It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea makes "significant" nuclear reactor progress: IAEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

VIENNA (Reuters) - North Korea has made significant progress in the construction of a light water atomic reactor over the past year, a U.N. watchdog report said, a facility that may extend Pyongyang's capacity to produce material for nuclear weapons.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

It's not a big deal on the world-stage because they are not threatening to wipe out Israel. Only South Korea and United States, in some cases. It's probably developed much more than they know. I'm sure they have crews working 24x7 on this, for sure.

It's only been 4 years since they dismantled and imploded their Nuclear Reactor and Cooling Towers, but they're at it almost immediately after they got their food-aid; which I'm sure this is all about + political leverage.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Any mature adult wouldn't let a child run with scissors.
Yet, politically speaking, nobody says anything about North Korea playing with Nukes.

Moving on

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that the powers "allowed" to possess nuclear technology have used it responsibly; the safest thing to do would be decrease nuclear use, not expand it. For the good of the Earth, that is, not humans' selfish short term agendas.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Perhaps the other so called "civilized countries" who own nukes but threaten to use them on others should also give up their arsenal...

Especially those who have one but won't admit it... or at least don't believe that that they should have to admit it yet everyone else around them shouldn't have any except for them... you know, because they are just always the victim...
edit on 12/8/31 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've high hopes for North Korea their new leader is nothing like his father. His wife been with him shows hes a modern guy and always seen joking with people. He is also well educated got his education in Switzerland and he speaks a number of foreign languages. He is know dimwit changes will come but it will take time.

join