It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Definitive Method for Clearing your Mind, Body and Spirit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Okay, I know the topic sounds a little vague, so I'll be more specific: What are the best natural practices, diets, routines, exercises, etc. for eliminating ANY of the following: brain fog, memory loss, anxiety, depression, fatigue, tension, tremors, digestive problems, chronic illnesses, etc. and anything else that may have manifested from the incessant eroding of the mind, body and spirit through our negative societal influences?

I'm looking specifically at those issues that no doctor seems to be able to explain, or that western science simply refuses to address in great detail. After visiting doctor after doctor for the past year, I am more than convinced that these days the western way is to lump most of what they cannot explain via lab tests into some mental or (incurable) chronic illness, and throw pills at you from then on out. Ex: "Oh you're tired and you have brain fog? Hmm well your physical looks fine. I think you are just depressed. Here, have some Zoloft."

Furthermore, I'm not necessarily looking for routines that elevate your mental state to incredibly heightened levels only achieved in meditative states-- moreso looking for methods that bring the average, day-to-day general well-being up to "true" healthy standards (like a child's mind and body). Although if meditation is a means to get both, then that's good to know as well.

For me personally, I honestly believe an internal "creative lightswitch" for lack of a better term simply shut off suddenly around the age of 19 or 20, and since then I feel I have been struggling with mental clarity and a number of other issues described in the opening paragraph. Some of those conditions began before this age, but that was really the moment I realized something was off. I'm hoping fellow ATSers can chime in and present both anecdotal claims of what worked for them, and practices of various cultural backgrounds that they may have studied. Let 'er rip!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My method is easy......

Tequila.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

I know you are probably going to call me crazy, but the best suggestion I can give you is to trust in Jesus...
I suffer from most if not all of your same symptoms, and I really sympathize with you, and I pray for your healing in Jesus name...I don't know you, but God wants to heal you of all your ailments, He wants to give you a DOUBLE portion of strength and healing...Give Him a chance, He promises that if you "taste" of His love, you will find that He is good, and He is worthy...As for me, I struggle with drug addiction(pot), and I smoke ciggarettes, I know, not very "Christianly" of me eh? But I know if I stopped all that crap God could work with me and heal me...but I choose to further destroy my body...How can He work with me if I'm not willing to give up what destroys me? I don't know about you, that's just personally...but I'm just asking for you to taste of His goodness, if you don't like it, you can move on...but I promise, He is so sweet, you won't be able to put Him down...
MUCH love and prayers to you my friend...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
My method is easy......

Tequila.

This + Prune Juice!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I had all the same symptoms as you for 7 years. This year I found out about St Johns Wort, which I had tried before, but only for a few days and gave up. I prayed and prayed for an answer to my horrible fatigue, brain fog, and social anxiety.. and I was lead to St Johns Wort which I decided to take every day (900 mg/day) until it worked.

Within 2 weeks I noticed I could literally spring out of bed and couldn't wait to start my day and talk to people. Everything is now so much brighter now and completely different.

Hippocrates was one of the first to use it for "melancholia" aka depression. He prescribed it a lot to his patients in Greece. It's also said to help with psychic attack and fending off bad spirits. It's a very spiritual herb, not just biological.

Try it, you won't regret it! =)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
As far as music is concerned, try Gregorian Chant music. It's ethereal, spiritual, centuries old, and very powerful for clearing one's mind of negative thoughts. Search Amazon.com for different genres of music until you find one that suits your style and personality.

I also like swimming as a good meditative exercise - It's relaxing, a great aerobic workout, and good for the cardiovascular system.

Whatever your spiritual inclination, pursue it. If you are Catholic, for example, start going to Mass every day. If you are Jewish, start attending synagogue services early every morning. You get the idea.

Learn a new language. Yes, that's right. In your car, why not learn French, Spanish, Chinese, Hebrew, Russian, Japanese, or any other foreign language by popping in a language studies CD? Talk about challenging your mind to think in new ways!

Pets are very helpful for calming one's nerves. They say that people with pets have better immune systems, and just the act of walking a dog every day is good companionship and good exercise.

Try to gain balance and equilibrium in your life. You need time for Social, Mental, Spiritual, Physical Fitness, Family, Career, and Financial activities in your life. Try a balanced approach to each category, and don't go overboard on any one category. Rate yourself 1-10 on each category - How is your Social life? Spirituality? etc. and on down the line. If you are weak in one area, try focusing on improving that area. If you are weak in the Mental category, for example, start a study program, take some classes, or lay out a reading agenda for the next couple of months for yourself. If you are weaker in Spirituality, make that a focus. But try to incorporate all 7 of these categories into your daily and weekly lifestyle routines.

Lastly, consider doing some charity work on the weekends. There's probably a Habitat for Humanity hear your hometown, or even a soup kitchen. These kinds of charities always need a helping hand. One of the best ways to get your mind off of your problems is to help others less fortunate than yourself.
edit on 29-8-2012 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Very interesting question. Obviously it is hard to answer for sure but i can give you my philosophical opinion on this and also some of my experiences. There is no one method for clearing the body, mind spirit combination in my understanding but rather the act of focusing on balancing these three aspects will go a long way towards recovering good health. How I see spirit, mind and body is in that order of sensitivity, however they all affect one another, any imbalance in one will over time bring imbalance in the others.

So in order of sensitivity and also something on how i believe they are affected and affecting one another...

Spirit in my understanding deal with subtle energies such as our placement and feeling of belonging, positivity, internal spark and motivator of mind. When the spirit is unbalanced we experience lack of motivation to do anything, or extreme motivation or swinging back and forth of internal mood - i.e gauging emotions is a good way to gauge the direction spirit is taking. When spirit is not healthy it sooner or later affects the mind, bringing mind out of balance....

Now i see mind as represented by the active thinking processes and as such the mind is balanced by the thinking we do and do not do. Over active or underactive mind will in turn over time give rise to imbalances of the body...

The body is affected by physical events, blows, breaks, chemical imbalances etc. It is the last place internal imbalance shows up and when it does show in the body it would already have become a chronic condition of the mind and spirit for it to show up here.

But injuries to the body can also in turn work themselves inwards through mind to spirit to cause imbalance there.

the best method for clearing and maintaining the three SM and B would in my opinion be to exercise, to clean and to balance them against one another.

i.e Rest, Active exercise and cleansing is what I believe in.

So for the

Body that means Sleep, Exercise and hygiene (inside and out)
Mind Meditation, Problem Solving and Awareness (of thoughts)
Spirit Acceptance/Love , Interaction and Nature

All of these also require good nutrition however the more optimal and balance the combination the less is needed and the more the body is able to extract from what it receives. Food can be used to balance and can be cause for imbalance in all three.

If a food is good or not I guess is best measured by its hygiene, awareness and nature.... I.e free from contaminations, free from harmful chemicals, and free from artificial substances, processes.

Which method is used to achieve balance is individual imo. It is the one method that caters for that individuals imbalances...

I'd like to add that medicine natural or western is like surgery a last resort, and extreme measure taken to correct imbalance, where nothing else will work. Because often both of these causes other imbalances - however it is a matter of priorities which is chosen.

I am for medicine being used but not to the extent it is and not before testing a balancing approach of the SMB system first.

I'm sorry if it's a bit of a ramble i hope it makes some sense it's early morning here and i haven't really woken up yet... but I wanted to reply because this topic is one I have thought about alot and am experimenting with now for myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I slowly lost my health, with many of the same symptoms that you described, as well as others, about 15 years ago. I also encountered a clueless western medical barrage of doctors. I won't bore you with all the details here, but I have been virtually symptom free for over a year now. I am happy to share what I did personally, but I think its more important to tell you I think your on the right track. The realization that it is the combination of mind, body and spirit that is involved was paramount to my success and where I consider my healing journey actually started. (I think of it as the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies personally).

I encourage you to seek information, recommendations and opinions, and especially be willing to try different things. Listen to your intuition - but don't throw logic out the window in the process. Don't reject a practice, philosophy (or wisdom for that matter) as an all-or-nothing approach. Take the elements that resonate with you and leave the rest behind.

Personally, I found success with an approach involving meditation, physical energy movement practices, contemplation (for lack of a better word), and emotional self-growth/work - all in essence striving towards balance.

Originally posted by solarjetman

Furthermore, I'm not necessarily looking for routines that elevate your mental state to incredibly heightened levels only achieved in meditative states-- moreso looking for methods that bring the average, day-to-day general well-being up to "true" healthy standards (like a child's mind and body). Although if meditation is a means to get both, then that's good to know as well.

I don't believe that meditation "heights" automatically lead to fantastic health. That being said, I will admit that there has been a strong correlation overall between my meditation experiences and my increasing health and happiness. Its not as simple as that, but then again, what is

edit on 8/30/2012 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Final channelings:
The 7 Stages of Emotional Clearing

How to clear the negative emotions in our bodies is a process that most of us have never been taught to do. Society does not give much credence to this work. Consequently, when we do try to clear, because we do not know the stages that humans go through in order to release painful emotions, we get stuck. For many, this leads to feelings of frustration and so they just give up. But when we give up, we do so at a price. When conflicts remain unresolved, their associated emotions remain, creating energetic imbalances in the body on the physical level that lead to illness. On the mental level, they can create bi-polar disorders and, in some cases, depression. On the emotional level, they lead us to either act out in destructive ways such as raging, or in covert ways, using passive/aggressive behavior. All of these things are destructive to our personal relationship with our Inner Children, not to mention our relationships with others.

The 7 Stages of Emotional Clearing are given as a roadmap to help you navigate the stages of clearing that each person experiences in order to fully and completely clear negative pain associated with a conflict or other negative event from the body.

The 7 Stages

1. Trigger
2. Identify Trigger through anger
3. Projection and blaming
4. Express and release anger and pain
5. Look for and find the mirror
6. Own the mirror
7. Clear the mirror

1. Trigger

A trigger occurs when someone violates a personal boundary or agreement.

2. Identifying the trigger through anger

Once triggered, you react with anger or, if not anger, at least a sense that something is not right.

Note: Many people get stuck here because they have learned to immediately stuff their anger when it occurs. An example would be saying to yourself, “Oh, it’s just not worth getting upset over.”

3. Projection and Blaming

If you are angry, the next thing you do is blame someone for it. We call this “projecting” because you are putting the blame for your pain on someone else.

Note: Many people project and blame but they don’t go past this point and express it to the person with whom they are upset.

4. Express and release anger and pain

This is the step in which you vent your anger toward the accused. Expressing can take various forms depending on the intensity of the violation and trigger. Mild violations may require just speaking up about it. Stronger violations may require speaking up and a few choice cuss words to clear the pain and so on.

Note: Most people will stop short of this step because they believe they don’t feel comfortable and/or they don’t have the right to express their anger. In that case, passive/aggressive behavior will ensue because anger must have a release.

5. Look for and find the mirror
Once the anger has been expressed, logic can return. Now and only now can you begin to look for how you have co-created the situation. Beginning with Steps 1—3 of the Formula of Compassion, you look for the lesson, contract and role that the other person is playing.

Tip: If you are not able to talk with your guides to get the information you need to find the mirror, try starting with Step 4 of the Formula. Ask yourself, “What fear is the other person expressing through their behavior?” Once you figure out what the fear is, you then ask, “What belief is triggering that fear?” By doing this, you are tracing your way back to the belief that is at the root of the behavior. Keep this rule in mind: Beliefs create fears which we then act out through our behavior.

Continuing..
edit on 31-3-2013 by NibiruFinal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
6. Own the mirror

Step 4 of the Formula of Compassion is where you recognize the aspect of you that the other person is reflecting or mirroring back to you. It is always a behavior motivated by fear. At that same moment of recognition, you will also be able to acknowledge that you have done the same thing that you have been judging that person for doing. If you truly see this, the anger and pain will quickly turn to empathy and sadness because you understand, first-hand, the fear that drives you both to that behavior.

Note: You may have already completed this step if you used the tip provided in Stage 5.

7. Clear the mirror

Steps 5-9 of the Formula of Compassion are completed in this stage.

Now that you have found the fear that motivated the behavior, the next step is to ask yourself, “What belief triggered that behavior?” This is usually a core belief such as, “I must be perfect in order to have the right to exist.” Once you find the belief, you now have the gift; the recognition of that belief and the opportunity to change it.

At this point there is a sudden shift in your body. The empathy and sadness shift to overwhelming appreciation and gratitude for the other person as all anger, pain, and blame are transmuted. In this moment you release the other person totally and completely. You then apologize and validate the other person’s pain.

Step 9 of the Formula of Compassion: Your only thought now is how to thank the other person for the gift. You do this by thanking them with a heart full of appreciation and gratitude. They will feel this. Once completed, you have cleared the mirror. The conflict is over and peace, love and harmony is reestablished. But there is an even greater reward; each party feels a greater degree of trust in the relationship because they know that when conflicts arise, each party will stay to work through the conflict and not run.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Letting go is the most powerful thing you can do in my opinion. Just let it all go....

top topics

join