It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexism All Across the Board

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My title is a bit of a cheeky pun, I don't mean sexism everywhere, I mean sexism predominantly right here. Now, I know there are a lot of men on here that DO respect women and see them as their equal and I thank you. That's all I could ask for, but I think some of you are in fact liars. How do I come to this conclusion? The new topic on "replacing men". Now, I can understand you'd get a bit defensive but surely some of your comments in said topic could be a bit more um... Mature?

Now, like I said, I'm not calling out all men. I'm not one of those women that thinks that every single man is evil or repulsive. Some of the comments and replies in that topic however just are. One post in general that had many videos upon comments such as "women can't even open a pickle jar, I mean come on!!". We're weak, are we? Is that what you think? I'd like to see you go a round with me then. Now, I might be calling the kettle black here in getting defensive myself, but I feel I have merit to.

Now, men need to stop being insecure as well as they will never be replaced. They will always have a place in this world but I think we're honestly going back to the "women's reproductive system" argument. If a woman WANTS to get pregnant without a man or adopt, that is HER business, not yours. Go find someone else if that bothers you. I'm also going to point out that they in fact ARE experimenting with changing a female's egg into sperm and have yielded some results. I don't have any links, go search for yourselves, this is a rant topic.

Why does this bother men? This technique will most likely be used by same sex couples who want to have a child that's really both of theirs and I think it's beautiful. Bear in mind not ALL women are lesbians so I honestly don't know where the stigma and upset was coming from yesterday. As well, I'm sure that if eggs can become sperm, I'm sure the reverse is true as well. I'm sure sperm can become egg as well as we share a lot of the same DNA. So once again, why be upset about things like that? It's still equal biologically on both sides and agendas.

I'm just going to close with the fact that I am indeed bi so I feel that I don't entirely need men, but I enjoy them and would certainly choose a man as my partner and have. I'm a feminist and I do not think this deserves the connotation of "femi-nazi" either. We just believe in equal rights. Now, I'm going to close with saying that I don't WANT any leverage over men when it comes to "equal" like other women. I just want to be recognized as an equal because I'm another human being and deserve such. So yes, my closing statement before I head on out to a nice breakfast and a couple of classes is this: Come at me, bro.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Think of it this way... the topic was sexist. There is a lot of sexism toward men all over the place just like there is sexism towards women. When dealing with internet people just remember half these people are probably still children and some of them are just immature men that havent ever grown up and stay on the internet where they can lash out at people because they arent going to run into anyone here ever. Probably the type of people that dont have real lives. just feel sorry for them rather than worry about their childish views... They are still in the "Boys rule!!!!!!!" stage just like some women are still in the "Girl Power... Men are all pigs!!!!!!" mindset

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Don't you see the irony in your own post? Your simply taking a defensive stance to the immature comments posted, and they were posted for the exact same reason. People need to see that a majority of sexism arguments are cyclic, and not simply ignoring those who choose to be immature is simply continuing the cycle.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
All I see is increasing disrespect and breakdown of values in society...

But in my opinion women are mostly the problem. I see a growing wish in females to manipulate, deceive and overpower men in all aspects. That is not healthy. And will not happen. The sooner they realise this, the better.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
All I see is increasing disrespect and breakdown of values in society...

But in my opinion women are mostly the problem. I see a growing wish in females to manipulate, deceive and overpower men in all aspects. That is not healthy. And will not happen. The sooner they realise this, the better.

Well that's all my fun thrown out of the window....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acronychal
Don't you see the irony in your own post? Your simply taking a defensive stance to the immature comments posted, and they were posted for the exact same reason. People need to see that a majority of sexism arguments are cyclic, and not simply ignoring those who choose to be immature is simply continuing the cycle.

When somebody speaks nonsense. I like to point that out.
He/she has absolutely no idea of what the dominant age group is when it comes to this topic. That's why he/she is speaking nonsense.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sounds like youre quite intimidated by females. Point your fingers all you want but it seems that you just have some self esteem issues and want to lash out at women. Women and men both will manipulate anyone who is an easy mark. Im sorry someone like you keeps catching the blunt end of that stick

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Its simple...

Difference from 1900 to now is... Women gained more rights and men rights are restricted.

So men see this as losing to the system.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Sounds like youre quite intimidated by females. Point your fingers all you want but it seems that you just have some self esteem issues and want to lash out at women. Women and men both will manipulate anyone who is an easy mark. Im sorry someone like you keeps catching the blunt end of that stick

Ahh! Interesting. More garbage to make yourself appear like you even remotely know me. Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I am intimidated by females and I have self-esteem issues. Okay. Mind giving me your analysis on how you reached that conclusion. I am greatly interested and genuinely want to know the thoughts of such an intelligent man such as yourself...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

He/she has absolutely no idea of what the dominant age group is when it comes to this topic. That's why he/she is speaking nonsense.

Clearly the person was reacting to the immaturity of the comments and associating it with people that are generally immature - kids. Did you offended by this because you are a kid who cannot stand being called a kid (for immature reasons), or someone who's is older but haven't matured?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ahh! Interesting. More garbage to make yourself appear like you even remotely know me. Pathetic.

I am intimidated by females and I have self-esteem issues. Okay. Mind giving me your analysis on how you reached that conclusion. I am greatly interested and genuinely want to know the thoughts of such an intelligent man such as yourself...

Within 3 minutes, you made two different answers to the same post. Could you explain your reasoning?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Clearly the person was reacting to the immaturity of the comments and associating it with people that are generally immature - kids. Did you offended by this because you are a kid who cannot stand being called a kid (for immature reasons), or someone who's is older but haven't matured?

Ohhh! Cute! Another mischievious comment meant to give the writer a sense of superiority by the method of negative presumption. In this case, in then form of a question. A textbook example of a disgusting comment. Try again archer!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Smooth, real smooth. You've even mastered the technique of diversion. But I'm actually going to answer your question. One comment was to give you one message and the other to answer your actual question. You know... Because I'm not in the business of derogation.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

The question was quite simple. It was only provocative so that you would give your honest third option (if there is one) which wasn't included.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
reply to post by Jepic

The question was quite simple. It was only provocative so that you would give your honest third option (if there is one) which wasn't included.

Well you can get a response out of someone by NOT being condenscending. Fact. So if you wish, try again. Because I didn't get a pleasant enough vibe to respond to your question.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Smooth, real smooth. You've even mastered the technique of diversion.

I don't know what diversion you are referring to as I've only asked questions directly related to your comments. Whereas you, instead of answering to questions, start talking about how "clever" people are or their strategies. Isn't that diversion?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join