It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAL book raises questions about bin Laden's death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

SEAL book raises questions about bin Laden's death

[url=http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/29/seal-book-raises-questions-about-bin-laden-death/?page=all#pagebreak]www.washingtontimes.com[/url ]

WASHINGTON (AP) — A firsthand account of the Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden contradicts previous accounts by administration officials, raising questions as to whether the terror mastermind presented a clear threat when SEALs first fired upon him.

Bin Laden apparently was hit in the head when he looked out of his bedroom door into the top-floor hallway of his compound as SEALs rushed up a narrow stairwell in his direction, according to former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette, writing under the pseudonym Mark Owen in “No Easy Day.” The book is to be published next week by Penguin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well now-some more truth distortions on the Obama Admin. They just can't seem to tell the truth-about anything.

Glorifing OBL death-in the sense of a gun battle etc etc etc. B.S. Which Obama tried to support by the bogus photo that they POSED for. I will link the thread shortly.

Please, for the love of God, can Obama be taken out this November by Political Assualts... meaning voting enmass that the numbers show him getting pummpled by say... 35 points?

Now, how much is this author in the know. I say pretty far if the Pentagon is now considering court martialing him. I guess if they do then that would lead some MAJOR credence to him and the Book.

Oh, what is Obama to do???? LOL
[SNIPPED]White House modifies Osama bin Laden account (Didn't happen as said yesterday-Made OBL a Hero figure
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Staged: White House “Situation Room” Photos Part Of Bin Laden Fable
www.infowars.com...
edit on 8/29/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Politically Charged Photo.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What I've never understood about the whole Bin Laden death....why in the world would they think the public would be satisfied with no proof of his death? "Uh, we killed him, then buried him at sea. Sorry, no body, didn't think it would make a difference."

I'm not arguing that Bin Laden's death didn't really happen. I just think its absolutely asinine or extremely arrogant on the administration's part to assume we'd just swallow the official story without demanding further proof. Kinda shows how arrogant Obama is; "believe me because I said it."

Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
He probably peered his head through the dorr thinking "wtf, they said they wouldnt come for me!" He probably shouted " No, stop I'm on your side.."

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm always a bit skeptical when people like this release books. Not saying it won't be accurate but it's always worth remembering that the author is out to make money so the more controversy the better!

If we are saying that Bin Laden was everything the MSM portrayed him as, I can understand why Obama's administration altered the fine details of the raid before public consumption. Would serve no purpose to report that Bin Laden was shot without resisting and that his corpse wasn't treated with the 'dignity' previously reported.

The release of this book will certainly not help the troops still over in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
He probably peered his head through the dorr thinking "wtf, they said they wouldnt come for me!" He probably shouted " No, stop I'm on your side.."

Probably had his bags packed and his passport ready when he heard the chopper!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Herer is another account. This guy/author is pretty detailed. Sounds legit.

Good read though:

www.theatlanticwire.com...

You knew Obama was going to take Credit... for EVERYONE:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

That probably has more truth to it than we will ever know.

And i might just go look for this book after work today.
edit on 29-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
News like this honestly shouldn't surprise anyone here.

Also, it's not just Obama's lies. It is the lies of the whole group that controls everything government does. Removing Obama from office will do nothing to stop things like this.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I just realized that..

It is good this book is out now, exposing the fraud/lies.

Right before the Obama supporters movie of the Raid... you know.. the one they didn't have access to the secret files.. right...

Obama's CIA Let Filmmakers 'Deep Dive' into Classified Material for bin Laden Film
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Good read though:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I just realized that..

It is good this book is out now, exposing the fraud/lies.

Right before the Obama supporters movie of the Raid... you know.. the one they didn't have access to the secret files.. right...

Obama's CIA Let Filmmakers 'Deep Dive' into Classified Material for bin Laden Film
www.breitbart.com...

If the Author is brought up on court martial charges....one would think this movie would be used by his legal defense to vindicate him.

Des

edit on 29-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Now, how much is this author in the know. I say pretty far if the Pentagon is now considering court martialing him. I guess if they do then that would lead some MAJOR credence to him and the Book.
Apparently he's in the know but frankly I'm not seeing much difference between his story, the official story and the story I saw on a TV documentary.

All the stories seem to agree that Osama didn't seem to pose much of a threat himself and they blasted him anyway. The stories about reaching for a gun seem kind of contrived.

So the real question is what were their mission orders? Capture if possible? Or kill? My guess is the latter, so, that's what they did. But I'm not in the know, I'm just guessing.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Looks like this is going to get a bit "hot".

From Breaking News...apparently The Pentagon is not pleased.

The Pentagon on Wednesday said it has obtained a copy of a soon-to-be-published book by a former Navy commando who participated in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden and is reviewing it.

The book was not cleared by U.S. defense officials in advance, raising the possibility that the author could face an investigation and possible criminal prosecution.

"We have obtained a copy and are reviewing it," Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman told Reuters.

www.cnbc.com...

And they burried bin Laden at sea....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is important news.
Obama should be removed right now from office.
Do i really need to explain why? Even to the most ignorant of deniers

This may coincide with news leaking right now of a major false flag about to blow open.
S&F Op.
edit on 29-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: add word

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem

Good read though:

Thats a great photo there

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I must obviously be mistaken. My understanding was three months after this alleged incident ,Seal Team Six ( 22 of 30 ) were shot down while in a helicopter. Even this story in the LA Times is confusing on the number killed, when and where. NOW someone wrights a Book. In my opinion the entire story from day one is fantasy BS.

articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/06/world/la-fg-afghanistan-chopper-20110807

Pretty sure this link will not work, but you can cut and paste.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was under the impression that OBL died of something like kidney failure in Dec 2001, was kept on 'ice' by the US administration/CIA for use in the future if/when they needed him. Several foreign officials talked about him as being dead years ago.

Could this book be the masking of the unbelievable official story so that it seems like they were hiding something, can then make apologies and ride the storm all the while it is just another plausable lie in order to take the heat off the fact that he was dead for years and all the vids / reports since 2001 were faked? Court martialling the SEAL member would just add more credibility to the whole scam.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
he was behind the point man coming up the stairs

how does he know UBL was not a threat ?

he doesn't

nothing to see here

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog
I must obviously be mistaken. My understanding was three months after this alleged incident ,Seal Team Six ( 22 of 30 ) were shot down while in a helicopter. Even this story in the LA Times is confusing on the number killed, when and where. NOW someone wrights a Book. In my opinion the entire story from day one is fantasy BS.

articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/06/world/la-fg-afghanistan-chopper-20110807

Pretty sure this link will not work, but you can cut and paste.

Team six is a general operational term, members need not be anyone connected to the actual 'raid'
As for the content of this book, and the raid itself, the logic is strained to the extreme. We have to believe for starters that OBL would have been given one chance to survive, AKA no resistance, he didn't. Then they 'buried' him at sea, blah blah/no they didn't according to Stratfor. Of course the raid had to be a ground based assault after landing in helicopters, why? they have drones before and after blasting the hell out of people in Pakistan anyway, why the one chance priviledge for OBL then, never mind the possible deaths of navy seals? the whole thing makes no sense, unless of course it is needed in some official minds to prove that OBL has expired officially, with no shrine to gather at, that's BS anyway. Most people thought that he was already dead anyway, including intelligence sources. Now let's see if this writer is let off the hook officially, and even if he is, Fox has given up his identity allegedly, on their part. Again it makes no sense, even the pseudonym was to be cast off so soon. It is all stinky.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join