It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity SOL24 strangeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Take a look at the circled items. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but that thing circled at the bottom sure looks
like an insect to me, wings and legs. Just to be clear, i didn't say it was an insect, it just looks like one.
From the left ans right Nav cams

Nasa[e ditby]edit on 31-8-2012 by JohnnyRaincheck because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
invert to negative and you will see the areas you circled

2nd

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Rocks.....amazing huh

Google: S-spline.....have a look using a software with that...and you will see, they are just rocks like everything else on the surface of mars.

No doubt we will see a ton of Youtube videos claiming the same things lol.

edit on 31-8-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Rocks.....amazing huh

Google: S-spline.....have a look using a software with that...and you will see, they are just rocks like everything else on the surface of mars.

How do you know? Scientist have found water, they are looking to see if there is life, but you already know? The round rock he circled could be a turtle like creature. it is certainly possible and Mars life forms may look like rocks for all we know!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry but my brain has just analyzed the signal it received from my optic system and it says:

Unable to find any insect. The object in question is at roughly 99.9998714% a rock.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Rocks.....amazing huh

How do you know? Scientist have found water, they are looking to see if there is life, but you already know? The round rock he circled could be a turtle like creature. it is certainly possible and Mars life forms may look like rocks for all we know!

Its not a creature of any kind...its a rock. Ive zoomed in, changed the filters, inverted...you name it ive done it, and it is still a rock.

Im not saying there is no life on mars (for certainty), but this certainly isnt a form of life.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
just to clarify, I circled a few things that I thought were interesting, but the subject of my post was the object at the very bottom of both images. Look again

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyRaincheck
just to clarify, I circled a few things that I thought were interesting, but the subject of my post was the object at the very bottom of both images. Look again

Perhaps the white objects are veins of gypsum. The rover "Opportunity" found deposits of gypsum last year in Endeavour Crater. Gypsum is known to only form in a watery environment, and we know that Curiosity landed in an area that NASA thinks was once a lake (Gale Crater). So maybe it's gypsum.

Here is an earlier article about the gypsum deposits found by "Opportunity" last year:
NASA Mars Rover Finds Mineral Vein Deposited by Water

edit on 8/31/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join