It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's nod to Neil Armstrong, causing a stir on the conservative blogosphere

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

All day long I've been reading about the narcissistic president putting himself into the tribute to a great man, Neil Armstrong.

But the picture I see, is a humble nod to Armstrong.

Now everyone knows I'm no fan of Obama. But really. C'mon. Let the president give his nod to Armstrong.

THEN attack him on policy.

Link to Obama site
barackobama.tumblr.com...

What's YOUR take, ATS?
edit on Mon Aug 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Obama...spelling in title

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I actually agree Beezzer, give the Obama his staged nod and photo op because we all know how sincere it really is LOL. And yes, attack him on his policies, his lies, his past and all of his treasonous deceptions, it's not like there aren't enough of them to keep people busy for a lifetime.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hopefully that's not all he's nodding goodbye to...

To Neil Armstrong...God Speed....You will be remembered forever

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
not much to be honest
let him nod, then get on with being a puppet!

sorry for minimal input but its just how i feel about all governments worldwide (except maybe Norway)
edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
No comment on the Obama picture. I'm saddened by Armstrong's passing. I met him once when I was 14. Michael Collins is a distant relative. When he and Armstrong were at some conference nearby, my great-aunt knew about it and took me to meet both of them. I still have the autographed photo of their Saturn-V lifting off.

With ATS being a conspiracy site, I'm waiting for the first post saying that either Obama or Romney had something to do with Armstrong's death to gain points with Ohio.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
the conspiracy to kill kennedy wasn't about communism and castro, but from preventing man from going to the moon.

little did they know that his assassination strengthened america's resolve and lbj made it his top priority to full fill kennedy's pledge.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Honestly the conservative blogosphere, frightens the hell out of me. I see an American President paying tribute to not only an American Astronaut but an American Icon who will forever be remembered as the first man to set foot on the moon. But of course the conservative blogosphere doesn't see that, they can't because they do not believe the President is in fact an American to begin with. The only thing they don't seem to grasp is when they go off on tangents over this it erodes any standing they have attacking him on policy.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The thing is...It's still a photo OP. Obama didn't need to do this. You still have to ask the question why he did it? I don't know if Obama had motives for the Photo OP but the man has an ego bigger than anyone I can think of besides for the Kardashians...

What if Bush had done this? In fact, name a time when Bush put his interests above those of the death of an American Celebrity?

His speech/tweet was good enough in my opinion. Obama doesn't need to be everywhere.
edit on 27-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Stupid IS as stupid DOES.

and That goes for both sides

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's inconceivable to me that a man of Armstrong's stature could pass on without being acknowledged by the President. And no matter what this president says or does, there's going to be plenty of people looking to turn it into something it isn't. That's unfortunately the nature of politics, and not just with this president.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm surprised we haven't been directed to fly flags at half mast for Armstrong. That would sure be appropriate, to me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by beezzer

Honestly the conservative blogosphere, frightens the hell out of me. I see an American President paying tribute to not only an American Astronaut but an American Icon who will forever be remembered as the first man to set foot on the moon. But of course the conservative blogosphere doesn't see that, they can't because they do not believe the President is in fact an American to begin with. The only thing they don't seem to grasp is when they go off on tangents over this it erodes any standing they have attacking him on policy.

You have a point. It takes away the legitimacy of their (our) claims.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
The thing is...It's still a photo OP. Obama didn't need to do this. You still have to ask the question why he did it? I don't know if Obama had motives for the Photo OP but the man has an ego bigger than anyone I can think of besides for the Kardashians...

What if Bush had done this? In fact, name a time when Bush put his interests above those of the death of an American Celebrity?

The picture is actually a stock photo.

I just took it as a nice nod to a great man.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

It's inconceivable to me that a man of Armstrong's stature could pass on without being acknowledged by the President. And no matter what this president says or does, there's going to be plenty of people looking to turn it into something it isn't. That's unfortunately the nature of politics, and not just with this president.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm surprised we haven't been directed to fly flags at half mast for Armstrong. That would sure be appropriate, to me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Good point. Didn't we fly flags at half mast for Whitney Houston?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just shows how pathological the "conservative" blogosphere is. Most of what get's called the "conservative" blogosphere is anything BUT conservative. Just of load of borderline racist sites or shills touting the corporate/banker agenda.

It's not like Fox News didn't immediately try to politicize Neil Armstrong's death:

Within 24 Hours, Fox News Host Politicizes Death Of American Hero (VIDEO)

www.addictinginfo.org...

Even worse is when Fox News anchor Monica Crowley uses an old debunked (and pretty far-fetched) hoax about Neil "converting to Islam) as part of her partisan attack on O, on the death of Neil Armstrong. No rant about Fox politicizing this great man's death - but an image of a president glancing up to the moon, that's what they'll rant about.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RancorXXX

haha both things are weird I think. Obama looks up at the moon why? Monica crowley got a job at Fox News Why? Oh wait...we already know that one...the question is legs or boobs or hair?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If Obama had done or said nothing the Right would be all over him. I am beyond sick of these rapid, irrational and hypocritical people. They are entirely devoid of human decency. It is impossible for them to have aggressive disagreement on policy alone, instead they call for the absolute destruction of the man based on total nothingness.

Make no mistake, history will record their kind to be the civically-destroying monsters that they are. I would bet literally my life that many of these people would cheer if one of their ilk killed the President and in their cowardly cirlces they'd toast the assassin as a great patriot.

I pine for the day when all decent people have the courage to shame them back under their rocks and into the shadows.
edit on 27-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are correct, with which I have no particular issue. My problem isn't Why Whitney but more, Why not Neil?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
If Obama had done or said nothing the Right would be all over him. I am beyond sick of these rapid, irrational and hypocritical people. They are entirely devoid of human decency. It is impossible for them to have aggressive disagreement on policy alone, instead they call for the absolute destruction of the man based on total nothingness.

Make no mistake, history will record their kind to be the civically-destroying monsters that they are. I would bet literally my life that many of these people would cheer is one of their ilk killed the President and in their cowardly cirlces they'd toast the assassin as a great patriot.

I pine for the day when all decent people have the courage to shame them back under their rocks and into the shadows.

As a conservative, and creator of this thread, I think I'm doing just that.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I don't know about celebrities, but he sure did use the victims of 9/11 for his personal gain. There wasn't a speech for years without 9/11 mentioned. Almost every bill he wanted passed was somehow related to 9/11. The number of photo ops were mind numbing.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That was in New Jersey by request of the Governor of New Jersey, a Republican.

Obama orders flags at half-staff for Neil Armstrong

Proclamation by the President: Flags To Be Flown at Half Staff: Death of Neil Armstrong
edit on 27-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join