It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Backed By Views In The Information Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The U.S. federal government should create one government website that requires some form of ID from U.S. citizens to create a secure account under their real full names. (Understand the website needs to be able to have as many users as it is american citizens.) Then they need to create money and pay it out to users based on how many views they get to, say, something they posted on the website. Like topics as an only good example!

It would be money backed by views since the internet is so popular nationally. I say make it that a user who is a U.S. citizen gets paid .50 cents per view recieved. The payments should come into the U.S. citizen's bank account via direct deposit.

Why don't everybody in the U.S. get money based on how many views they get since this is the age of information, where much is done online? It only makes sense.

People value information, so what do they do? VIEW IT ONLINE!

Money is no longer backed in the U.S, but we can make it become backed again by views.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
highly entertaining. facebook is already doing that accept they are still getting all the money for your views.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Can we have 'view bonds' too. I think the price of views will skyrocket when the dollar fails. You say they are worth 50 cents now but what will they be worth after the collapse? I think I will write a heap of views down on a piece of paper as insurance for the future. To protect myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Did you make that up yourself? Do you have any research data to flesh it out? Remember, the government is not in the business of benefitting you...it is in the business of making money. So it would have to be a revenue source for all involved.

Before we even get to that, though, you have to get past the fact that people like myself would not register.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3
highly entertaining. facebook is already doing that accept they are still getting all the money for your views.

So is ATS, and every other site out there.

Like I said, it is business. For it to really be business, though, there has to be a monetization of a resource. In this case, we are saying that "views" are a resource. Which is horrifying in and of itself....but given that this has been monetized already in the current internet advertising scheme, it isn't a long shot I would suppose. Problem is, 99% of America has nothing worthwhile to say. Just look at the tripe that is on Facebook.

top topics

join