It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass die offs still occurring?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I was thinking about those mass animal die offs that happened some time back. What if they are still going on, only the fish are dead in the ocean and haven't washed up on shores for us to find and report.

Also, what's the current status on the BP Oil Spill? Anyone been back recently? Anything being done about it? There hasn't been much activity in this section recently.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good question.
Once news goes off the front page, we seem to hear nothing....but I'm betting some news will filter out in the coming days as Isaac does his thing in the Gulf

I did some research and came up with this current article about sea life. To me it says that sea life will be altered for a long time. And if the GOM spill is anything like the Alaska oil spill, problems may still not have shown up and once they do will never fully rec0ver.
BP oil spill dispersants may have hurt Gulf of Mexico food chain, study finds

A study on possible effects of the 2010 BP oil spill indicates dispersants may have killed plankton -- some of the ocean's tiniest plants and creatures -- and disrupted the food chain in the Gulf of Mexico, one of the nation's richest seafood grounds. Scientists who read the study said it points toward major future effects of the spill. One called its findings scary.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Fear for the north pacific.....

new topics

join