It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars curiosity Sol2 Anomalies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi all,

I noticed the below while perusing the Mars Curiosity Sol2 360 pan image. My "curiosity" has got the better of me, are these stitching artefacts or photo shop clone tool "masks".

I doubt there is anything to hide, but I thought I would pose the question and give the evidence or sorts for discussion.

Sol2 360 pan anomalies

Source Link

Exact location (co-ords) url

What do you think ATS?

ains,
edit on 31-8-2012 by ainsley because: Spring Cleaning

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here we go.... I bet Hoaxland is even taking the OPPORTUNITY to find things in the rocks.

Dude, its just rocks.. but wait till they find fossils IN rocks.. that will be the real thing...

such CURIOSITY...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Evidently... I'm not stating the rocks are anything but rocks.

My question related to the use of stitching or the use of a clone tool.

I appreciate your reply however!

Ains,

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not seeing a darn thing. There are some impressive photos out there, this isn't one of them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Great catch...

I see what you're pointing out.
I'll wait to hear some of the explanations, but for now S & F

Good eye by the way.....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

It can be quite hard to see, my mind works differently to most, I see tessellation and patterns in the most mundane.

Here's another image that should highlight exactly what I mean.

Thanks for the reply

Ains,

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

Wow what a great eye you have! Clearly copies of parts pasted or something in these shots! I would have never seen that!

Thank you for so clearly showing what you are pointing out, most do not do so well on that!

I totally feel sure that the surface of mars is strewn with artifacts that show intelligent life have lived on the surface all those things will have to be removed if they want to keep it secret.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes I see it too.

the duplication of certain parts of the terrain.

I can only assume it is stitching/joining where the camera moves around but cannot take an exact matching photo so you end up with black gaps.. to adjust for this, bits a re snatched from exisiting pics to "match up" the new stuff, giving us this "double (or even tripple) take"

that's the way I see it anyway..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
Sorry, but I'm not seeing a darn thing. There are some impressive photos out there, this isn't one of them.

try this, look at the rock in picture number 2 the one that looks like a big toe.

Now see the second highlight, the same big toe rock only with the left larger side missing? then you will see the rest of the duplicate formations.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Something I have noticed in some of the mars pictures is there seems to rocks often quit large ones rolled over, the hole where they sat shows the shape and dark patch.

I have though about wind, and rolling but they are in amongst rocks that should also have moved if it were common things like weather.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yes it does seem to resemble each other. much like the faked Iran rocket launch, where they used the cloning tool to cover a rocket which failed to launch.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

You guys don't see the copy/paste of rock formation?

you can see it on #1 and #3, not so much on #2.... are they original photos from website? wow...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good catch ... you got Eagle eyes

I think they are a result of the picture being put together .
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is that what we're doing? Pointing out areas where the imaging team has patched together some photos using a clone tool or something?

All of these images are patch jobs, re-bent and stretched to fit together. It's a wonder they look like anything at all. Nobody's trying to hide anything. They're just trying to make things look better, so they don't keep getting all kinds of people whining like they did the first day, "Oh, these images are horrible! My digital camera takes better pictures that this! We spent billion dollars for this?"

You just can't please some people.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I think they should put a line on areas of the picture where they fused the image... you are right, some people can never be pleased so they try to do their best to make a good picture.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Image 2 is a bit harder to see admittedly.

I have added a few red dots to indicate how it has been duplicated and re "ordered" to fit.

Thanks again for all the replies, hopefully this can be cleared up soon!

Ains

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

I see it... its a reflection.. thanks for the updated pics

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ainsley

This isn't stretching.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer,

Do you mean stitching? I don't follow what you mean in relation "stretching" (the image has not been expanded in any way, I left it as it was)

Thanks for the reply! (big fan of your archaeology posts)

Kindest Regards,

ains,

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

VERY good eye OP
snf

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join