It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News suggests Phantom Ronald Reagan Hologram To Endorse Romney/Ryan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Fox News Hints that Phantom Ronald Reagan Hologram May Show Up to Endorse Mitt Romney Tomorrow
(gawker.com)

Fox "News" during a segment called ‘New Questions Swirling Around Mystery Speaker At RNC Tomorrow,’ is suggesting a hologram of deceased former President Ronald Reagan may endorse the Romney/Ryan ticket.

Gawker comments on the phantom apparition of Reagan's hologram endorsing Romney:
"RNC reanimation squad will be able to conjure up the most profane and laughable addition to a political convention in history."

VIDEO HERE
(I'll try and get a YT version posted)

edit on 30-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I really hope not, that just seems dishonest to pretend that someone would endorse you on principal.

Like if I start a club for smart people and say Einstein was a member because he was smart even thought the club was started in 2012....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So that means that it won't be Ronald Reagan speaking at all (Obviously!). It's the opinion of whomever could afford to put "Mr. Reagan" up there. I wonder who could be sponsoring this with all the money they have?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Why do republicans like Reagan again? He was pro-gun control, signed amnesty for illegal immigration, raised taxes, tripled fed debt....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The deceptions and illusions know no bounds
we live in a world of lies
The entire thing is a facade.

Hell, while they are at it they should just make a hologram of Jesus endorsing them.

edit on 30-8-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would like to see George Washington as a hologram endorce what a farce corrupt system the dems and repubs are running. This was the whole reason behind the revolution was to get away from taxation without representation and political corruption.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Because he ended the Cold War, and set policy the created the largest most complex redistribution of wealth this country ever saw.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

If they were to project a hologram of Washington at any of these political convention, it would hopefully only be to show him spinning in his grave.

The idea of a hologram Ronald Reagan "endorsing" Romney/Ryan at the RNC was probably a Fox "News" attempt at grabbing ratings, since the idea of the RNC actually doing this seems ludicrous. But who knows just how ludicrous the RNC is willing to get these days...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Is it because they couldn't find anyone alive that would endorse him???

This is pretty silly though...they are going to be endorsed by a fictional character...because that is exactly what it will be. Might as well have Mickey Mouse endorse him.
edit on 30-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No the Mickey has to endorse Obama, he likes to share.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Could be, a number of GOP big wigs have skipped the convention. This has been one of the first times a block of Republicans didn't unite behind their parties nomination.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I guess if Mormons can baptize dead people
into their faith without asking, an endorsement from
a dead President is no biggie.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Maybe they are just beating the Democrats to the punch as they know full well that this admin has been invoking Reagan for years.

President Obama surrounded himself Wednesday with some wealthy campaign contributors to make another pitch for a higher tax rate on the country's biggest earners -- even suggesting President Reagan would have supported it, an argument Republicans dismissed as "pathetic."

“President Ronald Reagan believed in freedom, opportunity and policies that get the government out of the way so the private sector can grow and create jobs,” said Michael Steel, spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner. “Trying to cloak the silly ‘Buffett tax’ proposal in his legacy is pathetic.”

www.foxnews.com...

So if the RNC claims Reagan, who will the DNC claim? FDR is still up for grabs and Obama has invoked him too.

I might add that the other statements by Obama in that article share a lot of the same Democrat talking points I've been seeing around here at ATS, from the good folks who say they are not partisan and steeped in the left/right paradigm. Can I just lol here please?
edit on 30-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I guess if Mormons can baptize dead people
into their faith without asking, an endorsement from
a dead President is no biggie.

Well Obama has been claiming endorsement from Reagan for quite some time now.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Could be, a number of GOP big wigs have skipped the convention. This has been one of the first times a block of Republicans didn't unite behind their parties nomination.

Maybe they are just trying to prove to the Tea Party who is still in control.
For the record which bigwigs were you thinking of?

Looks like Denny Rehberg of Montana is skipping out to campaign against Jon Tester, who plans on skipping out of the DNC. Oops maybe it's not because they feel like snubbing Republicans this year.
Some fox commentary suggests other Democrats are skipping out of DNC because of Obama.

U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) will skip the Republican National Convention in August to focus on his Senate campaign against incumbent Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.), his campaign told the Hill on Monday. Rehberg said he hopes to brand himself as an independent Republican who puts state issues before partisanship

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obama never claimed "endorsement" from Reagan. Pointing out similarities between their policies in completely different.

Having a ghost computer-generated image of Reagan walk out onto a stage a say "I endorse Mitt Romney" is beyond the pale, and not comparable to anything Obama or any other politician has done.

I suspect a backlash against this move will cause the RNC to nix the hologram Reagan, assuming the Fox "News" claim wasn't full of hot air to begin with.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by KeliOnyx

Once TPTB got a close kill shot in, Ronnie got the picture and gave control to GHWB...there is no way RR would endorse Romney...He did not even like Bush 1 or 2...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I have no problem with that. If only they have a 2Pac Hologram, singing in the background, "Letter 2 the president".

Warning, Lyrics.......Start at 3:03

S&F

edit on 30-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obama never claimed "endorsement" from Reagan. Pointing out similarities between their policies in completely different.

Having a ghost computer-generated image of Reagan walk out onto a stage a say "I endorse Mitt Romney" is beyond the pale, and not comparable to anything Obama or any other politician has done.

I suspect a backlash against this move will cause the RNC to nix the hologram Reagan, assuming the Fox "News" claim wasn't full of hot air to begin with.

Just wait till Obama tries it. Obama has been saying for at least a year now that reagan would have approved his message so yah he is still invoking a dead Prez.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

reply to post by KeliOnyx

Once TPTB got a close kill shot in, Ronnie got the picture and gave control to GHWB...there is no way RR would endorse Romney...He did not even like Bush 1 or 2...

There is a reason why Reagan and Jeanne Kirkpatrick left the Democrats. Democrats have been going further and further to the left. I'm sure Reagan knew full well who were the communists as he was a Hollywood insider.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join