It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete MSL Curiosity Descent Interpolated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing.

FYI: Motion interpolation is a form of video processing in which intermediate animation frames are generated between existing ones, in an attempt to make animation more fluid.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Link embedding

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sunk without a trace........

Watch the video, it is amazing!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Truly spectacular, awe inspiring even, really improves upon the stop-motion style caused by the low FPS of the original.

Not surprised your thread sunk without a trace, I posted the first thread with the original descent video when it was released and it too disappeared to the depths quickly.

Guess people are too busy trying to find signs of foul play in the released images to notice beauty of the actual science behind the mission e.g. the logistics of the mission.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing.

Mars looks very red in the footage too.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
FYI: Motion interpolation is a form of video processing in which intermediate animation frames are generated between existing ones, in an attempt to make animation more fluid.
Unfortunately it's reduced to 720p. I'm not sure why he'd go to all this trouble and shrink it like that.

The video he replied to was 1080p which itself is reduced from the 1200 of the original, but youtube probably caps at 1080p which is why we can't see 1200 (my monitor actually displays 1200, so I'd actually like to see it in full resolution 1200, but not many people would be able to see that).

Since my monitor can display 1080p, the 1080p video he replied to looks better to me, but if you're on a 720p laptop and can't see the difference, I guess this one might look good in comparison.

Resolution is more important than frame rate, to me at least.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
As a video editor I can tell you why.

Process time goes up with 1080p, dramatically up. As does file size and upload time. It is also (unlikely but) possible that Youtube cut it to 720...I've had that happen to me before.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the film lesson, that has taught me quite a bit about film interpolation.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
As a video editor I can tell you why.

Process time goes up with 1080p, dramatically up.
Thanks, I was wondering if it had something to do with process time. I've edited videos also, but so far not 1080.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Is it quite easy then, video interpolation? It seems like it is being used more and more in situations where complete running film can not be produced. It might be one of the reasons the NASA team did not feel it unnecessary to install a running digital camera on the rover.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Quite an awe-inspiring video man, thanks.
And don't worry, is the norm around here that actual scientific and enriching content is ignored while unfounded silly threads about whatever came to mind to an ADD ridden australopitecus reaches 12000 flags...
Just keep'em coming!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Oh I am aware of that, there's is a place for those kind of threads on this site as well, I suppose.

I might go an start one now actually.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That was pretty a-some!

Thanks!

top topics

join