It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotter adamant 'Big cat still out there'!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The police took this seriously initially spent quite alot of public funds looking for this big cat. Drafted in experts and extra resources. It was spotted by four people in a field for 20-30 minutes looking at the photo of it I think it is large enough to be a lion, based on the stubble in the field being 8 inches.

A couple who claimed to have seen an animal which looked like a lion in an Essex field have said they believe the creature is still at large.'

A search for the "very large animal" seen near Earl Hall Drive in St Osyth, near Clacton-on-Sea, at about 19:00 BST on Sunday was called off on Monday.

Gill Atkin, on holiday in the village with her husband Steve, said: "I still don't think it was a domestic cat."

Ginny Murphy, of St Osyth, has claimed the animal is her pet cat, Teddy Bear.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe this won't be the last we will here of the Essex lion, can't see it being a hoax or even that they miss took a cat for a lion. There is quite a big difference!!!

What you all thinking take a look at the picture, it is quite fuzzy and it's on the video in the link.

Peace.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Frankel because: Bah

edit on 28-8-2012 by Frankel because: Bahrain

edit on Tue Aug 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped quote, added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is a lion? Seriously?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
People mistake things all the time, that is why there is a UFO forum here

I live in Essex, and know people own exotic animals. My guess is that this is a Savannah cat or something similar.

My friend had an Asian Leopard, her friends have all sorts of weird and wonderful animals.

There is no way there is a lion on the loose.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
looking at that piccy i'm sure its a ginger tom probably bred with a main coon/norwegian forest cat but given they can get upto 2 stone in weight they can be bigger than normal puddy wuddy tats but come on a 20lb cat versus a 200lb plus lion it's either a little bit of too much bank holiday libation or they need to goto specsavers

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Not saying its definatly a lion but large enough to be a lion? Maybe? Whatever it is it's bigger than your large tom domestic cat.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I think it's got to be someone's exotic pet that has either got loose or been turned loose by the owner, like u said lots of people own these large type cats, and just look at all the dogs that end up turned out on the streets everyday.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankel

Not saying its definatly a lion but large enough to be a lion? Maybe? Whatever it is it's bigger than your large tom domestic cat.

How do you know? The photo was taken with a telephoto lens. There are no references in the picture that help gauge size. If this kitty were walking past a motorcycle, you could gauge its size, but here you have nothing to go on.

This reminds me of the 15 foot rattle snake. It was really about seven feet, but if the handler stands behind the snake and thrusts it toward the camera, the perspective makes it look a lot larger than it really is.

Observe: Teddy Bear, a Main Coon. Look familiar?

edit on 8/28/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Because it's clearly lying down and still much higher than the crops it is under, if a big Tom was lying down like that it would look much smaller. Four people watched it for 20 minutes it wasn't a passing glance they had, plus they had binoculars to aid them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It wasn't taken with a telephoto lens by the way..... So your wrong on that account

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is supposed to be a large black Panther in my area. Many have seen it and all claim it's really big. I know we have bobcats around and they are not small, but only 4 or 5 times as big as a normal tomcat. The panther is said to be over 100 pounds.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think this ...

could possibly be this ...

Someones idea of a joke maybe

Woody

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

It wasn't taken with a telephoto lens by the way..... So your wrong on that account

You sure about that? It's extremely poor quality and blurred. I read all the BBC articles available and there was no mention of the photograph type, camera, etc. Take a look at "Teddy Bear." I added him in my post above. Look familiar?

Meow!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just find it hard to believe four people with the aid of a pair of binoculars and a zoom in camera, would phone the police over a big Tom cat. How would anyone with half a brain look at a big Tom cat and the first thing that comes to mind is a lion? Quick 'Phone the police'. Lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

They observed it moving for over twenty minutes so kinda rules that out...haha

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They where on our local news tonight as they live very near to where I live. The picture was taken on a normal digatial camera.... There where 4 people who saw this big cat and another who heard it roar...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I don't know maybe ur right and it was just teddy bear in the field having a scratch lol, but the four people who spotted it must feel quite stupid all the fuss it caused and money spent on looking for it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
This is a lion? Seriously?

What do you think it is?

Evidently the grass in that field is 8" high. Which means whatever that thing is measures roughly 2 feet from the ground to the top of its head. Do you know of any house cat that is 2 feet tall even when standing on all fours, let alone while laying down?

Of course, that's assuming that grass really is about 8" tall, which I have no way of verifying not being on the same continent.

Anyone in the area that could possibly track this field down and see how high the grass really is?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Watch the video on the link you can see the field and the length of the crop on there much clearer than the photo.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Watch the video on the link you can see the field and the length of the crop on there much clearer than the photo.

My computer doesn't play video (long story) so I can't watch the vid unfortunately, does it show someone measuring the grass where the "thing" was sitting or show the grass height compared to a person so we can be pretty sure on the average height?

I'm still keeping an open mind on this.... I don't know why but it just seems like there is no reason to NOT believe that this is possible. Assuming the grass is fairly tall, then definitely it's something pretty big, bigger than any house cat.

My cat is pretty large, kind of looks like a tiny black panther. All black and weighs about 18lbs, with a really long body. I can hold my arms up kind of like I'm lifting weights and have the cat's legs and arms hang on either side of my arms, with it's body going across the front of my chest. He's definitely considered a large cat. But I've never had anybody mistake him for a panther before, let alone several people. Not to mention, when I get lazy and let the grass in the backyard grow to about a foot tall, he totally disappears when laying down. If in fact that grass is anywhere close to 8" then that thing laying down is huge. impossible to be a housecat, and looks much more cat-like than a dog, so I don't think it's that.

Who knows, maybe someone playing a prank or people are just going crazy, but so far I'm still thinking it's possibly a lion or some sort of big cat. I mean, people know what lions look like, right? I did when I was like 4 years old, how could several adults not know what the heck a lion looks like?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

My computer doesn't play video (long story) so I can't watch the vid unfortunately, does it show someone measuring the grass where the "thing" was sitting or show the grass height compared to a person so we can be pretty sure on the average height?

I'm still keeping an open mind on this.... I don't know why but it just seems like there is no reason to NOT believe that this is possible. Assuming the grass is fairly tall, then definitely it's something pretty big, bigger than any house cat.

My cat is pretty large, kind of looks like a tiny black panther. All black and weighs about 18lbs, with a really long body. I can hold my arms up kind of like I'm lifting weights and have the cat's legs and arms hang on either side of my arms, with it's body going across the front of my chest. He's definitely considered a large cat. But I've never had anybody mistake him for a panther before, let alone several people. Not to mention, when I get lazy and let the grass in the backyard grow to about a foot tall, he totally disappears when laying down. If in fact that grass is anywhere close to 8" then that thing laying down is huge. impossible to be a housecat, and looks much more cat-like than a dog, so I don't think it's that.

Who knows, maybe someone playing a prank or people are just going crazy, but so far I'm still thinking it's possibly a lion or some sort of big cat. I mean, people know what lions look like, right? I did when I was like 4 years old, how could several adults not know what the heck a lion looks like?

Sorry no it doesn't show anyone measuring the crops in the field, the video gives a little look into how long it is, you would of thought before drafting all the police in a zoo experts and all that someone would have measured the crop to get a better accuracy of the sighting because they clearly say in there statement 8 inches high and the cat was towering over it lying down.

I can't see four people with the amount of viewing time they had to get something like that as wrong as people are making out.

I think a lynx or similar type cat that someone has turned loose is to blame.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join