It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gremlins :

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"Gremlins, the movie, was really inspired from these creatures"
You are correct. Sometimes called imps, quasits, or homonculus as well. Sometimes they are also associated as demonic familiars of sorcerors, sent by their masters to cause havok and trouble...

You think that they can be in fact grays ?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
would be a closer match...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
the Grey would be in complete control, not just controlling. That is my opinion. Anything is possible, right?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Never heard of gremlins as some deliberately released monster, just as a codename or reference unexplained problems with aircraft. Sure you haven't picked this up wrong from somewhere? Even for a legend it sounds pretty stoopid.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
there was that ebe incident where a bunch of hillbillies were spooked by a bunch of gremlin like creatures causing mischief in their house. It took place in the town of Hopkinsville: Link

I'm not sure if these were gremlins but it sure sounds like it.

XAOS

Figures this happened in my state.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Never heard of gremlins as some deliberately released monster, just as a codename or reference unexplained problems with aircraft. Sure you haven't picked this up wrong from somewhere? Even for a legend it sounds pretty stoopid

The folklore is that these are deliberate creatures similar to pixies, sprites, etc. in folklore who desire to cause havok and mischief. In fact, in the movie Gremlins, one of the characters (an older guy) comments on how the Germans supposedly used them in WWII....thus showing an example of the belief vs. just a codename or reference. However, if I remember right, there was an WWII RAF pilot who coined the term, in a story he wrote for children, that described the creatures as mean little sprites who would sabatage the RAF's planes, so it is a recent folklore tale, and not as old as other such creature tales.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that I am a gremlin, things tend to fall apart around me

XAOS

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
(I know this thread is old but it looked interesting)

Actually, Roald Dahl claimed responsability for the legends. Here's a link about a book he wrote about them.
delarue.net...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I know of these creatures...and I despise them...they live in my Subaru..holy #!!! I am constantly chasing those vermin down and correcting their mayhem...curses. Although it's not an aircraft..but...Subaru did build planes to bomb Pearl Harbor...and I have the same make...damn. On another note: Ever notice the symbol for Subaru..it's the flight pattern used by the planes to bomb Pearl Harbor...freaky...eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Actually, it's no coincidence that the Gremlins, the evil alter-ego of the cute and cuddly Mogwai in the scary/funny Joe Dante films resembled the green men described by the Sutton family during their ordeal in Hopkinsville on that hot August night in 1955.
Spielberg, who produced the film, was going to make a film based on the Hopkinsville case entitled 'Night Skies' and had hired FX maestro Rick Baker to create the alien(s). When production went in another direction and Spielberg decided at the last minute to only use the last few pages of the John Sayles-scripted film as the opening scenes for E.T. , he forcibly shut Rick Baker out of his studio and took all his work on the defunct film, later giving it all to FX artist Carlo Rambaldi to change into what resulted in a squat earless creature we now know as E.T.
Baker's design was never scene thanks to Spielberg's legal threats, but Baker does retain some photos of a Yoda/froglike creature with pointed ears that yet another FX artist, Chris Walas, used for his Gremlin designs.
More examples follow:
1) Warner Bros produced the film amd the animated Gremlin in a classic Bugs Bunny cartoon slightly resembled drawings of the Hopkinsville aliens, down to the goggles and ears(?) The same cartoon popped up in the WB produced GREMLINS 2, again directed by Joe Dante, produced by Spielberg and with FX now being done by.....Rick Baker, who had since patched things up(or was paid gag money) with Spielberg.
2) Murray Futterman(Dick Miller) in the film GREMLINS made reference to the creatures that wreaked havoc on machines and more during the War and was the first person to mention the name/title GREMLINS in the film.
3) Steve Wang, who worked with Baker on a number of films, and who created the Mohawk gremlin in the 2nd film confirmed the NIGHT SKIES alien pic looked like a frog or Gremlin and looked "like something from Star Wars."

www.myspace.com...

for more info

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That same word is used in reference to Autos. I know from working on cars that when an auto has really unreliable or screwy electrical systems, they says it has Electrical Gremlins. It can be difficult to pinpoint all system problems, and problems just keep popping up. Programming can be behind it, as can the actual wiring set-ups and types of wiring used.

BMW's for instance are notorious for electrical gremlins.

In that regards, the new Airbus A380 has Electrical Demons. I would never even step foot on one of those disasters waiting to happen. I would advise the same to all of you.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join