It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tire Swing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A piece of art i finished a few days ago.... Sorry about the low quality photo, but my wife took the photo with her I Phone, and i had a hard time uploading it at it's intended size ....

Any tips on how to upload a large, high quality image would be appreciated.

The Tire Swing .... Hand laid Collage on oil (no photoshop ... Just old fashioned hours and hours of scissors and razor blades to old magazines) ... Prints of this collage will be available .. I usually have a large sign shop scan the art on their flatbed scanner and have the high quality image blown up to poster size ... The finished piece will be matted about a quarter inch in all the way around ...

I'll answer any questions about the piece. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I love it, and the medium you chose is very interesting.

Anxious to read about the story behind it.

Nice work op !!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ah that's awesome!

You say that it's a collage on oil? Did you paint the scene, and then add the cut-out's over specific sections to create an additional layer?
I've been really interested in getting back into art, and this may have pushed me over the edge

Very nice work.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The tree is made of tires. The leaves are dyed animal skins. The fruit are adobe style grain silo's from an African Tribe. The tire swing itself is the tip of a bamboo shoot.

The skyline is a daytime shot of Manhattan through infrared. The sun is the carpellary receptacle and stamen of a Lotus flower. The trash heap is made up of a pile of hats, old appliances, and actual clippings from trash dumps around the world.

The main background and sun rays are old fashioned oil on canvas.

The sign in the left hand corner reads as follows.

From top to bottom on the sign post.

Kathmandu Boutique
Holy Lodge
Yeti Cottage
&
Sunny Garden Restaurant (With an arrow pointing toward the lotus flower sunset/sunrise)

edit on 31-8-2012 by OneEleven because: its fun

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

what is resolution is the camera you took the photo with ?

p.s.: thanks, wanted to know, what is on the signs.

edit on 31-8-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
WOW THAT WAS FAST!

thanks guys. It really does me good to hear positive feedback. I'll be posting a few more.

Right now i'm doing a mixed media Plaster/Acrylic on canvas of a roaring lion profile.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Man i really don't know alot about technology in general. If i did, i could present better resolution photos of my work to you guys. HAHAHA.

I havn't had this one scanned for prints yet. The others i'll be posting will be high quality images that have been scanned and saved to a USB thingy.

Thanks again for checking out the art guys. And hey, if you want one, hahahaha, let me know.

(I starred every one of you guys. hahahahaha)

edit on 31-8-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
Ah that's awesome!

You say that it's a collage on oil? Did you paint the scene, and then add the cut-out's over specific sections to create an additional layer?
I've been really interested in getting back into art, and this may have pushed me over the edge

Very nice work.

Yeah man it's a real pain. I actually had to paint the oil scene in a few layers. Getting the clippings together is hard because i lay them out dry. If you cough or sneeze, ITS OVER! The art underwent quite a few changes and transformations over time.

This piece took about 120 hours.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

will you post your other pieces here on this thread ?
looking forward to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That is a very nice piece if art work my friend................very impressed...............

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Thanks Dave. I saw a piece of your art myself in another thread. Not bad AT ALL my friend. I really dig your style.

Thanks for checking out my work. It really means alot.

top topics

join