It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Dead in [another] shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

3 Dead in [another] shooting

www.seattlepi.com

A shooting at a New Jersey supermarket early Friday killed three people, and the gunman is believed to be among the dead, a law enforcement official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Guns don't kill people.

A country full of fretful, disgruntled, itchy trigger fingered, ignoramuses and hee-haws armed to the hilt with guns designed for wartime does.

Dunno how many shootings it's gonna take for the Disunited States of Armedmerica to understand that human nature is such that the fickle hoi polloi cannot be trusted with instruments of death. Perhaps, much like bad films and crap rap, people have become so inured to this kind of idiocy that it's simply considered 'normal' now...

PS: inb4itsaconspiracytotakeourpreciousak-47s

www.seattlepi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
From your tone, I'm assuming you're for totally disarming the public. Well what about banning cars, tobacco, alcohol, and cheeseburgers? Yeah the occasional shooting is dramatic but its nowhere near the fever pitch to be convincing me that we'd all be better off defenseless against armed criminals. Not sure what that would take, but so far, not even close.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Wow. Generalize much?

"Humans" have free will. Welcome to the world. It appears that even in countries where guns exist in the hands of government employees and criminals exclusively these kinds of things happen, you know?

In fact, were the media reporting faithfully to inform, it would be very evident that this is a not a 'gun-caused' problem... which I can assert because the government employees who are armed also engage in crimes of passion... and often choose to use their guns to do it. Should we keep guns from the law enforcers too?

So maybe the solution isn't to ensure that the citizens are defenseless without a government employee around, (can you see where that leads?) Crimes of passion, immorality, and insanity are not dependent on the availability of firearms, knives, toe-nail clippers, hand-sanitizer, box-cutters, or anything heavy enough to cause blunt force trauma...

I'm sure most of the people who actually convince themselves that getting rid of guns will actually 'save lives' will be more than happy to consider genetic manipulation to remove aggression as a tendency in human behavior... We domesticate cattle... why not people? Good, complaint, happy to conform, non-spontaneous, unquestioning, unambitious, and above all humble people. Yeah.... OK.

I find the idea of it being illegal to effectively defend myself, my family, or my property, completely contrary to "living a life free of fear."

new topics

top topics

join