It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I discovered at work in relation to sky noise.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hello ats, This thread is not to say that i know the cause of the strange sky noises, and may not be related at all, just a observation of mine that i thought i would share, and see where you guys can take it. I am going to try to explain why i feel the noise is caused by some sort of harmonic frequency and not angels blowing the trumpets, tho i have been wrong before. Hopefully smarter men the i can use this info to come up with a practical reason for this phenomenon. also be kind as im only trying to add info to the discussion. Was going to post this sooner when there were more reports of the sound but they died off shortly after i recorded the video.

A little back round on what it is i do, I work for a company that develops Gas fired infra red process burners (burners for ovens, fryers, instant hot water tanks,boiler systems ect...), and gas fired infra red space heating systems, high and low intensity. (tube heaters you see in fire stations) For some of our applications we require a premixed fuel delivery system, gas valve/blower combination. And with these systems we can achieve upwards of 2 million BTU's.

A while back i was working on a project at work and discovered what is known as harmonic resonance on one of our burners. The term it self is not new to me or the world but it was the first time i experienced it during a test. Also this phenomenon still baffles engineers in this field on how, and why this occurs, The university of Kentucky did a study on it last year, tho i don't believe they have published the results as of yet. This noise would be what you hear on scary movies when they go into the basement and it is in relation to the boiler systems.

Ok before i bore you with the details lets get to the fun part, watch them till the end the longer one of the videos is better towards then end, keep in mind that this is not just a whistle from the blower it is a combination of that naturally occurring frequency of the burnings surface in relation to the harmonic frequency of the plenum as well as with the oscillation of the blower. It is similar to

Mechanical resonance is the tendency of a mechanical system to absorb more energy when the frequency of its oscillations matches the system's natural frequency of vibration (its resonance frequency or resonant frequency) than it does at other frequencies. It may cause violent swaying motions and even catastrophic failure in improperly constructed structures including bridges, buildings and airplanes—a phenomenon known as resonance disaster.

These are just for fun

Ok im back, so

All flames make noise and larger ones make more. You can’t hear the noise from a pocket lighter, but you know when your gas water heater or gas fired central heat burner starts. And any industrial size furnace makes enough noise that you can tell if it is on without looking. Usually combustion noise can be ignored – it seldom causes problems. In rare cases it’s loud enough to draw complaints from the neighbors and even vibrate equipment to destruction. Here we will consider cases like that. A Little Theory: Any noise has a frequency and an amplitude. You can hear noise over a frequency range of about 20 to 20,000 Hz or cycles per second. Noise at a frequency less than 20 Hz might be felt but not heard – you might notice the floor or windows rattling even though you can’t hear the sound.
banks engineering

Conclusion The negative effects of combustion pulsation include; Rhythmic flame body displacement (flame detection device may lose sight of the flame), Brief loss of combustion air flow as furnace pressure peaks, briefly reducing air flow (low flow switch may trip), "Breathing" of the furnace shell and expansion joints leading to material failure through fatigue. Structural damage to the furnace if the amplitude is high enough. Extremely irritated operators and neighbors.

Well thats all i got for you at the moment, running out of time to write this, I believe they sky sounds, Can easily be explained by frequency resonance, if it is from a local factory, haarp, alien space craft or solar energy oscillating on our atmosphere is yet to be determined.
However i think this is a more practical approach to find answers. at least a start

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good job, recently a two different groups of scientists went around the world to all the locations of the sky noises and else where and with their instrumentation found out that the earth was releasing tremendous amount of energy, way more than usual. In fact it was off the charts. The core of the Earth is in great flux. When this energy is released into the atmosphere it causes harmonic resonance and you hear sounds. The problem of course is that we are in post glacial rebound and it will last another 10,000 years. We may see some crustal displacement because of it. But good job on the post.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

This thread has my attention...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well I'm not one for flights of fancy but I listned to that noise and now I really feel unwell, I got to the third video and had to stop because my head feels hung over and I want to vomit.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I'm interested in this stuff but the thread seems so long.
I have other things going on in my life than ATS I would like to know what you are sharing could you shorten the presentation?

(Short and to the point.)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Energy causing osscilation causes vibration once that vibration hits the frequency of said object it produces that a harmonic frequency which can be damaging. short enough?

Thanks for other responses, is a little unnerving to think the earth may be suffering this effect,

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bwcawaterbear

Thank you for sharing that I was unaware of that. Makes it a little more creepy!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I didn't intend to offend you.

So it's based on a sound wave theory? Kind of? Sounds interesting maybe I'll check in to it thanx.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
Good job, recently a two different groups of scientists went around the world to all the locations of the sky noises and else where and with their instrumentation found out that the earth was releasing tremendous amount of energy, way more than usual. In fact it was off the charts. The core of the Earth is in great flux. When this energy is released into the atmosphere it causes harmonic resonance and you hear sounds. The problem of course is that we are in post glacial rebound and it will last another 10,000 years. We may see some crustal displacement because of it. But good job on the post.

Really?

Why don't they just release this info. to the msm? If they do then the media should report the truth.....isn't that what they're supposed to do in the first place?

obviously if 'they' were more honest I would be much less suspicious.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That is really cool. I was watching a video on youtube by Vsauce and there was a part where they lit a long glass tube and it made a loud sound like a trumbone, (not sure if you ever watched his videos, but his channel pretty cool). Any way would that be considered "combustion resonance"

Here is the video, fast foward to 2:00

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

The way I understand it is that combustion resonance cause the harmonic resonance ( frequency) cool video thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No offense taken, have you seen people with wine glass's playing music? Same principle, the vibration reaches the resonate frequency of the glass and it hums? Also have you ever seen myth busters episode where the singer breaks the wine glass? That's the scary part

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY

is a little unnerving to think the earth may be suffering this effect,

Very interesting...thanks for sharing! What effect could be happening to the earth from this?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear

Can you give a reference for this?

Interesting thred, OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Well I'm not one for flights of fancy but I listned to that noise and now I really feel unwell, I got to the third video and had to stop because my head feels hung over and I want to vomit.

If you go to YT and search for healing frequencies, there are a few to choose from. Here's one example
YT Link

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Good find.....Those things can make some really cool noises! I'd like to sample something like that and make some eerie music with it (that is if I was a musician, then I'd like to do it
)

Makes me wonder though if the simple answer to the mysterious noises, is that every person that's recorded them, just happens to have a kooky neighbor that's got one of those fire burners in his garage, that he plays around with!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This is a great one OP! Just what I've been searching for! Star and Flag from me! I've got this small thread going in relation with this one. Check it out if you please...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Wow OP it's uncanny ow much some of your clips sound like the noise I have heard in the skies including one I recorded about a week ago. I'm perfectly happy to subscribe to this idea only next question is - what is it that actually is resonating in the skies to produce these sounds.

S&F for adding another aspect to the investigation that is unusual sounds in the skies.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I worked for several years maintaining a furnace that tempered glass.

During the quench cycle, when the glass was cooled rapidly, we used a blower system with massive turbines to generate airflow.

We had a problem one day with the blower resonating with itself and it blew out a 25' x 80' industrial strength brick wall.

The sound it made before it went off made everyone nearby sick to their stomachs and extremely anxious.

This is how I imagine that Tesla deducted that resonance could be used as a weapon.

S&F for a great thread and a real possible solution to the sky noise phenomena.

Peace

~Rev

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks for an informative and illustrative thread. The sky sounds have been quite the thing. Have watched enough of the video examples to see they sound similar to what we heard, and still can't explain.
Potash mining in the area, oil not in the immediate vicinity but within 150 or so miles.
Don't know what the neighbours are doing in their basements, ha, but these sounds came from the sky. No trumpets. Occurred off and on for weeks, still heard occasionally:

Since we also have noted a lack of birds since last August and silent morning skies are almost the norm now-- I can see a relationship to the two but haven't seen much in relation to it. Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join