in power with Nukes...the U.S. would have to seize all Iranian Nuclear Sites as they must be dismantled not Blown Up like Israel keeps talking about. The U.S. has FORBIDDEN ISRAEL to Bomb these sites as this would poison the whole Middle East.

WAR can be avoided...as long as there are no incidents before the inevitable Change of Power. But if they attempt to close the Strait...all bets are off. But this is why these Secret Military to Military talks must work as Iran is no match for even ONE U.S. Carrier Group and unless the U.S. Military decides to tip it's hand and use Non-Nuclear Air Dropped EMP's....Iranian Death Tolls could be catastrophic! Plus since the Iranian Military is loaded with Conscripted KIDS who don't want to be in the Military in the First place...such large numbers of dead Iranians would not sit well with either the New Iranian Democratic Leadership as well as with U.S. Citizens. It would be a Blood Bath.

Despite Iranian Leaderships statements of Bravado...this is like a PEE WEE Football Team playing a PRO NFL TEAM. There would be little HONOR in this kind of WAR. Split Infinity

Sorry if this seem aggressive but you quite clearly have no idea what you are talking about......the U.S is obviously the superior force however as a nation you repeatedly underestimate your enemies......Iranian forces may not be up to U.S standards but i assure you they are more than capable of defending their country to the death if needs me.......they will not surrender they will fight with guerrilla tactics and Moscow rules eventually the sheer numbers of dead soldiers on both sides will be overwhelming.........vietnam 2.0.............. it is all of it insanity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I know you believe different but he has no power...it is one of my JOBS to know this. The U.S. does NOT want to go to war with Iran as the Majority of Iranians want good relations with the United States. The problem is in if the Iranian Military is smart enough to STAND DOWN should a INSANE order be asked of them...I believe they will stand down. At that point the Iranian Youth will have to deal with the Paid Thugs. That will be their battle.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
All wars can be avoided. There are no real reasons for a war with Iran, just the same as there was never any real reason for war against Iraq and Libya. Either way you look at it, they are staged political moves for gain and power.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Actually...of all the people you could talk to about this subject...I am the one that actually KNOWS what I am talking about. As I have said...the U.S. does not want a war with a potential ally as 70% of the Iranian Population is under the age of 30 years old. The Majority of Iranians want good relations with the U.S.

It is the problem that the Old Religious Guard may order their Navy to attempt to block the Strait of Hormuz. In this event the U.S. is planning via direct secret Military to Military talks to convince the Iranian Military Leadership to STAND DOWN if ordered to do so. This would give the Iranian Pro-Democracy Movement Military Backing and a chance at seizing power.

If the Iranian Military does not stand down...the U.S. WILL NOT ALLOW a Country to do this that has Nuclear Ambitions. The U.S. Military has the capability to utterly Destroy all Iranian Military Facilities and Seize all Nuclear Sites. This would make Iraq look like a Walk in the Park. And as far as Iranians Fighting the U.S. to the Last man...then that is what would happen as it would be a Blood Bath. Most Iraqi Divisions surrendered...Iran could be OBLITERATED by a variety of means...and I do not think this is a GOOD thing. But I know it is a FACT. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ahmandinejad calls for peace...wow. I guess we can all just relax now.

Here are some more interesting quotes from President Mahmoud:

"Some segments within the American government orchestrated the attack (9/11) to reverse the declining American economy, and its grips on the Middle East, in order to save the Zionist regime. The majority of the American people as well as most nations and politicians around the world agree with this view."

Really...most Americans...and most politicians around the world?

"They (the Western powers) launched the myth of the Holocaust. They lied, they put on a show and then they support the Jews."

No comment needed on this...

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country ... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

Curious...and yet periodically they hang people for this "crime" in Iran.

"The supreme guide (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei) himself has said in a fatwa that the wearing of ties or bow ties is not permitted."

Brilliant...because bow ties are obviously evil knots of cloth...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumor....a new Middle East will definitely take shape, but with the grace of God and the help of the nations in this new Middle East, there will be no American or Zionist presence in it.”

That just doesn't sound very peaceful to me...

"...any freedom lover and justice seeker in the world must do its best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime in order to pave the path for the establishment of justice and freedom in the world

Annihilation...yes...very peaceable sentiments indeed.

"No Zionists were killed in the World Trade Center, because one day earlier they were told not to go to their workplace. They announced that 3,000 people were killed in this incident, but there were no reports that reveal their names. Maybe you saw that, but I did not."

Right Uncle Mahmoud..."they" were told not to go there, by "somebody"...very compelling evidence. And, I'm with you...there has never been a list published of names of those who died on 9/11 (moron). Just another myth like the Holocaust I guess.

www.adl.org...

"Iran can recruit hundreds of suicide bombers a day. Suicide is an invincible weapon. Suicide bombers in this land showed us the way, and they enlighten our future.”

Yes...peace and love to all...from the humble and benign leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran. How about Iran simply recruit one suicide bomber (you know who), send him off to an open field somewhere by himself, and get him to push the button.

Surely, after this, peace and harmony is more likely to prevail.

www.cija.ca...

top topics

join