It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

No problems. Life always comes first.

Since we've been approved for the debate, post the opening whenever you have time. No hurry.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'll volunteer to organize a few debate resolutions. There's 4 open debates that have been submitted for judging, since April 9th, and if it's OK with staff, I'll petition members who signed up on the judging roster. I can submit the judgements on the threads, all I need is a staff member to close the thread once the judgements are in.

It seems we've lost interest in judging debates, but it only needs a bit of a boost. Without an ACTIVE mod in this forum, things have gotten a bit stale. Two months to accumulate a debate decision is unacceptable if this forum is to function properly. Sigh.

Without seeing the activity, I fear other members may think this forum is defunct. I would pray it's not. I have a debate with Cirque I'm embarking on, and I also realize we need to finalize those others.

Any arguments against resolving the decisions on the 4 open debates?

If not, expect a u2u if you at one point in time agreed to judge a debate. Your decision will remain anonymous.

Then, I can petition a Mod to close said debate thread. Let's get caught up on the judging, please, my OCD keeps me up at night. Need closure. Thanks for understanding.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

With all due respect...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My first post is up in the Christianity replaced Paganism Debate is up.

Have at it, Cirque.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well, I WAS listening to Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive", to help with the funk. Marvin, wow, totally blew that.

No harm, no foul. I paused the player to suck that in, then sighed 4 minutes in. It just wasn't working for me.

Carry on, my friend.

ETA:

edit on 6/25/13 by Druid42 because: Dug up the video.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Alrighty, rebuttal post is up, Druid.

Have fun, and remember, take your time. I'm in no hurry!

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Well, I WAS listening to Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive", to help with the funk.

Great song and cool video.

I wonder if you put the song title and video together you'll get a... Radioactive Toy?

(Maybe if we derail the thread Heff with come by to yell at us for old times' sakes, lol)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

He's going to have to come by and fix Cirque's last rebuttal.

Sorry Cirque, but it is one 5000 character post per turn. (There's no continuations, and Heff is going to have to fix that. Could you be so kind as to contact him and work out the edits with him? I can if you are busy.) This post will have to go, but save it for editing in your final post.

Dang rules. I know. But each person in a debate gets 3 post TOTAL. It's the trick to condense it down to such that help to hone critical thinking skills. Something won't make the edit, but your points will be well clarified.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

He's going to have to come by and fix Cirque's last rebuttal.

Sorry Cirque, but it is one 5000 character post per turn. (There's no continuations, and Heff is going to have to fix that. Could you be so kind as to contact him and work out the edits with him? I can if you are busy.) This post will have to go, but save it for editing in your final post.

Dang rules. I know. But each person in a debate gets 3 post TOTAL. It's the trick to condense it down to such that help to hone critical thinking skills. Something won't make the edit, but your points will be well clarified.

Oh okay. I thought it was three rounds, I didn't realize the rounds were limited in posts. I'll U2U him now.

Sorry about that.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Gimme a shout if you need a hand. Gotta spend some money with the wife, but I'll be free this afternoon if you need anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I thought it was three rounds...

It is. But only one post per person per round. It used to be 5 rounds, but with three, it's a lot more challenging.

No worries, as the debates are all in fun, and often very informative. It was an honest mistake, for sure, so we'll carry on after the edit.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Was waiting on a staff okay. Perhaps when Heff swings by, he'll say "go ahead."

I for one, would really like to get the judging caught up to date. There are several members (yourself included) that have volunteered to pitch in.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OK i need to get back in the game, I've been out of everything for so long.. Gotta love life when it slams you..

Anyone have a nice simple topic they'd like to debate? I'm open

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sorry folks... Life has been an ordeal lately and I've been largely absent. By all means... approved.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have been asked to bring judgments to this long overdue debate:

Debate: Druid42 vs adjensen: The Boston Marathon Bombing was a false flag event.

By a tiny margin, the winner IS...

Congrats to both fighters for a superstar debate. A Moderator may now close the match.

Thank you.

~Son.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks for closin' 'er down... that debate was open so long, it was starting to look like a Federal Commission report, lol.

Thanks for the debate, Druid. When we get some free time, I suspect a rematch is in order.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You win some, you lose some.

Congratulations my friend, as only one person can sit in the victory chair. You've earned a rematch with a win on this debate.

Surely, we've many already, and you're not one to gloat. The next, no matter the topic, will be interesting.

I'm sure of that.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Back from the dead:

NY is the most influential state

Apologies to everyone, I dropped the ball on this one and took far too long to finish it up.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im back as well. Had to take a 6 month leave with divorce issues. Life happens I suppose. But Im back and looking forward to re energizing my time at ATS

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am, as Heff has probably mentioned to everyone, recovering from major back surgery. So I am out of comission for a bit, Just wanted to do a drive by hello while I could..

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join